Author Topic: Source says reported letter from Obama to Ayatollah ‘f***s up everything'  (Read 499 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://online.wsj.com/articles/obama-wrote-secret-letter-to-irans-khamenei-about-fighting-islamic-state-1415295291

Obama Wrote Secret Letter to Iran’s Khamenei About Fighting Islamic State
Presidential Correspondence With Ayatollah Stresses Shared U.S.-Iranian Interests in Combating Insurgents, Urges Progress on Nuclear Talks

By
Jay Solomon And
Carol E. Lee
Updated Nov. 6, 2014 4:09 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama secretly wrote to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in the middle of last month and described a shared interest in fighting Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, according to people briefed on the correspondence.

The letter appeared aimed both at buttressing the campaign against Islamic State and nudging Iran’s religious leader closer to a nuclear deal.

Mr. Obama stressed to Mr. Khamenei that any cooperation on Islamic State was largely contingent on Iran reaching a comprehensive agreement with global powers on the future of Tehran’s nuclear program by a Nov. 24 diplomatic deadline, the same people say.

The October letter marked at least the fourth time Mr. Obama has written Iran’s most powerful political and religious leader since taking office in 2009 and pledging to engage with Tehran’s Islamist government.

continued..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Source says reported letter from Obama to Ayatollah ‘f***s up everything'
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 01:13:57 am »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/06/source-says-reported-letter-from-obama-to-ayatollah-fs-up-everything/

Source says reported letter from Obama to Ayatollah ‘f***s up everything'
Published November 06, 2014FoxNews.com

President Obama reportedly penned a secret letter to Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei last month discussing their shared interest in fighting the Islamic State -- a development one congressional source told Fox News "f***s up everything."

The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday that, according to people briefed on the letter, Obama wrote to Khamenei in the middle of last month and stressed that any cooperation on dealing with the Islamic State, or ISIS, was tied to Iran striking a deal over its nuclear program. The U.S., Iran and other negotiators are facing a Nov. 24 deadline for such a deal.

A senior congressional source told Fox News that there is not anything definitive as to whether the letter even exists. But the source indicated they don't doubt that it's true because "we've seen [the president] do it before, so there is [a] precedent."

According to the Journal, Obama has written to Khamenei four times now since taking office.

The congressional source told Fox News that the letter would upset the inroads they've tried to make with "the Sunni league," noting that the president should have informed Congress of this back-channel if it was in fact going on.

"This f***s up everything," the source said. 

Iran's government is Shiite-led, while the Islamic State is a Sunni terror group. The source was apparently referring to efforts to rally support among Sunni-led Arab states to confront ISIS.

Asked about the reported letter, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest would not confirm the report.

"I'm not in a position to discuss private correspondence between the president and any world leader," he said.

However, he said the U.S. policy toward Iran "remains unchanged."

"The United States will not cooperate militarily with Iran in that effort [against ISIS]. We won't share intelligence with them," he said. "But their interests in the outcome is something that's been widely commented on ... and something that on a couple of occasions has been discussed on the sidelines of other conversations."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline R4 TrumPence

**nononono* :facepalm2:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This letter came from Valerie Jarrett who is herself is Iranian and speaks and reads Persian. Furthermore, only she would know which dialect of Iranic the mullas speak, since there are dozens of them.

It is no surprise to me that Obama would grovel before some powerful Muslim leader. He has done that the entire time he has been in office, from the very beginning. But what he has done in this case is to circumvent both Congress and the Secretary of State who's responsibility it is to manage this kind of detente.

This is not the job, or within the purview, of the President of the United States.

On a more sinister note, it seems that Obama has a penchant for trying to establish 'his' own personal relationship with foreign leaders by himself. Without consulting or notifying anyone. He is attempting to make 'secret' alliances outside of the authority of his office.

He did that with Putin, although that one was quite public, and quite a public flop. Putin wanted nothing to do with Obama. And now he is doing the same thing with Iran. Who can know the others with whom he has a secret alliance that Congress, America, or even his own SoS and administration knows nothing about?

If I were Kerry, I would resign today. Just for this alone. If you want to do my job, then you got it buddy. I quit.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:09:46 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This letter came from Valerie Jarrett who is herself is Iranian and speaks and reads Persian. Furthermore, only she would know which dialect of Iranic the mullas speak, since there are dozens of them.

It is no surprise to me that Obama would grovel before some powerful Muslim leader. He has done that the entire time he has been in office, from the very beginning. But what he has done in this case is to circumvent both Congress and the Secretary of State who's responsibility it is to manage this kind of detente.

This is not the job, or within the purview, of the President of the United States.

On a more sinister note, it seems that Obama has a penchant for trying to establish 'his' own personal relationship with foreign leaders by himself. Without consulting or notifying anyone. He is attempting to make 'secret' alliances outside of the authority of his office.

He did that with Putin, although that one was quite public, and quite a public flop. Putin wanted nothing to do with Obama. And now he is doing the same thing with Iran. Who can know the others with whom he has a secret alliance that Congress, America, or even his own SoS and administration knows nothing about?

If I were Kerry, I would resign today. Just for this alone. If you want to do my job, then you got buddy. I quit.

I'll assume you are guessing at all that, until you give sources. FYI Jarrett lived in Iran as a child, but is NOT part Iranian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_Jarrett
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Thank you for the Wiki link.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

Obama Offered to Ally w/Ayatollah Calling for Jihad Against America
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 10:39:31 am »
- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Obama Offered to Ally w/Ayatollah Calling for Jihad Against America

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On November 6, 2014 @ 9:45 pm In The Point | 9 Comments

It looks like all those reports of coordination with Iran have a basis in fact after all.

Obama reportedly sent a secret letter to Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei last month offering to work together against the Islamic State terror group in exchange for a deal on Tehran’s nuclear program

The letter, reported on Thursday by the Wall Street Journal, was sent without informing Israel or other Middle Eastern allies, according to unnamed sources familiar with the correspondence cited by the paper.

In the missive, Obama describes a shared interest in working against the Islamic State group, which has seized wide swaths of Iraq and Syria, drawing a military response from a US-led coalition

Refusing to deny or confirm the report, White House spokesman Josh Earnest said: “I’m not in a position to discuss private correspondence between the president and any world leader.”

Which is to say, yes it happened. Earnest constantly denies everything. This isn’t just a non-denial. It’s a non-denial of something that they expected to come out.

And this is apparently Obama’s fourth letter to the terrorist tyrant of Iran.

US allies will feel stabbed in the back, but that’s normal under this administration. More problematically it suggests that Obama is committing to expanding Iran’s orbit. While I oppose US intervention against Assad, I’m starting to wonder now whether Obama wasn’t being merely indecisive, but was avoiding a conflict to pander to Iran.

Mr. Obama’s letter also sought to assuage Iran’s concerns about the future of its close ally, President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, according to another person briefed on the letter. It states that the U.S.’s military operations inside Syria aren’t targeted at Mr. Assad or his security forces.

Here’s what the Ayatollah thinks of America.

In response to a question by a parliamentarian on how long this battle will continue, Khamenei said,“Battle and jihad are endless because evil and its front continue to exist. … This battle will only end when the society can get rid of the oppressors’ front with America at the head of it, which has expanded its claws on human mind, body and thought. … This requires a difficult and lengthy struggle and need for great strides.”

Why he could be Jeremiah Wright.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/obama-offered-to-ally-wayatollah-calling-for-jihad-against-america/