Author Topic: Meanwhile when you were voting on Tuesday  (Read 392 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Meanwhile when you were voting on Tuesday
« on: November 06, 2014, 07:02:56 pm »
Obama Releases First Gitmo Detainee Since Bergdahl Trade, Had Been Classified As “Too Dangerous To Release”

MIAMI (AP) — One of the longest-held prisoners at the U.S. detention center at Guantanamo Bay was sent home to Kuwait on Wednesday, the first release based on the determination of a review panel that has been re-evaluating some men previously classified as too dangerous to release.

Fawzi al-Odah had been told his release was imminent but didn’t know the date until shortly before he boarded the flight back to his country from the base in southeast Cuba, his lawyer, Eric Lewis, said.

The 37-year-old al-Odah had been the focus of an arduous battle to secure his release that had the support of his government. Lewis, who spoke to him about a week before the departure, said the prisoner just wanted to get on with life.

“There’s no bitterness, there’s no anger,” Lewis said. “There’s just excitement and joy that he will be going home.”

Al-Odah faces a minimum of one year at a militant-rehabilitation center on the grounds of a Kuwaiti prison under the transfer agreement. Lewis said that after six months al-Odah will be eligible to leave for part of the day to work or see family.

http://weaselzippers.us/204679-obama-releases-first-gitmo-detainee-since-bergdahl-trade-had-been-classified-as-too-dangerous-to-release/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Re: Meanwhile when you were voting on Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 07:16:19 pm »
Nothing seems to thrill Hussein Obama like a returned terrorist killing some innocent civilians - or U.S. soldiers.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org