Author Topic: Speaker Boehner warns Obama order would 'poison the well' on immigration  (Read 469 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/223222-boehner-time-to-deal-with-immigration-reform

November 06, 2014, 01:42 pm
Speaker Boehner warns Obama order would 'poison the well' on immigration
By Peter Sullivan

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Thursday said it is "time to deal with" immigration but warned executive action by President Obama would "poison the well" for legislation.

Boehner said that while he wants to talk to his members about the path forward, "I’ve made my position very clear: It’s time for the Congress of the United States to deal with a very difficult issue in our society."

Speaking in public for the first time since the GOP's midterm election triumph, Boehner acknowledged that immigration reform has become a "political football," but said, "it’s just time to deal with it."

Obama on Wednesday said he hopes Congress will act on immigration legislation, but insisted he's not going to wait on taking executive actions.

Boehner said the president should not go it alone.

"If the president continues to act on his own he is going to poison the well," Boehner said. "He’s going to burn himself if he continues to go down this path."

Boehner said there are obstacles to enacting an immigration reform bill on both sides of the aisle, but said "hope springs eternal."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Speaker Boehner warns Obama order would 'poison the well' on immigration
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 07:44:21 pm »

Rush Limbaugh
3 mins ·
You're the winner. You just won big. You just had a landslide. You don't give up anything, Republicans! Obama does. He lost. His party lost. They're the ones that have to move. If they don't move, the American people should be told.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 07:50:51 pm »
That's a pretty sternly worded letter right there.

Hey Bonehead:  Ohaha wants to "poison the well," and you just told him how do do it.  Didn't you learn anything in the Third-grade playground?  Geesh!

(I'm aware there is a chance this is a "Don't throw me in the briar patch" move, but I doubt it.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 10:39:43 pm »
You're the winner. You just won big. You just had a landslide. You don't give up anything, Republicans!

You only give up political power if...

The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 11:18:10 pm »
Is it me or does Josh Earnest sort of remind you of Gareth from Terminus on the "Walking Dead"?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.