Author Topic: Tea Party vows to oust Reid in 2016  (Read 553 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tea Party vows to oust Reid in 2016
« on: November 06, 2014, 06:25:18 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/223217-tea-party-vows-to-oust-reid-in-2016

November 06, 2014, 01:09 pm
Tea Party vows to oust Reid in 2016
By Ben Kamisar

A prominent Tea Party group on Thursday is launching an effort to drive Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) from office in 2016.

The Tea Party Express, which failed to defeat Reid during his last reelection bid in 2010, is holding a press conference at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas, in part to announce its plans to target the Democratic leader in the next election.

“We fired him last night as Senate majority leader, now our focus is on retiring him once and for all,” Tea Party Express executive director Taylor Budowich told The Hill. “That’s what the Tea Party's focus is gong to be right out of the gate. We aren’t going to be sitting on our hands waiting for a race to come to us.”
Reid has vowed to stay on as Democratic leader despite the party’s massive losses in the midterm elections.

Tea Party Express spent more than $1 million in 2010 trying to defeat Reid, only to see Republican Sharron Angle lose to him by almost 6 percentage points.

The event Thursday has been billed as a “unity press conference” in part to congratulate new officeholders, and comes less than 48 hours after Republicans barnstormed their way to a majority in the Senate and increased their lead in the House.

Voters in Nevada on Tuesday overwhelmingly reelected Gov. Brian Sandoval (R), while state Rep. Cresent Hardy snatched a House seat from the Democrats, giving the party three of four seats in the state. With the state trending red, Budowich argues that Reid’s seat is in play in 2016.

“Nevada joined in with the rest of the nation in demanding a new, conservative vision for America,” Budowich said in a release. “We must launch into 2016 with the same enthusiasm and motivation that defined 2014.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Tea Party vows to oust Reid in 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 06:43:28 pm »
I pray they get it done!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 09:43:41 pm »
Reid is the best opportunity for a pickup in the 2016 elections. The best way to do that is a strong Presidential campaign with coattails—the same way Tom Daschle got shown the door in 2004.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 10:40:18 pm »
That is a favorable reordering of goals, for the Tea Party (express). A shift from defeating Republicans, to defeating democrats !!

Joking aside, TPE is the Sal Russo political organization. They emailed me daily, with their fundraising efforts for Nov. 2014 and they supported the Republicans, whether TP of GOPe types. eg. they did the right thing.

I'm encouraged that this Fresno obsession with toppling established candidates, with committee standing, seniority, etc. for untested and often "too extreme" gaffe prone people has not been abandoned, in favor of common sense.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 12:41:03 am »
Please, please, PLEASE don't run some kook like Sharon Angle or Clive Owen against Reid.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 01:25:49 am »
Good luck with that. Reid is the, or certainly in the top three, most corrupt politicians in America. He wins by bribery, unions, and cheating.

You will have to spot him around 50,000 fraud votes he has in the bag before the first vote is cast. Reod has tentacles throughout the politcal and bureaucratic structure of the entire state, with bribes, intimidation, and extortion.

He and his 'family' run Nevada like Carlo Gambino ran Brooklyn. If you are depending on a regular 'vote' to take out Reid, it will not work. His roots are too deep. He can change a vote tally with a phone call.

The only way he (and Pelosi too, BTW) can be taken out is with massive objective Federal oversight, and with a massive vote verification effort.

It will take the FBI and Feds involvement monitoring the election. Anything less than that, such as a 'Get out the vote' effort, will be a complete waste of time.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 04:34:55 am »
Please, please, PLEASE don't run some kook like Sharon Angle or Clive Owen against Reid.

Hey don't blame me, I was backing Tarkanian.  When Angle won the primary i was pissed!  Don't get me wrong she seemed like a nice lady, but was way out of her league.  My focus was beating Reid, and in Nevada the Tarkanians are a good match.

Oh well now I am in SC now and don't have to worry about which color my state will be after an election!...For now!
 :patriot:

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:35:22 am by Repub4Trey »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02