Author Topic: This Was How America Looked After Obama Was Elected in 2008… (then, 2014)  (Read 1722 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: This Was How America Looked After Obama Was Elected in 2008… (then, 2014)
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2014, 04:26:45 pm »
We all here, (AFAIK) want the Congress to listen to the American people...I think.  And how do they do that?  Polls do have their place in accomplishing that.  And I understand that some here believe that no matter how many polls from almost every source might provide similar results, they somehow know Americans really feel differently.

I agree with you on that Mac ( I know you are falling out of your chair right now LOL)  But you must understand that there is a great deal of difference between not for public consumption polls commissioned by people who want an accurate assessment of the public mood regarding some issue and a for public consumption poll designed to DRIVE rather than measure opinion!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2014, 04:32:49 pm »
I agree with you on that Mac ( I know you are falling out of your chair right now LOL)  But you must understand that there is a great deal of difference between not for public consumption polls commissioned by people who want an accurate assessment of the public mood regarding some issue and a for public consumption poll designed to DRIVE rather than measure opinion!

Push polls of course can do that.  My recommendation is always to look at who's conducting the poll, the poll's questions, and the stats behind the results, especially if it suddenly contradicts what other polls have been showing. 

BTW, yes, I fell out of my chair.  What's your lawyer's phone number...
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2014, 04:34:08 pm »
Word, alice, word. McConnell is perhaps a 10% improvement over Harry Reid. With McConnell as majority leader nothing much will change. We are, as conservatives and libertarians, screwed.

So, so true aligncare!  We're making progress though, that's something!   ***cool cat***

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2014, 04:34:15 pm »
Push polls of course can do that.  My recommendation is always to look at who's conducting the poll, the poll's questions, and the stats behind the results, especially if it suddenly contradicts what other polls have been showing. 

BTW, yes, I fell out of my chair.  What's your lawyer's phone number...

ROFLMAO!!!

BR549
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien