Author Topic: Ben Carson Switches Parties – Will He Run?  (Read 6224 times)

Offline speekinout

Re: Ben Carson Switches Parties – Will He Run?
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2014, 11:40:53 pm »
Yes.  The party leaders are so much smarter than the rest of us.  They should decide.

It isn't about smart. It's about vetting - getting the candidates' history, both records of actions and public statements. The "rest of us" don't have the money or resources to find out anything for ourselves, particularly for a number of candidates. We can't make good decisions unless we're informed. If we wait for the dims or the msm to tell us about the candidate's history, we won't find out anything until late in the final campaign, when it's too late to do anything but lose.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2014, 11:56:32 pm »
It isn't about smart. It's about vetting - getting the candidates' history, both records of actions and public statements. The "rest of us" don't have the money or resources to find out anything for ourselves, particularly for a number of candidates. We can't make good decisions unless we're informed. If we wait for the dims or the msm to tell us about the candidate's history, we won't find out anything until late in the final campaign, when it's too late to do anything but lose.

Good discussion. Both you and Vic make good points. However, the argument goes to you, speakinout.

This is too important to risk having the media as the only source of information between the candidates and people. If structured properly, having a pre-vetted field might help us avoid an uh oh moment on the campaign trail or in debates.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2014, 11:58:41 pm »
Since I consider myself the least of all men, it can't possibly apply to me.

Definitely not you sir!  Was referring to the potential candidates.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2014, 12:01:15 am »
Good discussion. Both you and Vic make good points. However, the argument goes to you, speakinout.

This is too important to risk having the media as the only source of information between the candidates and people. If structured properly, having a pre-vetted field might help us avoid an uh oh moment on the campaign trail or in debates.

Thanks, align. Your statement is exactly what I was trying to argue - yours is more concise and maybe clearer.  :beer:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2014, 03:10:45 am »
On the other hand, being held hostages to the vanity of lesser men is preferable?

Well now! Just who might these "lesser men" of whom you speak be?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2014, 04:13:38 am »
Well now! Just who might these "lesser men" of whom you speak be?

Sweater Vest, Little Caesar, Minnesota Sally would be a quick three.  Although one isn't a man, is she?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.