Author Topic: Bernie Sanders: People Voted For An Agenda "Very Different Than What They Want And Need"  (Read 324 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/11/05/bernie_sanders_people_voted_for_an_agenda_very_different_than_what_they_want_and_need.html

Posted on November 5, 2014
Bernie Sanders: People Voted For An Agenda "Very Different Than What They Want And Need"

CHRIS CUOMO, CNN: Senator, thank you for joining us. So, do you see optimism in the results from last night and the chances moving forward?

SEN. BERNIE SANDERS (I-Vermont): Well, it depends on what you mean by moving forward. I fear very much that if you take a hard look, Chris, at the Republican agenda, what they mean by moving forward are more tax breaks for the wealthy and large corporations. Is that what the American people want? I don't think so.

I think you're going to be seeing in the coming months, attempts to cut Social Security and Medicare. I think you're going to see ignoring the reality that we need to raise the minimum wage and do pay equity. I think on many of the key issues that the American people feel strongly about, like the growing gap between the very rich and everybody else, I fear that the American people who want change, they want to deal with the collapse of the middle class, they want to deal with jobs leaving America, going to China, I think perhaps they have just voted for some folks whose agenda is very different than what they want and need. (via Breitbart TV)
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34