Author Topic: Kidnapped Philadelphia woman found alive in Maryland; man taken into custody  (Read 491 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

PHILADELPHIA (CBSNewYork) — A woman who was kidnapped on the streets of Philadelphia has been found alive in Maryland, and a man with her has been taken into custody, sources told CBS Philadelphia Wednesday.

Sources told KYW-TV, CBS3 in Philadelphia that Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, was talking with investigators Wednesday. She had suffered a minor injury, sources said.

Detectives were on the phone with family members giving them the good news that Freeland-Gaither had been found, CBS Philadelphia reported.

Police in Philadelphia were set to hold a news conference at 7 p.m.

Surveillance video showed a knife-wielding man abducting Freeland-Gaither on West Coulter Street in the Germantown section of Philadelphia. The woman kicks and screams, but cannot get away as he wrests her into his car.

An eyewitness who did not want to show his face called 911, police said. He had been walking on the opposite side of the street when he heard her scream.

“(She said) ‘Help, help me,’ and I turned around. I just started running up,” he said. “I called the cops as I’m like, ‘Yo,’ screaming, ‘Stop! Stop! Stop!’ He’s dragging her to the car.”

He said her abductor had a large knife. Investigators said as she was forced into the car, her glasses and cellphone were dropped onto the road.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/11/05/sources-woman-kidnapped-in-philadelphia-found-alive-in-maryland/
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

Good News.     Because of the video this captured the nations attention - which lead to a quick and happy ending.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Good News.     Because of the video this captured the nations attention - which lead to a quick and happy ending.

A rare very happy ending.....she was a very lucky woman...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34