Author Topic: Is GOP Senate Ready for Obama's Attorney General Fight?  (Read 573 times)

Offline Frank Archer

Is GOP Senate Ready for Obama's Attorney General Fight?
« on: November 05, 2014, 03:19:01 pm »
Michelle Malkin writes:

Gird your loins, Beltway Republicans. Election Day is over, but the progressive left is locked and loaded for battle over President Obama’s next U.S. attorney general.

Liberals unhappy with the administration’s failure to deliver a mass illegal alien amnesty fast enough want a consolation prize. The Congressional Hispanic Caucus sent Obama a demand letter last week promoting Labor Secretary Tom Perez as Eric Holder’s replacement. Mother Jones ran with “Why Picking Tom Perez for Attorney General Would Be a Smart Move for Obama.”

California Democratic Rep. Linda Sanchez gushed to Politico: “Being around him makes me a little bit giddy. … He cares about the stuff that I care about, and he’s so articulate about it.” The “stuff” Perez cares about is the bread and butter of radical leftwing identity politics. It’s “social justice”-crusading on steroids.

The rest here: http://radixnews.com/2014/11/05/gop-senate-ready-obamas-attorney-general-fight/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Is GOP Senate Ready for Obama's Attorney General Fight?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 03:20:32 pm »
Is the GOP as currently sitted, able to run out the clock on any Obama nomination/selection to replace Holder...until the new Congress is seated?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Archer

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:25:27 pm »
Good question. The Dems will try to jam through as many people as they can, especially judges

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:29:07 pm »
Is the GOP as currently sitted, able to run out the clock on any Obama nomination/selection to replace Holder...until the new Congress is seated?

That would be great, that's what they have done with Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the VA scandal, the IRS, etc.

:smokin:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 02:39:45 am »
AG (and perhaps a few federal judgeships) will be a recess appointment.

Wait and see...

SPQR

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 03:02:27 am »
AG (and perhaps a few federal judgeships) will be a recess appointment.

Wait and see...

I think after last night he will not get too far

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 03:45:54 am »
I predict Ginsberg will retire in the next week.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02