Author Topic: Obama a Complete Electoral Disaster for Dems  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Relic

Re: Obama a Complete Electoral Disaster for Dems
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 07:11:20 pm »
If Cruz and Lee had their way, the government would still be shut down, ...

Hmmmm... seems to me if you want to be persuasive, hyperbole isn't the way to go.

Actually, if Cruz and Lee had their way, government would be open, and Obamacare would be repealed.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 07:22:16 pm »
Hmmmm... seems to me if you want to be persuasive, hyperbole isn't the way to go.

Actually, if Cruz and Lee had their way, government would be open, and Obamacare would be repealed.

Completely agree, Relic!

OBVIOUSLY, Cruz and Lee, who were supposedly destroying the Republicans' chances of taking the Senate, clearly did not negatively affect the vote, but most likely were part of the reason there was a Republican ROUT on Tuesday.

Finally!  Someone standing up against Obama.  America clearly wants more, not less, of the courage they showed.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2014, 07:23:06 pm »

Absolutely right!

Which brings us to today!

Given the FACT that 29 of the Democrat senators who voted for Obamacare are no longer in office I'm not at ALL sure that an Obama veto of any new effort to repeal that would not be overridden by the house and senate!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 07:31:34 pm »
Completely agree, Relic!

OBVIOUSLY, Cruz and Lee, who were supposedly destroying the Republicans' chances of taking the Senate, clearly did not negatively affect the vote, but most likely were part of the reason there was a Republican ROUT on Tuesday.

Finally!  Someone standing up against Obama.  America clearly wants more, not less, of the courage they showed.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2014, 07:45:26 pm »
Show me a GOP candidate that ran with the government shutdown being one of their main platforms.  I'll wait...
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2014, 07:49:52 pm »
Show me a GOP candidate that ran with the government shutdown being one of their main platforms.  I'll wait...

Don't need to, Carling.  The ELECTION is the proof.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2014, 07:52:45 pm »

There definitely was a government shutdown and the democrats, the media, and a few people here did EVERYTHING they possibly could to pin it on the republicans.

Looks like that effort failed BIG TIME!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2014, 09:16:11 pm »
The election is "proof" that the American people are sick of Obama.  ObamaCare, and the lies that sold it, played a large role in this tidal wave.  If you think the government shutdown was the reason, all Dat suggest otherwise, and th Tea Party was thumped in GOP primaries.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2014, 09:29:56 pm »
The election is "proof" that the American people are sick of Obama.  ObamaCare, and the lies that sold it, played a large role in this tidal wave.  If you think the government shutdown was the reason, all Dat suggest otherwise, and th Tea Party was thumped in GOP primaries.

Ah, but you misquote me, Carling.  I didn't say that the "government shutdown" was the reason we skunked the Dems in the election.  I said that the courage of Republicans like Cruz and Lee were (part of) the reason for the tidal wave.

OBVIOUSLY, people are sick of Obama, but they need and want someone who will actually stand up to him, so elected MORE of same.  (Tim Scott, Ben Sass, Mia Love, etc., etc.)

I'm pretty sure you know that it was actually Obama and Reid who shut the government down, because I'm pretty sure you read more than the MSM to get your news............. right?  ^-^

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2014, 11:00:12 pm »
Personally, I don't think this election was much of an endorsement of the GOP by the electorate.  It WAS a refutation of OPapaDoc, however, so the Republicans had better be seen as attempting to reverse his course  and to restore the American way of life. 

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2014, 02:21:42 am »
Bigun wrote above:
[[ As it turns out the voters WANT people who will fight! ]]

Hmmmm..... lemmmeeesssee here....

Does that mean that the voters want "fighters" who will go all the way to the mat?
Even if it means using the one and only Constitutional solution to "stop" an out-of-control president?

Bigun, does it mean that?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2014, 03:00:10 am »
Bigun wrote above:
[[ As it turns out the voters WANT people who will fight! ]]

Hmmmm..... lemmmeeesssee here....

Does that mean that the voters want "fighters" who will go all the way to the mat?
Even if it means using the one and only Constitutional solution to "stop" an out-of-control president?

Bigun, does it mean that?

At one time yes!

Far to late now!  Even if we started down that road this minute we might cut 6 months off his term.  It simply isn't worth it at this point!

- J. R. R. Tolkien