Author Topic: Obama a Complete Electoral Disaster for Dems  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Frank Archer

Obama a Complete Electoral Disaster for Dems
« on: November 04, 2014, 05:06:28 pm »
Michael Barone writes:

Before the election results are in, and keeping in mind that there may be some unpleasant surprises for one party or the other — or both — it’s possible to assess how the Democratic Party has fared under the leadership of President Obama. To summarize the verdict: not so well.

By one metric it has done very badly indeed. When Obama took the oath of office in January 2009, there were 257 Democrats in the House of Representatives. Going into this election there are 201 (including two vacant Democratic seats).

Psephologists universally agree Democrats will suffer a net loss of House seats, for reasons explained in an earlier column in this space. That will leave them with a number probably somewhere in the 190s.

That means a loss of something like 60 seats — far more than the parties of George W. Bush after six years (19 seats), and slightly more than Bill Clinton at this stage (47 seats).

The rest here: http://radixnews.com/2014/11/04/obama-complete-electoral-disaster-dems/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 05:07:13 pm by Frank Archer »

Offline musiclady

Re: Obama a Complete Electoral Disaster for Dems
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 06:39:52 pm »
Psephologists universally agree

Leave it to Barone to come up with a word I have NEVER heard before!  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 06:42:34 pm »
I just voted today. My only regret is there weren't more contests that I could vote Republican in.

This is their chance. We're going to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 08:46:39 pm »
Leave it to Barone to come up with a word I have NEVER heard before!  ^-^

I had to hit the Google to figure out it means "Study of Elections."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 09:03:01 pm »
I had to hit the Google to figure out it means "Study of Elections."

You'd think that in more than a half century of interest in elections, I'd know that word, eh?   :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 11:49:53 pm »
I did very little due diligence before today's vote and almost regretted it.  Our house race featured the Republican incumbent, and until I entered the voting booth I didn't realize he was opposed by a guy I know, and whom I had assumed was more conservative.  I don't know him well and haven't seen him in years, and I told my daughters (whom I take to the polls with me as I teach them about the electoral process) that maybe I should vote for him.  I didn't, and I researched his candidacy after I got home.  I discovered that he (supposedly) believes in fiscal responsibility, 2nd amendment rights, etc.  BUT . . . and that's a big "but" . . . he supports Obama.  I have no idea how he can square his conservative positions on some big issues with his support for Obama.  I just don't get it.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 12:12:52 am »
I did very little due diligence before today's vote and almost regretted it.  Our house race featured the Republican incumbent, and until I entered the voting booth I didn't realize he was opposed by a guy I know, and whom I had assumed was more conservative.  I don't know him well and haven't seen him in years, and I told my daughters (whom I take to the polls with me as I teach them about the electoral process) that maybe I should vote for him.  I didn't, and I researched his candidacy after I got home.  I discovered that he (supposedly) believes in fiscal responsibility, 2nd amendment rights, etc.  BUT . . . and that's a big "but" . . . he supports Obama.  I have no idea how he can square his conservative positions on some big issues with his support for Obama.  I just don't get it.

some people are just impervious to cognitive dissonance.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 03:07:30 am »
This election means nothing, because the Republicans didn't run on anything. There's no long-term damage to the Democrats from Obama, but there certainly was damage for the Republicans from W.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 04:41:34 am »
This election means nothing, because the Republicans didn't run on anything. There's no long-term damage to the Democrats from Obama, but there certainly was damage for the Republicans from W.

Au contraire.  This is a HUGE repudiation of Democrat/leftist policies.  HUGE!

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 05:02:52 am »
Au contraire.  This is a HUGE repudiation of Democrat/leftist policies.  HUGE!

The Republicans won big in 2010, and Obama won reelection in 2012. The Democrats didn't do badly in the senate races in 2012. I hope it is a repudiation, but I don't think it will last long.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 05:37:25 am »
The Republicans won big in 2010, and Obama won reelection in 2012. The Democrats didn't do badly in the senate races in 2012. I hope it is a repudiation, but I don't think it will last long.

A Republican won the governor's office in friggin' MARYLAND!!!

Obama is going to have to move toward the Republicans. If he wants any legacy at all, he has to work with them. And they want to work with him, so they can stay in office in 2016.

More may get done in the next two years than we've seen  in a long time.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 05:50:36 am »

Oh look, a TROLL is upset because his hero Obama is now, quite literally, the worst President ever.   :silly:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 06:11:01 am »
You'd think that in more than a half century of interest in elections, I'd know that word, eh?   :patriot:

Nah.  Sounds like something physically intrusive and best left unknown and avoided.    :laugh:

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 06:20:33 am »

This was a MASSIVE REPUDIATION.

I have to laugh.  Good night.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 06:25:33 am by ArneFufkin »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 06:21:47 am »
Looked at TV coverage for a bit, and some of the winning GOP margins are huge !!!
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline collins

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 06:48:32 am »
I think 2006 was a repudiation of GWB, Obama's win in 2008 was a repudiation of GWB, 2010 was a repudiation of Obama, 2012 was an upholding of the status quo, and 2014 is a repudiation of Obama and the status quo, but who the hell knows for sure?

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 02:59:27 pm »
Remember when the Republicans won the midterms of 2002, and in early 2003 Trent Lott's comments were all over the news? The Republicans are going to disappoint us. The Republicans won in places like Maine in 2010, and then lost the presidency in 2012. They won, because Obama is a failed leader. I didn't see them run on issues or repealing healthcare.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 03:01:27 pm »
Remember when the Republicans won the midterms of 2002, and in early 2003 Trent Lott's comments were all over the news? The Republicans are going to disappoint us. The Republicans won in places like Maine in 2010, and then lost the presidency in 2012. They won, because Obama is a failed leader. I didn't see them run on issues or repealing healthcare.

I am convinced that Obamacare will be repealed now.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 07:40:13 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2822293/Moderate-Mitch-McConnell-says-won-t-shut-government-abolish-Obamacare-clues-Republican-Senate-leader-s-plan-emerge.html

I think I could live with repealing the individual mandate and then gradually deregulating and privatizing the exchange.  A national industry-sponsored health insurance exchange would be very helpful to health insurance consumers, and the government could get some money from this boondoggle by selling it.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 08:30:29 pm »
I think I could live with repealing the individual mandate and then gradually deregulating and privatizing the exchange.  A national industry-sponsored health insurance exchange would be very helpful to health insurance consumers, and the government could get some money from this boondoggle by selling it.

Good luck with opposition to amnesty, reducing spending, and the individual mandate being repealed under McConnell.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 09:36:17 pm »
Good luck with opposition to amnesty, reducing spending, and the individual mandate being repealed under McConnell.

I don't know about amnesty, but I am fairly certain the GOP is going to have lots and lots of courage to pass popular things knowing they will be vetoed. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 05:33:28 pm »
A Republican won the governor's office in friggin' MARYLAND!!!

Obama is going to have to move toward the Republicans. If he wants any legacy at all, he has to work with them. And they want to work with him, so they can stay in office in 2016.

More may get done in the next two years than we've seen  in a long time.

Yeah sink! What happened to all that gloom and doom you were preaching about how Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are going to KILL the republican chances in 2014 if they shut down the government?

As it turns out the voters WANT people who will fight!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 07:03:28 pm »
Yeah sink! What happened to all that gloom and doom you were preaching about how Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are going to KILL the republican chances in 2014 if they shut down the government?

As it turns out the voters WANT people who will fight!

The primary reason the GOP dominated these mid-terms is BECAUSE ObamaCare was able to roll-out, and people were able to experience what a disaster it is.  If Cruz and Lee had their way, the government would still be shut down, and the Democrats would have crushed the GOP "obstructionists."  Thank God McConnell and Boehner had the good sense to park Cruz, and Lee had the sense to give up on the publicity stunt.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 07:07:47 pm »
The primary reason the GOP dominated these mid-terms is BECAUSE ObamaCare was able to roll-out, and people were able to experience what a disaster it is.  If Cruz and Lee had their way, the government would still be shut down, and the Democrats would have crushed the GOP "obstructionists."  Thank God McConnell and Boehner had the good sense to park Cruz, and Lee had the sense to give up on the publicity stunt.

I don't see it that way at all but you are welcome to your opinions!

It is clear that the government shutdown didn't hurt the republicans at all in 2014 and in my view even helped in their efforts!  The electorate is literally BEGGING for leaders who will stand and FIGHT!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien