Author Topic: PAT CADDELL: 'HIGHER ORDERS' FROM 'OTHER MASTERS' PREVENTING GOP ESTABLISHMENT FROM RUNNING AGAINST AMNESTY  (Read 2729 times)

Offline GourmetDan

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Mine Dan, was a compliment.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline GourmetDan

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Relic

Dan, quit making everything personal.

As an unconcerned observer, I don't see it as personal. In this case, you seemed to pursue the semantics rather than the substance. I don't have a dog in this fight, that's just what I saw.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
As an unconcerned observer, I don't see it as personal. In this case, you seemed to pursue the semantics rather than the substance. I don't have a dog in this fight, that's just what I saw.

The thing is that (in this case) the semantics are the substance.

Back up a little bit on the thread and you'll see someone mentioning polls which indicate that most Americans want comprehensive immigration reform, and that post being challenged.

Well, I set about to the task of proving that the statement ("most Americans want comprehensive immigration reform") is correct. Certainly Bigun (the one who challenged the idea) wants comprehensive immigration reform.

The problem is than in answering the pollster's question of whether or not we want comprehensive immigration reform, we each answer with a separate idea of what that means.

To Bigun, his reform entails all the points he made on his post. To a progressive Democrat it means the exact opposite.

Politics is all about nuances.

So are polls.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Offline GourmetDan

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Offline GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This WAS a good thread once!

I think that time has passed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

This WAS a good thread once!

I think that time has passed!

I think it was your fault...    :silly:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think it was your fault...    :silly:

Perhaps so! But never-the-less it is currently serving no useful purpose that I can see.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Oh, I don't know, I find it rather entertaining at this point. More human drama, Less dry stats.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Luiz wrote (addressing someone else):
[[ So you DO support migration reform. ]]

Again, I'll add my thoughts.

I support NO more "migration".
No more, as in, NONE.
Zero. Zilch. Nada.

It's time to END immigration to America for the time being.
End it for relatives (and that means YOUR relatives, Luiz).
End it for H1-b's.
End it -- totally and completely.

We have enough people in America for now, and along with them, enough problems to last us for fifty years to a full century.

No more admittance to America for at least fifty years.

Total closure of the southern border, by whatever means necessary.

I know this ain't gonna happen.

But future generations (at least the white ones) will wonder:
Why did they do this to themselves, why did they permit this to happen?

"The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars, but in ourselves..."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 09:20:32 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Luiz wrote (addressing someone else):
[[ So you DO support migration reform. ]]

Again, I'll add my thoughts.

I support NO more "migration".
No more, as in, NONE.
Zero. Zilch. Nada.

It's time to END immigration to America for the time being.
End it for relatives (and that means YOUR relatives, Luiz).
End it for H1-b's.
End it -- totally and completely.

We have enough people in America for now, and along with them, enough problems to last us for fifty years to a full century.

No more admittance to America for at least fifty years.

Total closure of the southern border, by whatever means necessary.

I know this ain't gonna happen.

But future generations (at least the white ones) will wonder:
Why did they do this to themselves, why did they permit this to happen?

"The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars, but in ourselves..."

So then, you too support immigration reform.

Saying that you do not means that you what things to remain as they are.

Oceander

So then, you too support immigration reform.

Saying that you do not means that you what things to remain as they are.

A very subtle point, and one which is catching some republicans flat-footed because yes, just about everyone is in favor of immigration reform - the principal disagreements are on the substance of those reforms.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
A very subtle point, and one which is catching some republicans flat-footed because yes, just about everyone is in favor of immigration reform - the principal disagreements are on the substance of those reforms.

Exactly.