Author Topic: Liberal Author: Obama Failed Because He Was Too Centrist  (Read 263 times)

rangerrebew

Liberal Author: Obama Failed Because He Was Too Centrist
« on: November 02, 2014, 10:38:25 am »
- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Liberal Author: Obama Failed Because He Was Too Centrist

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On November 1, 2014 @ 10:08 am In The Point | 14 Comments

Non-Centrists and not Thomas Frank

Thomas Frank is mainly famous for being the author of “What’s The Matter With Kansas”. A better question might be what’s the matter with Thomas Frank. I’m not sure if this is a theory or a mental illness.

The moral of this story is not directed at Democratic politicians; it is meant for us, the liberal rank and file. We still “yearn to believe,” as Perlstein says. There is something about the Carter / Obama personality that appeals to us in a deep, unspoken way, and that has led Democrats to fall for a whole string of passionless centrists: John Kerry, Al Gore, Michael Dukakis, Gary Hart and Bill Clinton. Each time, Democratic voters are enchanted by a kind of intellectual idealism that (we are told) is unmoored from ideology. We persuade ourselves that the answer to the savagery of the right—the way to trump the naked class aggression of the One Percent—is to say farewell to our own tradition and get past politics and ideology altogether. And so we focus on the person of the well-meaning, hyper-intelligent leader. We are so high-minded, we think. We are so scientific.

We are so insane.

Okay so Obama, the champion of wealth redistribution, tranny rights, mass illegal alien amnesty and unilateral power is too centrist.

I think it’s time that “liberals” just stopped falling for all these centrists who continue to refuse to abolish Congress and rename the country the People’s Republic of Ameristan because they’re so centrist… and perform a voodoo ritual to raise Stalin from the dead.

Finally they’ll have zombie gulags and brain redistribution under the slogan, “Your body didn’t grow that” and the proper liberal leadership they’ve been hankering for.

Or maybe just Warren 2016.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/liberal-author-obama-failed-because-he-was-too-centrist/

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Liberal Author: Obama Failed Because He Was Too Centrist
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 12:03:28 pm »
I just added Thomas Frank to my 'list'.

....for when the 'flag goes up"!   :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald