Author Topic: Nurse Kaci Hickox 'Will Go to Court' Over Maine Ebola Quarantine Rule  (Read 560 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/nurse-kaci-hickox-court-maine-ebola-quarantine-rule/story?id=26535878

Nurse Kaci Hickox 'Will Go to Court' Over Maine Ebola Quarantine Rule
Oct 29, 2014, 10:10 AM ET
By KATIE KINDELAN and AARON KATERSKY

via Good Morning America

Kaci Hickox, a nurse who treated Ebolapatients and threatened to sue New Jersey over being quarantined before she was discharged, today threatened to sue Maine if officials there do not lift a 21-day quarantine restriction.

“I will go to court to attain my freedom,” Hickox told “Good Morning America" today via Skype from her hometown of Fort Kent, Maine. “I have been completely asymptomatic since I’ve been here. I feel absolutely great.”

Maine's health commissioner said Tuesday night the state will "pursue legal authority if necessary" to keep her quarantined.

Hickox, 33, arrived at Fort Kent Monday, but is not staying at her home. She was discharged from a New Jersey hospital after spending the weekend quarantined in an outdoor isolation tent at University Hospital in Newark, New Jersey.

Kaci Hickox Won't Follow Maine Ebola Quarantine Rule, Lawyer Says

Nurse in Ebola Quarantine to Sue for Freedom; Feds Push Back on State Rules

Maine Prepared to Enforce 'Voluntary' Quarantine

The Doctors Without Borders nurse was checked by officials at Newark Liberty International Airport Friday after arriving from treating Ebola patients in Sierra Leone. Hickox says she believes the temperature that officials said prompted her detainment in the hospital isolation tent was incorrect.

“I believe that the forehead scanner used to take that temperature was completely inaccurate,” Hickox said. “I didn’t take any anti-fever medicines while at the airport and when I arrived in the isolation facility they took my temperature by an oral thermometer and it was completely normal.

“You don’t get rid of a fever without taking something within a couple of hours, so I think we need to discuss also the instrumentation that officials are using,” she said.

continued...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34