Author Topic: Colt McCoy, Washington halt streaking Cowboys after Tony Romo hurt  (Read 597 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Colt McCoy, Washington halt streaking Cowboys after Tony Romo hurt

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Colt McCoy did it again. The small-town West Texas kid calmly led a winning drive at the home of the Dallas Cowboys.

McCoy's successful return to his home state trumped Tony Romo's dramatic return to the game.

McCoy directed Washington to Kai Forbath's 40-yard field goal in overtime and Dallas was unable to answer after Romo came back from an injury to his surgically repaired back, sending the Redskins to a 20-17 victory Monday night that snapped the Cowboys' six-game winning streak.

Playing in Dallas' stadium for the first time since his Texas-record 45th victory in the 2009 Big 12 championship game against Nebraska -- 13-12 on a last-play field goal -- McCoy won in his first NFL start in nearly three years after beginning the night with a career record of 6-15.

"Last-second wins, right?" McCoy said, laughing. "But I grew up as the game went on. I felt more and more comfortable, and I started seeing the defense right. We made some plays down the stretch that good teams have to make to win games."

It might be McCoy's only start if Robert Griffin III is ready to return from a dislocated ankle that has sidelined him since Week 2. The Redskins go to Minnesota on Sunday and then have their bye week.

more at:   http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554336
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Colt McCoy, Washington halt streaking Cowboys after Tony Romo hurt
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 10:57:25 am »
I didn't watch a down of it.  I get tired of the hype, the pomp, and the public service advertisements.  It's not about the game anymore - which is why I tuned-in all those years. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 11:03:02 am by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 11:04:28 am »
I didn't watch a down of it.  I get tired of the hype, the pomp, and the public service advertisements.  It's not about the game anymore - which is why I tuned-in in the beginning.

I hear you, Lando!

If it wasn't COWBOYS-REDSKINS...I wouldn't have turned it on either. 

If Game #6 of the World Series was last night, would have watched that instead.

Mentioned on another thread this morning, how women's issues has infiltrated...make that SMOTHERED the NFL and MLB.

Players wearing pink...up the wazoo...for the entire month of October, public service announcements cast by players regarding domestic violence and breast cancer awareness.

And the ridiculous commercial featuring a black girl who pitches 80 mph for her little league or school team...during the damned WORLD SERIES!

It's getting to be a 'crime' to have a penis today.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 11:24:11 am »
It is a symptom of society as a whole, I think.  We need to have breathless, sensational analysis and commentary all the time while NEVER hurting anyone's feelings (unless, of course, you are a white Christian male).
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck