Author Topic: Top Five Causes of the Civil War  (Read 13134 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Top Five Causes of the Civil War
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2014, 08:09:33 pm »
At this point in time in the history of these United States, perhaps we should begin settling on the top five causes for the upcoming Civil War.

Actually that one has been going on for some time now.  It's a cold war so far but probably won't remain so for much longer.

Here's photo evidence:

2012 Presidential election results by county.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:12:02 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2014, 09:25:47 pm »
Actually that one has been going on for some time now.  It's a cold war so far but probably won't remain so for much longer.

Here's photo evidence:

2012 Presidential election results by county.

Something's wrong with that pic.  I thought "flyover" country was all conservative and the coasts were liberal?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2014, 09:31:37 pm »
Something's wrong with that pic.  I thought "flyover" country was all conservative and the coasts were liberal?

In addition to the coasts you have the old industrialized, unionized north still a Democrat stronghold, and the Hispanic Southwest.  New Mexico is already a blue state.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2014, 09:42:30 pm »
In addition to the coasts you have the old industrialized, unionized north still a Democrat stronghold, and the Hispanic Southwest.  New Mexico is already a blue state.

You can see some Indian Reservations on that map too.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2014, 09:58:47 pm »
Same thing is true on a more macro level  Check out Illinois' gubernatorial map of 2010.  Quinn carried 4 counties out of 101 - and he won the election.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2014, 12:34:32 am »

I also see a swath through Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina.  Minnesota too.
It's too simple a formula.  It's waiting to be plucked with the right message.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:35:30 am by olde north church »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2014, 01:00:39 am »
I also see a swath through Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina.  Minnesota too.
It's too simple a formula.  It's waiting to be plucked with the right message.

Yes! Population centers along the Mississippi river.  The next time it's not going to be the North vs South. It's going to be Urban vs Suburbs and Rural!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2014, 01:06:57 am »
Yes! Population centers along the Mississippi river.  The next time it's not going to be the North vs South. It's going to be Urban vs Suburbs and Rural!

I got a feeling, for good or for bad, we will have been born in our uniform.  Unfortunately, we will lose some really great people and have some really nasty ones forced upon us.