Author Topic: 'I'm angry he's getting trashed!' Family leap to the defense of New York Ebola doctor - who spent DAYS roaming the city and even went out when he was contagious with symptoms of virus  (Read 641 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2806812/Can-reprieve-non-stop-heartbreak-Sister-NYC-Ebola-victim-reveals-second-tragedy-hit-family-months.html

EXCLUSIVE - 'I'm angry he's getting trashed!' Family leap to the defense of New York Ebola doctor - who spent DAYS roaming the city and even went out when he was contagious with symptoms of virus

Dr Craig Spencer, 33, is undergoing treatment for Ebola at Bellevue Hospital in New York after Thursday's diagnosis
    His uncle Arnie Spencer told MailOnline on Friday from his Michigan home: 'I'm angry that he is getting trashed'
    Spencer's sister, 31-year-old Andrea Spencer, wrote on Facebook that their mother is battling stage 5 kidney failure
    Craig's older brother, Christopher, asked his friends to pray for his sibling
    The Doctors Without Borders humanitarian grew up in Grosse Pointe, Michigan 

By Martin Gould In Royal Oak, Michigan and Snejana Farberov for MailOnline

Published: 11:51 EST, 24 October 2014 | Updated: 16:19 EST, 24 October 2014

The family of New York Ebola victim Dr Craig Spencer came to his defense on Friday after he was criticized for failing to quarantine himself on his return from West Africa.

'As far as I'm concerned he did nothing wrong,' his uncle, Arnie Spencer told MailOnline. 'I'm angry that he is getting trashed.'

Dr Spencer, 33, has been slammed for going bowling in Brooklyn, taking subways and a taxi, walking on Manhattan's High Line and going to restaurants even though he was feeling sluggish - around a week after arriving back in the U.S. from Guinea where he treated Ebola patients.

Arnie Spencer said that his nephew's detractors are being unfair.

'I don't like what's being said at all,' he said at his home in Royal Oak, Michigan.

Trio: Craig Spencer, pictured center, and his brother Christopher, left, who are only a few years apart, grew up in the middle-class Detroit suburb of Grosse Pointe

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
He's a doctor, he should have known better.  Every bit of "trashing" he is getting is deserved.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton