Author Topic: MARK CUBAN: Here's What Republicans Should Do Next  (Read 9365 times)

SPQR

Re: MARK CUBAN: Here's What Republicans Should Do Next
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2014, 11:04:10 pm »
On another thread I was arguing that social conservatives in general tended not to be single issue voters.  Perhaps I was mistaken...

*hmmmm*

If you going to be a conservative be one with a big "C" not a small ones. Do not pick and choose the issues you like

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2014, 11:06:43 pm »
This board is becoming liberal and liberal everyday. Its losing its original mission. Social issues and being a conservative goes hand in hand. I have already voted and I voted for the Republican Candidate for Governor.
The site name is "GOP" Briefing Room, not "extreme conservative only" briefing room.

This board was originally formed for wide ranging intelligent discussion, in place of "one size only" Fresno based sites.

It has generally been just that. Your complaint it is turning away from "original mission" sounds plain ill-informed. One of the early favorites of the site was Rudolph William Louis "Rudy" Giuliani, get it?

If you just need an echo chamber, I can recommend some.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

SPQR

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2014, 11:08:42 pm »
The site name is "GOP" Briefing Room, not "extreme conservative only" briefing room.

This board was originally formed for wide ranging intelligent discussion, in place of "one size only" Fresno based sites.

It has generally been just that. Your complaint it is turning away from "original mission" sounds plain ill-informed. One of the early favorites of the site was Rudolph William Louis "Rudy" Giuliani, get it?

If you just need an echo chamber, I can recommend some.

All the arguements are tilted to the left.But the one size fits all has become uniform, to the left. But are we having discussion about the direction of this site?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:11:06 pm by Trigger »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2014, 11:10:21 pm »
If you going to be a conservative be one with a big "C" not a small ones. Do not pick and choose the issues you like

As defined by you, I presume. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

SPQR

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2014, 11:11:34 pm »

SPQR

« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2014, 11:13:57 pm »
All the arguements are tilted to the left.But the one size fits all has become uniform, to the left. But are we having discussion about the direction of this site?

The question whether the site what going to tilt to Liberal Republicans or Conservative Republicans was bound to come up in one way or another. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:16:51 pm by Trigger »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2014, 11:21:47 pm »
This board is becoming liberal and liberal everyday. It does have to do with the Mark Cuban comment because many previous comments has the liberal taint to it. We are losing its original mission here. Social issues and being a conservative goes hand in hand. I have already voted and I voted for the Republican Candidate for Governor.

I'm not liberal in any manner.

What I see here is that we're living in Sodom and Gomorrah and some posters think it's Jerusalem.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

SPQR

« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2014, 11:25:30 pm »

What I see here is that we're living in Sodom and Gomorrah and some posters think it's Jerusalem.

We need a clean up of Liberals that festered on this site. Its gone on too long.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2014, 11:28:31 pm »

Well just Damn.  Fortunately there are those here who can tell me exactly what to think! 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline speekinout

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2014, 11:31:21 pm »
I am questioning two of your hypotheses.  I continue to believe that social conservatives for the most part embrace other issues including fiscal and defense.  Social conservatives are not all evangelicals, many of whom may well have a litmus test for voting.  And I don't see the 4 million missing votes being all from these evangelicals.  Obama lost 7 million votes from his 2008, while winning the Catholic vote.  And 6 million self-described evangelicals voted for Obama (Joel Rosenberg).  The same report shows a greater percentage of Protestant Christians voted for Romney than for McCain in '08.  Romney's term as governor of Massachusetts left a lot of people questioning his conservatism, not just for gay marriage.

Social conservatives don't seem to be worried about fiscal issues or defense. They have litmus tests for their issues. I would say that not all evangelicals are social conservatives; nor are all social conservatives evangelicals. Those are different issues. Catholics seem to have decided that gov't is the agent for charity. They vote dim because that is the party that has taken over the Catholic responsibility for charitable acts. (I am Catholic, but I disagree with many of them about how to fulfill our obligations to perform charitable deeds. I think those are individual responsibilities, and relegating that duty to gov't agencies is not righteous.)
The people who look for gov't to dispense charity are not exactly the same as the ones who want gov't to enforce rules about gay marriage or abortion. The two groups may overlap, but they're not exactly the same people.

I agree.  By and large, Obama won through a campaign of spreading fear of Republicans through various demographic groups, and Romney simply couldn't respond effectively.  Expect it again in '16.  One thing potential candidates need to stay away from is signing pledges.  Another is to recognize that during the primaries they will be inundated with demands from those single issue voters.  Don't let themselves be painted into a corner and understand how the MSM will spin it.  But above all, stay away from the circular firing squad of 2012!

About single issue voters - I don't really think there is any way to make them happy, except with really fortuitous circumstances. One prime example of how single issue campaigning can't work is what happened in W's first term. He took office in Jan., and IIRC, he had a domestic agenda. But on 9/11, that all changed. Would any of us have wanted him to stick to a single campaign issue instead of doing the best he could to respond to that horror?
I'll always vote for general competence over specific issue promises, because I just don't think we can know what the future will bring.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2014, 11:32:24 pm »
Although the owners of TBR are ultra conservative, Tracy and I welcome all the factions of the GOP here...liberals....there are none here that I know of....over the years I have occasionally allowed a few liberals here but they haven't lasted long....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2014, 11:35:32 pm »

JMO (remember, worth every penny that you pay for it!!): "Desperate times call for desperate measures" seems to be the cause of a lot of what we have been seeing go on for several years now.  It is my opinion, that things are so *&%&$#! bad in this country now, that a lot of folks just want to see the current regime STOPPED no matter how it is done.  So, along those lines, you can expect a lot of former "principles" to fall by the wayside.  Some label it as the triumph of Pragmatism over Principle.  YMMV   

SPQR

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2014, 11:37:51 pm »
Although the owners of TBR are ultra conservative....

I am glad  that you are a ultra conservative and I salute you. I hope other people follow your example. The Republican Party should be flawless like a pearl with no imperfections.

Rather I should other posters follow your example.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:45:19 pm by Trigger »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2014, 11:46:28 pm »
The Republican Party should be flawless like a pearl.

That has never happened and never will....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

SPQR

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2014, 12:02:02 am »
That has never happened and never will....

I guess you are correct. But we can always strive for it.

Offline Carling

« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2014, 12:02:42 am »
So only social conservatives need post?   :thud:

There is a board for social conservatives who are actively rooting for the "GOPe" to fail in their races these mid-terms.  It's call FreeRepublic.  Although donations look low there, so I suppose JimRob will author another one of his famous 180s, and say people should vote for "RINOs," in order to keep his money train a rollin'.   :whistle:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

SPQR

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2014, 12:07:08 am »
I guess you are correct. But we can always strive for it.

I am glad the owners(Mystery) of this board are ultra-conservatives and making themselves known.They probably reflect my values.

:amen: :amen: :amen:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:27:57 am by Trigger »

Offline Carling

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2014, 12:08:11 am »

In my world, being a Conservative, instead of a conservative, means not wanting the federal government to legislate my morality on others. 

The gays want federal laws forcing their morality on everyone.
The anti-gays want federal laws forcing their morality on everyone.
I'll let God decide how people live their lives when their time here is up, not my government.  As long as someone isn't committing crimes on individuals without their consent (rape), or without the cognitive skills to give consent (pedophilia and statutory rape), it's none of my business, other than to teach my kids how to become productive citizens when they leave our nest.

I think both sides are the same, other than their polar-opposite views on homosexuality, and they don't even know it. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:12:41 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

SPQR

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2014, 12:33:07 am »
Although the owners of TBR are ultra conservative, Tracy and I welcome all the factions of the GOP here...liberals....there are none here that I know of....over the years I have occasionally allowed a few liberals here but they haven't lasted long....

Mystery needs to check who is posting and their tilt.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2014, 12:39:23 am »

That's bullshit!

Trigger, WTH is wrong with you?   :chairbang:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2014, 12:40:57 am »

:terror:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2014, 12:45:15 am »
                                                                        :terror:

:laugh:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2014, 12:49:46 am »
 *look*
Support the USO

SPQR

« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2014, 12:50:02 am »
That's bullshit!

Trigger, WTH is wrong with you?   :chairbang:

Very Good use of Colorful Metaphors. I was expecting a man with your education to pick better words.

SPQR