Author Topic: Krauthammer’s Take: Dems’ Midterm Strategy Is ‘Total Humiliation for Obama. . . and He Can’t Take It’  (Read 1775 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/390859/krauthammers-take-dems-midterm-strategy-total-humiliation-obama-and-he-cant-take-it

Krauthammer’s Take: Dems’ Midterm Strategy Is ‘Total Humiliation for Obama. . . and He Can’t Take It’
By NRO Staff
October 21, 2014 7:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG-QPLvjL0g

Democratic candidates want nothing to do with President Obama, and, says Charles Krauthammer, “he can’t take it.”

“This is a guy who six years ago had a worship service at a Denver stadium, being cheered by people while he was behind Greek columns. A few weeks earlier, he had been the hero of 200,000 Germans in Berlin,” Krauthammer observed on Special Report. “Here was a man, as Rich Lowry said earlier, bestriding the world. He was a citizen of the world, the most interesting, most sought-after political rock star on the planet. And now he’s got to hide under his desk until November.”

Statements like the president’s yesterday “pop out” because “this is a total humiliation for him and every once in a while he can’t take it.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

The narcissist child has never been able to take criticism.  This is just bigger and more obvious now that he has fallen from his pedestal and his idolaters have turned their backs on him.

But I don't feel any sympathy.  None at all.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The narcissist child has never been able to take criticism.  This is just bigger and more obvious now that he has fallen from his pedestal and his idolaters have turned their backs on him.

But I don't feel any sympathy.  None at all.

Yes, musiclady.  No matter how painful to have to watch - we're at the place where we need to see this played out.  America needs to see what happens when you elect style over substance.  The next two years are not going to be pretty to watch.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

"Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.  The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool.  It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President."

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Relic

Yes, musiclady.  No matter how painful to have to watch - we're at the place where we need to see this played out.  America needs to see what happens when you elect style over substance.  The next two years are not going to be pretty to watch.

America will learn nothing. Democrats, including the media, will chalk this up to an explicable failure by Obama. Obama was everything they dreamed of, and somehow, he still failed. Obama should have succeeded, so, the only explanation is that Republicans obstructed and sabotaged Obama. Those Democrats are recalibrating, and are now, "Ready for Hillary." Sadly, they will be joined by a good number of otherwise conservative women who will vote for Hillary because it's time for a woman.

Offline alicewonders

America will learn nothing. Democrats, including the media, will chalk this up to an explicable failure by Obama. Obama was everything they dreamed of, and somehow, he still failed. Obama should have succeeded, so, the only explanation is that Republicans obstructed and sabotaged Obama. Those Democrats are recalibrating, and are now, "Ready for Hillary." Sadly, they will be joined by a good number of otherwise conservative women who will vote for Hillary because it's time for a woman.

That strategy has been working for them.  I'm a little concerned about these polls - tightening up a few weeks before election.  This is how they did in 2012. 

Offline GourmetDan

That strategy has been working for them.  I'm a little concerned about these polls - tightening up a few weeks before election.  This is how they did in 2012.

The polls are probably fixed so that the electorate will accept the fraudulent vote 'count'.  We've recently seen articles about vote-fraud already happening.  Those are just the ones someone happened to both discover the crime and get it out to the internet.  The Demonrats must be getting confident that they have fixed enough races to start releasing fraudulent polls.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:28:31 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

If after the November election Hillary emerges a strong front runner, I think it will behoove us to groom one of our own estrogen warriors. If they want to play the genitalia card, I say bring out our best and brightest dos equis chromosomes and give the 'rats both barrels.

Offline Relic

If after the November election Hillary emerges a strong front runner, I think it will behoove us to groom one of our own estrogen warriors. If they want to play the genitalia card, I say bring out our best and brightest dos equis chromosomes and give the 'rats both barrels.

The only way for the Republicans to have a chance in 2016 is to nominate a female candidate. It would be just enough to confuse a lot of women voters, something the "war on women" proved is easily accomplished.

Offline aligncare

The only way for the Republicans to have a chance in 2016 is to nominate a female candidate. It would be just enough to confuse a lot of women voters, something the "war on women" proved is easily accomplished.

Ouch! I'm sure there's a complement to the fairer sex somewhere in there.

Offline musiclady

If there is, it's not a very big one!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

If there is, it's not a very big one!

Well, he did acknowledge that a woman could be president. I give him that.

Offline xfreeper

Why have any sympathy at all for someone that has done so much damage to the country and the world?

Offline Relic

I'm simply going by observation. If I am in error, please correct me, and I'll apologize.

Obviously, it's a generalization. Generalizations can be proven wrong in specific cases, but if women didn't do a lot to keep Obama in office, I'd like to know that I'm in error on this.

Offline aligncare

I'm simply going by observation. If I am in error, please correct me, and I'll apologize.

Obviously, it's a generalization. Generalizations can be proven wrong in specific cases, but if women didn't do a lot to keep Obama in office, I'd like to know that I'm in error on this.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you were wrong, just noting how umm, straightforward you were in characterizing some women as easily confused by political rhetoric. Gutsy, considering the strong women who regularly post here.

Offline Relic

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you were wrong, just noting how umm, straightforward you were in characterizing some women as easily confused by political rhetoric. Gutsy, considering the strong women who regularly post here.

We want our politicians to be straightforward. We complain of political correctness corrupting the culture. If we don't have the guts to post on a forum, in a somewhat anonymous fashion, what we feel are fair observations, we have no room to complain.

I love women. I recognize the complementary partnership that is a marriage. But, to ignore women are, in general, emotional beings is either dishonest, or stupid.

Offline GourmetDan

We want our politicians to be straightforward. We complain of political correctness corrupting the culture. If we don't have the guts to post on a forum, in a somewhat anonymous fashion, what we feel are fair observations, we have no room to complain.

I love women. I recognize the complementary partnership that is a marriage. But, to ignore women are, in general, emotional beings is either dishonest, or stupid.

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” ― George Orwell, Animal Farm

Offline aligncare

I completely understand your point of view. I'm a big fan of Leave It To Beaver myself, mostly for its innocence and for its unapologetic portrayal of gender roles accepted as normal in the early 60s. The roles that feminism so successfully attacked later in the decade.

Offline Relic

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” ― George Orwell, Animal Farm

Not a case of equality, or some contrived version of equality. It's simply reality.

In my toolbox, I have a crescent wrench, and a screw driver, among other things. Both are tools. Both incredibly useful. If you give me a crescent wrench when I need the screw driver, you'll make me unhappy, and the job won't get done.

Offline musiclady

No attempt to hijack the thread, but rather to participate in the conversation (as a woman).

Yes.  Women, in general, tend to be emotional.  But I'll posit the theory that men are as well...... only in different ways.  (I was raised by a father who was far, far, far more emotional than my mother was, and they were very traditional in their gender roles...... just one example of many any of us could give).

In addition, some of the most emotionally out-of-control 'anonymous' people I've ever encountered on political forums have been men.

I would also venture to say that conservative women tend to be more cerebral than emotional, and that liberals of both genders tend to be far more emotional than conservative women.

That's perhaps why it's not really a discussion of what's PC that's involved here, but rather a question of whether such generalizations are valuable.

Offline musiclady

I completely understand your point of view. I'm a big fan of Leave It To Beaver myself, mostly for its innocence and for its unapologetic portrayal of gender roles accepted as normal in the early 60s. The roles that feminism so successfully attacked later in the decade.

Again.....my two cents here......

What I believe you're talking about is politically motivated leftist feminism, and not a genuine attempt to equalize the inequities (particularly in careers) which existed in the Leave it to Beaver world.

Offline alicewonders

I may take heat for this, but I don't want a woman president!  That would be a turn-off for me because I don't know of a woman right now that is qualified to be the president of the US - especially in these dire times.  Any woman candidate is skating on her gender - just like Obama did with his skin color - I want someone who has a proven track record in governing.  I would be insulted if they pick a woman right now.

Offline Relic

No attempt to hijack the thread, but rather to participate in the conversation (as a woman).

Yes.  Women, in general, tend to be emotional.  But I'll posit the theory that men are as well...... only in different ways.  (I was raised by a father who was far, far, far more emotional than my mother was, and they were very traditional in their gender roles...... just one example of many any of us could give).

In addition, some of the most emotionally out-of-control 'anonymous' people I've ever encountered on political forums have been men.

I would also venture to say that conservative women tend to be more cerebral than emotional, and that liberals of both genders tend to be far more emotional than conservative women.

That's perhaps why it's not really a discussion of what's PC that's involved here, but rather a question of whether such generalizations are valuable.

I heard this a long time ago, and I like it. A description of gender characteristics that is close to my view of things.

In the case of a fire in the home, the man thinks "Must get out, must get out, must get out" and is great at finding the way to safety. The woman thinks "Get the kids, get the pets, get the important papers". And is great at assembling the important things to save. Both are critical, but they aren't the same.

Now, as to my characterization of women as emotional, I stand by it, but I don't see it as a negative. It is simply reality. Yes, there are emotional men, and yes, there are stoic women. And because women are emotional, doesn't mean that women aren't capable. One of the best directors of my department was a woman. However, I work with women as coworkers, and I'll tell you, they are challenging in the work environment.

A woman can be president. Currently, we have woman voters who will cross party lines to vote for a woman. So, nominate a woman, fite Democrat fire with fire.

Offline IZZY ANN

In my toolbox, I have a crescent wrench, and a screw driver, among other things. Both are tools. Both incredibly useful. If you give me a crescent wrench when I need the screw driver, you'll make me unhappy, and the job won't get done.

There are plenty of women that will give you the screw driver you are asking for. And, I bet the whole episode might make YOU very emotional when SHE gets the job done !!!!!!

"Relic" it is !!

Offline Lando Lincoln

Krauthammer's observation is correct - but I will never feel sympathy for that ba$tard in the White House.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck