Author Topic: Pew study finds Rush Limbaugh least trustworthy news source  (Read 824 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pew study finds Rush Limbaugh least trustworthy news source
« on: October 21, 2014, 06:27:40 pm »
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2014/oct/21/pew-study-finds-rush-limbaugh-least-trustworthy-ne/

Pew study finds Rush Limbaugh least trustworthy news source

By Aaron Sharockman on Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 at 12:08 p.m.

A new survey from Pew Research finds that Rush Limbaugh is America’s least-trusted news source. And who does America trust most?

CNN.

Thirty-nine percent of respondents to the Pew poll say they don’t trust Limbaugh, a bombastic conservative radio voice. Fox News follows closely with 37 percent saying they don’t trust the network. Glenn Beck ranks third, with 24 percent of respondents saying they distrust Beck.

The Pew survey was conducted March 19-April 29.

The five major news networks top the trust spectrum, with 54 percent of respondents saying they trust CNN, 50 percent saying they trust ABC and NBC, 46 percent saying they trust CBS and 44 percent saying they trust Fox News.

Forty-four percent of respondents say they get their news from CNN.

PunditFact is tracking the accuracy of claims made on the five major networks using our network scorecards. By that measure, 61 percent of the claims fact-checked on Fox News have been rated Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire, the most among any of the major networks.

As for the rest:

• 45 percent of the claims made on NBC and MSNBC rate Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire;
• 38 percent of the claims made on CBS rate Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire;
• 36 percent of the claims made on ABC rate Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire;
• 22 percent of the claims made on CNN rate Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire.

For the record, 82 percent of the claims we've checked from Limbaugh have been rated Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire.

More from the Pew survery:

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Pew study finds Rush Limbaugh least trustworthy news source
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:32:34 pm »
I got one for you, Pew. I don't trust this poll. How do you like them apples.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:44:32 pm »
I got one for you, Pew. I don't trust this poll. How do you like them apples.

"Pew" is a perfect name for this 'company'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 06:54:22 pm »
 :thud:  Sure I trust this PEW as much as I trust my dear leader Ebomadeathcare.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:56:24 pm »
"Pew" is a perfect name for this 'company'.
just like Pepe Le Pew......

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 07:39:29 pm »
The headline is misleading and says something different from the first line of the article.  There is a huge difference between "trustworthy" and "trusted".  Lots of people put their trust in people, things, and principles which aren't trustworthy.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 08:24:23 pm »
Yet only 8% of people actually got their news from Limbaugh, which of course means the poll respondents are deliberately trying to drive his numbers down.

Which, of course, brings me to my next point: looking at pure distrust numbers is pretty shady compared to positive-negative differential, the standard for most approval ratings.

Limbaugh may be at a negative, but guess who else is? Jon Stewart (-2), Stephen Colbert (-1), BuzzFeed (-6), and Ed Schultz (-2)-- all liberal darlings with much lower awareness ratings. In fact, none of the individuals on the list have more positives than negatives. Yet most of the "organizations" (except, not surprisingly, al-Jazeera), especially the long-established ones, have sky high positives. Even Fox News is +7, and Breitbart a +1.

That's something to keep in mind when one realizes what we, as conservatives, are up against. If one is to build a reputable news outlet to combat that of the left's media tentacles, do not build it around the personality of one person.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 08:39:11 pm »
Who tunes in Limbaugh to hear the news? This makes no sense whatsoever.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 08:41:47 pm »
Which, of course, brings me to my next point: looking at pure distrust numbers is pretty shady compared to positive-negative differential, the standard for most approval ratings.

It's like Ohaha always making claims like, "15 million jobs were created during my administration" or "10 million people got insurance through Obamacare!"  He fails to note 20 million people lost their jobs and 20 million had their insurance cancelled because of Ohahacare.

My analogy:  It's like saying, "Hey, the Dodgers got 9 runs last night!" without mentioning the other team got 11.  And the dopey LIVs fall for it.  Every.  Time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 08:42:57 pm »

People who tune in to Jon Stewart and Bill Maher for their news assume we do.  Nothing has to make sense to that bunch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 09:35:19 pm »
Someone should tell the LIVs never to eat dill pickles because 100% of the people who did during the Civil War are dead. :whistle:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 10:21:01 pm »

Exactly. The numbers are all over the map. Frankly, it's hard to find much significance in any of these findings — which tells me this is simply a headliner hit piece on Limbaugh.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 10:50:04 pm »
Exactly. The numbers are all over the map. Frankly, it's hard to find much significance in any of these findings — which tells me this is simply a headliner hit piece on Limbaugh.

Of course it is. The data is nonsense. The numbers are nonsense. The premise is nonsense. The whole thing is nonsense.

This is just a way for Pew to ingrain their bona fides as confirmed good little Leftist drones by screaming, 'We hate Rush Limbaugh!", as loud as they can.

Whatever trust or credibility, if any, there ever was in Pew is now certainly erased. They are not researchers. They are merely Left wing propagandists for the cause, for the agenda. They are down with 'the mission'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.