Author Topic: Biden's Son Keeps Law License Despite Drug-Related Navy Reserve Discharge  (Read 698 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/19/Vice-President-s-Son-Won-t-Lose-Law-License-Despite-Cocaine-Charges

by Warner Todd Huston 19 Oct 2014

Despite being cashiered out of the Navy Reserve for testing positive for cocaine, Vice President Joe Biden's son is still being allowed to practice law and won't lose his Connecticut law license.

Late last week the Wall Street Journal reported that in February of this year Hunter Biden, 44, tested positive for cocaine during a drug test administered by the Navy and was immediately discharged from the Navy Reserve.

Days later the Connecticut Bar announced that it was not initiating any reviews of the younger Biden's law license.

Lawyers in Connecticut face an automatic review of their licenses when they have been convicted of a crime, but Biden's dismissal from the Navy for cocaine, the Bar Association said, did not rise to that threshold.

"At this point, I'm not aware that Mr. Biden has been arrested for anything, and certainly not convicted," said Michael P. Bowler, Connecticut's Statewide Bar Counselor.

The VP's son had joined the Navy Reserves in 2012 as a candidate for the Direct Commission Officer Program. By May of 2014 he was assigned to the Navy Public Supports Element East in Norfolk, Virginia but lost his commission after the drug test.

Biden was given two waivers to be allowed into the Navy Reserves in the first place. One because he was already in his forties when he wanted to join the Reserves, and a second because he was arrested on drug charges when he was younger.

Hunter Biden is the managing director at Rosemont Seneca Technology Partners and is also a former lobbyist. He also joined the board of Ukraine's largest private oil and gas producer last May.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Makes sense to me.

Lawyers and all...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Makes sense to me.

Lawyers and all...

Throw 'em all to the bottom of the sea.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I don't have a problem at all, with Hunter Biden being allowed to retain his law license.

As the article said, he wasn't arrested, tried and/or convicted of a crime in a civil law court.

Change the law if destroying his livelihood is the objective.  [/s]
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

Of course, Hunter Biden is the same guy who took a job as head of legal affairs at the Ukraine's largest private gas company, Burisma Holdings Ltd, earlier this year.

It pays to be a Biden...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Of course, Hunter Biden is the same guy who took a job as head of legal affairs at the Ukraine's largest private gas company, Burisma Holdings Ltd, earlier this year.

It pays to be a Biden...

Like father, like son.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!