Author Topic: Neil Young: Al Qaeda More Moral Than US Army Because of Smaller Carbon Footprint  (Read 603 times)

rangerrebew

- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Neil Young: Al Qaeda More Moral Than US Army Because of Smaller Carbon Footprint

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On October 16, 2014 @ 4:07 pm In The Point | 35 Comments

If only the Nazis had pursued a smaller carbon footprint, Neil Young would have joined the party. He had to settle for joining the Green Nazis.

In an interview with radio shock-jock Howard Stern, Canadian rocker Neil Young suggested a fight against the Islamic State (ISIS) is not worth the release of greenhouse gases from military vehicles.

“And yet we are fighting what? ISIS…al-Qaeda. And we are fighting these wars against these organizations and their carbon footprint has got to be like 1% of our huge army and our navy and all of this stuff that have with all our big machines. We’re doing more damage to the earth with our wars.”

Young doesn’t appear to be particularly interested in the genocide ISIS is committing. But when you’ve decided that the real problem is that the sky is falling, why waste your concern on a few thousand people being beheaded, butchered and raped.

Speaking of the release of gases, Neil Young appears to be on a tour going from California to Iceland to Liverpool, Monte Carlo and then back to Philly. (He did however cancel his stop in Tel Aviv.)

I wonder what the carbon footprint of an international music tour for a celebrity looks like compared to say… Al Qaeda.

While Neil Young spoke to a Calgary news conference at the Jack Singer Concert Hall prior to his Sunday night show, five rock star-style motorhomes were left running outside, spewing fumes into the Calgary air, even though they were mostly unoccupied.

Inside the concert hall, the 68-year-old rock ‘n’ roll legend was talking about the “elephant in the room,” which he later explained was man-made global warming. The only elephant I could see was his enormous carbon footprint and his even bigger hypocrisy between his walk and his talk.

But Neil Young’s Carbon Jihad gets even better…

I knocked on the doors of all of the buses, rented or leased from Florida Coach Luxury Design and Leasing, and only one was opened by a young man who introduced himself as a cook. The chef explained that the motorhomes, must be kept running to run the equipment aboard.

Maybe it’s time for Neil Young to walk the walk and join Al Qaeda for its smaller carbon footprint.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/neil-young-al-qaeda-more-moral-than-us-army-because-of-smaller-carbon-footprint/

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
STFU and sing.  :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Nah. Seeing him come unhinged is entertaining in itself! Besides, I've heard “After the Gold Rush.”
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline PzLdr

He can write. He can play. But Neil Young has NEVER been able to sing [unless you call fingernails scraping a blackboard singing].
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
He can write. He can play. But Neil Young has NEVER been able to sing [unless you call fingernails scraping a blackboard singing].

LOL!  Neil Young and Bob Dylan are the two singers that I can cheerfully sing along with - because I can't sing either!

But still, it sounds good to me!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
To be fair, Neil never was a particularly bright bulb...and he has smoked A LOTof dope.

There's just not that much left for him to work with...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

rangerrebew

LOL!  Neil Young and Bob Dylan are the two singers that I can cheerfully sing along with - because I can't sing either!

But still, it sounds good to me!

I understand when they sing together any elephant nearby will try to have sex with them because it thinks it is the female elephant mating cry. :whistle:

Offline aligncare

A fan once asked Bob Dylan, the 60s folk-poet laureate about a particular song of his. The fan wanted to know the deeper philosophical meaning contained in the words of the song. Dylan, without skipping a beat, answered, there was no more deeper significance than that the words rhymed. Heavy, man, heavy.