Author Topic: Fury: The Movie....is a MUST SEE...Not to be Missed!  (Read 1524 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:34:04 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: Fury: The Movie....is a MUST SEE...Not to be Missed!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 01:35:37 am »
Just returned from seeing this incredible movie.

So good, I was tempted to buy another ticket and watch it again.   My heart is racing.  You experience the who gamut of emotions.

It will stay with you FOREVER!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 01:38:16 am »
Great!  How were the special effects?  Some that I saw looked like 4th of July sparklers.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 01:40:16 am »
Mrs. Lando's uncle was killed in Belgium in January, 1945 as part of the 1st Armor Division.  We visit and decorate his grave in the UP of Michigan every Memorial Day. 
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 01:45:02 am »
Great!  How were the special effects?  Some that I saw looked like 4th of July sparklers.

I believe you're referring to the phosphate shells used in certain situations.  They were definitely the exception rather than the rule...showing close-in tank combat.

If Brad Pitt doesn't win a nomination for Best Actor...I know nothing about cinema and what makes a good story.

Cannot dwell too much on the story/plot...without robbing one of an experience of a lifetime.

Not since Private Ryan, have I been touched.   I sobbed...hell, I cried.

Can't wait until you and others here in the forum have seen it so that we can discuss it.

Will say one thing.   It shows clearly why soldiers who have been in combat return never the same.

The supporting cast is excellent to the extreme.

:howlin: :howlin:

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:45:41 am by DCPatriot »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 01:47:30 am »
Just returned from seeing this incredible movie.

So good, I was tempted to buy another ticket and watch it again.   My heart is racing.  You experience the who gamut of emotions.

It will stay with you FOREVER!

It's really that good DC?  We may go to the movie theatre 3 or 4 times a year, but I like war movies and I generally like Brad Pitt's movies.  Maybe we'll go see it. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 01:48:25 am »
Can't wait to see it. 
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 01:58:13 am »
Mrs. Lando's uncle was killed in Belgium in January, 1945 as part of the 1st Armor Division.  We visit and decorate his grave in the UP of Michigan every Memorial Day.

Lando....she will be moved.  Be sure to hug her tight afterward.

I went to see it with Adam.  Adam, who gets emotional at Disney movies.

We just looked at each other through teary eyes afterward, and had to laugh to snap us back to reality.

If the movie doesn't move you....check your pulse.  You're dead.  LOL!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 02:00:22 am »
It's really that good DC?  We may go to the movie theatre 3 or 4 times a year, but I like war movies and I generally like Brad Pitt's movies.  Maybe we'll go see it.

Run...don't walk, AW!

Just watched a video review...which I won't post here because IMO, it contains spoilers that will rob you of the experience.

You need to go cold turkey so to speak.

Didn't realize the movie only covers ONE DAY....Wow!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 02:02:20 am »
Can't wait to see it.

The movie wasn't that full at 6:45pm. 

At the end....not one person got up and left.  Some applauded, but mostly everybody sat stunned.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 02:03:20 am »
Thanks for the recommendation
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 02:04:16 am »

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 03:31:42 pm »
Saw it last night. Obviously, I didn't see the same movie. Pluses, the special effects were outstanding. The weaponry was great [I especially liked Pitt's StG 44 [couldn't understand the revolver] and correct for the period. I would have paid twice just to see the Tiger [only remaining Tiger I in service]. The film gave an EXCELLENT idea of the close confines of a tank, and the technical aspects of fighting a track

Minuses: The Americans were [largely] treated as a bunch of drunken thugs. They murdered a prisoner [ Yeah, that actually happened, historically, but this was a little much]. The tank tactics [especially the Tiger's] were BS. And the combat with the SS troops at the end was a joke. 

Worth seeing? Yeah. Greatest movie since 'Ryan' [which, except for the first 20 minutes wasn't that great, IMO] Not even close.   
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 05:43:37 pm »
Saw it last night. Obviously, I didn't see the same movie. Pluses, the special effects were outstanding. The weaponry was great [I especially liked Pitt's StG 44 [couldn't understand the revolver] and correct for the period. I would have paid twice just to see the Tiger [only remaining Tiger I in service]. The film gave an EXCELLENT idea of the close confines of a tank, and the technical aspects of fighting a track

Minuses: The Americans were [largely] treated as a bunch of drunken thugs. They murdered a prisoner [ Yeah, that actually happened, historically, but this was a little much]. The tank tactics [especially the Tiger's] were BS. And the combat with the SS troops at the end was a joke. 

Worth seeing? Yeah. Greatest movie since 'Ryan' [which, except for the first 20 minutes wasn't that great, IMO] Not even close.

Gee...here comes an opinion from somebody who, according to your avatar, has firsthand experience in tanks.  And your complaint was that it portrayed men who were in them during WWII were drunks.  And the final fight scene was in your words, bullshit.

And THAT ruined the movie for you?

Jesus H. Christ.  Gimme a break. 

I didn't read or hear anything about the movie or the plot before entering the theater.  IMO, that gave me a distinct advantage over somebody like you....who pans or finds fault with some technicalities of the film based upon your experience of warfare with live ammo inside a metal box.

Those "drunks" were totally outclassed by the Panzers, yet met them head-on despite the shortcomings.

It was one of the most gripping movies and stories I've watched in years.  Sorry you didn't see it the same way.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 06:40:57 pm »
I got scared, DC. The YouTube link starts with the trailer for a different movie. I wasn't paying attention and thought it was Fury. The entire time, I'm shaking my head saying to myself, "no way I'm going to this movie."

Now, Fury, that's a different matter. Wow!

From the trailer, Brad Pitt's character seemed slightly derivative of Vic Morrow from the 60s TV action-drama, Combat.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 10:15:36 pm »
I got scared, DC. The YouTube link starts with the trailer for a different movie. I wasn't paying attention and thought it was Fury. The entire time, I'm shaking my head saying to myself, "no way I'm going to this movie."

Now, Fury, that's a different matter. Wow!

From the trailer, Brad Pitt's character seemed slightly derivative of Vic Morrow from the 60s TV action-drama, Combat.

Sal....I want to be careful, because PzLdr sort of peed in the punchbowl.   

Of course, you'd expect somebody that spent years in and around tanks while serving would critique the film differently than us lay people.

Brad Pitt is quite different from his Glorious Bastards role...he's sensational in the role.  Perfect actually.  He's all grown up and it's amazing how his men followed him in the end...no matter what.

It's a story of one day in combat...where a typist whose only skill according to him was that he could type sixty words a minute. And he is transferred to be the "co-driver" and gunner to take the place of somebody on the crew that was KIA.

The movie will stick with you a long time after you leave the theater and go to sleep.

can't wait for you to see it so that we can discuss it.   :beer: