Author Topic: It’s On: Top 20 Races to Watch  (Read 889 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

It’s On: Top 20 Races to Watch
« on: October 15, 2014, 08:55:14 pm »
It’s On: Top 20 Races to Watch
The Blaze
October 15, 2015

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/15/its-on-top-20-races-to-watch/

#1: WISCONSIN – GOVERNOR

REPUBLICAN: Scott Walker *
 DEMOCRAT: Mary Burke

This is the head national Democrats want more than any other. They’ve lied about Gov. Walker in the “John Doe” investigation and tried to recall him–all to no avail and to their embarrassment (though their repeated thuggery toward Walker and his family suggest they don’t have the shame to feel it). Still, Walker must be punished for limiting government union power by reforming collective bargaining and pensions and for ending compulsory union membership, walking away from Common Core, implementing a voter ID law and eliminating the state’s budget deficit while also cutting taxes. Plus, if they don’t stop Walker now, he could be a genuine threat in the 2016 White House fight.

More at link -------> http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/15/its-on-top-20-races-to-watch/
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Relic

Re: It’s On: Top 20 Races to Watch
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:58:50 pm »
I’ve come to hate Republicans. Not as much as I hate Democrats, but it’s close. I hate Republicans for their lack of principles, for their constant shape shifting, and unbridled self interest. Today’s Republicans are, in general, a collection of vile humans who should be nowhere near any sort of power.

Having said that, Democrats are much, much worse. I am absolutely furious at my fellow citizens for allowing Democrats to destroy this country. I will vote straight ticket R in November, regardless of the candidates. The Republicans could import Rob Ford from Toronto to run for Congress here, and I’ll vote for him. It’s the only message I can send. I know it’s not much, but it’s what I can do.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 09:57:57 pm »
I am absolutely furious at my fellow citizens for allowing Democrats to destroy this country. I will vote straight ticket R in November, regardless of the candidates. The Republicans could import Rob Ford from Toronto to run for Congress here, and I’ll vote for him. It’s the only message I can send. I know it’s not much, but it’s what I can do.

I agree completely.  The R's could run a yellow dog for office and I will vote for the yellow dog.  What does it mean in the end?  Who knows.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 10:47:10 pm »
Politics is what politics is. Politicians are what politicians are. What it is, is.

Since my own opinions are closer to Republicans, I vote straight GOP every time.

I honestly don't bother my little head to agonize, whine, moan over what is. It simply is.

I worked as Treasurer for a City PAC a few years ago, for council candidates. We raised enough, to put out a mass mailer, and two or three of our endorsements won. They were pro business, conservatives.

In the next few years they were both arrested and convicted of crimes. The woman served years in federal prison.

But I still hold political views more in line with the GOP and with conservatives, and will vote accordingly.

The politicians I dislike the MOST are the ones with followers that act self-righteous and push their religious views upon the public.

Congressman John Schmitz man, many years ago was the most conservative guy from our area. Ran for President, etc. It later turned out his daughter was the teacher Mary Le Tourneau that had relations with a teenager, and that he himself had committed some real funny business on his child, from outside his marriage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Schmitz

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 10:50:50 pm »
Politics is what politics is. Politicians are what politicians are. What it is, is.

Since my own opinions are closer to Republicans, I vote straight GOP every time.

I honestly don't bother my little head to agonize, whine, moan over what is. It simply is.

I worked as Treasurer for a City PAC a few years ago, for council candidates. We raised enough, to put out a mass mailer, and two or three of our endorsements won. They were pro business, conservatives.

In the next few years they were both arrested and convicted of crimes. The woman served years in federal prison.

But I still hold political views more in line with the GOP and with conservatives, and will vote accordingly.

The politicians I dislike the MOST are the ones with followers that act self-righteous and push their religious views upon the public.

Congressman John Schmitz man, many years ago was the most conservative guy from our area. Ran for President, etc. It later turned out his daughter was the teacher Mary Le Tourneau that had relations with a teenager, and that he himself had committed some real funny business on his child, from outside his marriage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Schmitz

My father had Schmitz bumper stickers on his car.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 11:08:55 pm »
My father had Schmitz bumper stickers on his car.
I grew up in conservative Orange County. During my senior year, two consecutive girlfriends' fathers questioned me about my family's politics. (both were Birchers)

I answered correctly enough, and got to continue dating two cute, randy babes. That was 64/65 and Goldwater was the face of conservatism.

Conservatives and religious people don't vet their leaders very well.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 02:22:48 am »
truth_seeker wrote above:
[[ Politics is what politics is. Politicians are what politicians are. What it is, is. ]]

Hey, sounds like you been readin' my credo:
"Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be."

Having said that, and in view of your story about working to elect politicians who were later "convicted of crimes", let me say this:

I would prefer a corrupt politician who stuffs his pockets but leaves ordinary folks (like me) alone, to one who is squeaky-clean and honest, but who lusts to expand government to take more from me, both my money and my freedoms.

I really, really mean that.

Here in Connecticut we had a governor (Rowland) who got sent up for taking money for something-or-other. But he didn't try to increase the size or power of the state government. Compare that to Dan Malloy, who encouraged the destruction of the Second Amendment in Connecticut after the Sandy Hook attack.

Give me Rowland back, please. I don't care how many bribes he takes!

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 02:29:50 am »

I do the same, except for one exception.  I vote for the "D" here in my state of Oregon senate district.  I met him years ago, he laid out his platform (fiscally right/socially left), and in the 16 years he's been our state senator, he's yet to go back or flip-flop.  Our suburb is booming right now, too, so that helps, but he's helped cut through a lot of red tape here in order to expedite the new Cabela's, the new Cracker Barrel, the new Home Goods, the new LA Fitness, etc. etc.  Lots of jobs available, and the value of our house is now up 50% over when we bought it in 2005.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 02:35:32 am »
I do the same, except for one exception.  I vote for the "D" here in my state of Oregon senate district.  I met him years ago, he laid out his platform (fiscally right/socially left), and in the 16 years he's been our state senator, he's yet to go back or flip-flop.  Our suburb is booming right now, too, so that helps, but he's helped cut through a lot of red tape here in order to expedite the new Cabela's, the new Cracker Barrel, the new Home Goods, the new LA Fitness, etc. etc.  Lots of jobs available, and the value of our house is now up 50% over when we bought it in 2005.

Sounds like he needs to switch parties  :whistle:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Carling

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 03:00:00 am »
Sounds like he needs to switch parties  :whistle:

He has no future as an Oregon Democrat, and he'd be called a "GOPe" by the social conservative wing of the GOP.  He isn't running for re-election next time around, and State Senators here only serve four-year terms, and he's not up for re-election until 2016.  He'll be welcomed back by the Portland business community for not being a complete Kitzhauber rubber-stamp vote.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 03:44:32 am »

I would prefer a corrupt politician who stuffs his pockets but leaves ordinary folks (like me) alone, to one who is squeaky-clean and honest, but who lusts to expand government to take more from me, both my money and my freedoms.
I assume that by selecting politics, they intend to be corrupt, in ways available to politicians. For example it is somewhat corrupt to go between industry, to government, back to industry and so forth.

My example of Schmitz was a darling of the far right, who got himself ejected from the Birch Society, as extremist, and turned out to have the social morals of a lousy street pimp. Wouldn't even support his out of wedlock children. May have abused his own baby child.

He claimed to be a "devout Catholic."

Offline LambertLunatic

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 01:42:03 pm »
truth_seeker wrote above:

I disagree.   If we accept corruption, this country is doomed.  We said that character matters when Clinton was running for re-erection.Character still matters.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 10:54:42 pm »
I disagree.   If we accept corruption, this country is doomed.  We said that character matters when Clinton was running for re-erection.Character still matters.
Actually Fishrrman wrote that. I assume the career field of politics includes degrees of corruption, different types of corruption, etc.