Author Topic: Ebola fears grip Cleveland: Two schools shut, teachers sent home, medics on paid leave after second US nurse to catch deadly virus stopped off in the city  (Read 1096 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2795511/ebola-fears-grip-cleveland-two-schools-shut-teachers-sent-home-nurses-paid-leave-second-nurse-catch-deadly-virus-stopped-city.html

Ebola fears grip Cleveland: Two schools shut, teachers sent home, medics on paid leave after second US nurse to catch deadly virus stopped off in the city

Elementary school cleaned, two schools shut, nurses under observation
    Comes amid fears teachers and nurses traveled with latest Ebola patient
    Amber Jay Vinson, 29, had a fever when she flew on commercial flight
    She told the CDC of her condition but they said she could fly regardless
    Vinson stopped off in Ohio to plan her wedding then flew to Dallas, Texas

By Mia De Graaf for MailOnline

Published: 08:03 EST, 16 October 2014 | Updated: 09:13 EST, 16 October 2014

Schools and hospitals are on lock-down across Cleveland after it emerged the second US nurse to contract Ebola spent time in the city.

Amber Jay Vinson, 29, already had a fever when she traveled home to Ohio to plan her wedding and visit her mother last Friday, despite being one of the 76 medical workers from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital under observation by the Centers for Disease Control.

She had treated Thomas Eric Duncan, the Ebola 'patient zero.' Health officials say she was told she was at risk for exposure to the disease but boarded a Frontier Airlines flight regardless.

The news has prompted high schools and medical centers to send home staff and students amid fears that they could have come into contact with Vinson.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2795511/ebola-fears-grip-cleveland-two-schools-shut-teachers-sent-home-nurses-paid-leave-second-nurse-catch-deadly-virus-stopped-city.html#ixzz3GJmeW0Pv
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This woman is a complete idiot..she exposed 2 plane loads of people, her own family and countless others she encountered in Ohio...and she is a nurse!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline GourmetDan

Amber Jay Vinson, 29, had a fever when she flew on commercial flight
    She told the CDC of her condition but they said she could fly regardless

Unfortunately, nurses are trained to follow orders...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

Panic ensues! Better declare martial law (just in case)!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This woman is a complete idiot..she exposed 2 plane loads of people, her own family and countless others she encountered in Ohio...and she is a nurse!

Two things come to mind....

1) How easy would it be to 'postpone' the elections in Ohio....citing pandemic risks?

2) One could see a person, who faithfully does his/her job somehow, nevertheless contracts the disease and becomes bitter..."it's not right", etc., and decides to 'punish' authority by spreading her misery around.    It's a liberal thing, you know.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
1) How easy would it be to 'postpone' the elections in Ohio....citing pandemic risks?

...at this point it wouldn't surprise me.
Support the USO

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Now, it turns out the Vinson ASKED the CDC before she traveled if it would be permissable - AND THEY SAID YES!  They told her it was OK to travel on a commercial plane!

The CDC!

She even told them she had a low-grade fever and they said it was OK!

**nononono*
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Now, it turns out the Vinson ASKED the CDC before she traveled if it would be permissable - AND THEY SAID YES!  They told her it was OK to travel on a commercial plane!

The CDC!

**nononono*

All that is true but being a nurse she should have known better...
Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

The CDC!

How long will people believe in 'incompetence'?

A very, very long time, apparently...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
All that is true but being a nurse she should have known better...

Working in a hospital is equivalent to working in a restaurant.  Restaurants answer to the Health Dept.  When the Health Dept. tells you to jump, you ask "how high".

When you work in a hospital - the CDC is your ruler.  Everything you are taught to do is couched in "the CDC says it has to be this way".

Nurses are taught to rely on what the CDC tells them to do and how to do it.  They are taught that you do not violate CDC protocols or you can lose your job.

This nurse probably knew innately that her low-grade fever was cause for concern - that's why she called and asked them about it.  When they said it was OK, she went - because to HER - the CDC is all-knowing and has the final word.  When that is the way you are taught - you don't question it. 

If it were me, I wouldn't have gone - but I grew up in a time when we were taught to question authority.  That's no longer true.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well I am just a mom and grandmom and common sense always told me you don't send your kids to school with a fever and I didn't have to have 4 years of nursing school to know that......both her[especially her] and the CDC are to blame for this latest fiasco....btw we really don't know what she said to the CDC on the phone...did she really tell them she had a fever...I am doubting that as I think she is trying to cover her ass.
Support the USO

Offline olde north church

Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

I don't blame them for shutting the schools.

I'm uneasy about this, and we live 70 miles away.  But people from here fly in and out of Cleveland every day.

The speed at which this disease could spread is alarming and we have complete incompetents in charge.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.