Author Topic: US 'hid Iraq chemical weapons incidents'  (Read 759 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
US 'hid Iraq chemical weapons incidents'
« on: October 16, 2014, 10:01:31 am »
US troops and Iraqi police were wounded by exposure to abandoned chemical weapons in 2004-11 in a series of incidents largely kept quiet by the Pentagon, a US newspaper has reported.

The New York Times said the weapons were built by Saddam Hussein's regime during the 1980s Iran-Iraq war.

Soldiers and police uncovered about 5,000 warheads, shells or bombs.

The Times based its report on dozens of pages of classified documents, and interviews with soldiers and officials.

The newspaper tracked down 17 US soldiers and seven Iraqi police officers who said they had been wounded during at least six separate incidents.

Some of the weapons were reportedly designed in the US and manufactured in Europe.

They were filled with chemical agents produced in Iraq from ingredients purchased in some cases in the US.

In a statement to the BBC, Pentagon spokesman Rear Adm John Kirby said Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel was "concerned by any indication or allegation that our troops have not received the care and administrative support they deserve" and had ordered a review of the military's health system and the military awards programme.

"While we cannot speak to individual decisions made by unit commanders or medical staff at the time - or the guidance they may have given their troops about the existence of chemical munitions in Iraq - the defence department made public its discovery of these munitions as far back as 2006 and acknowledged the likelihood that more could be found," Adm Kirby said.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29631829

The bolding is mine. Explains why the existence of the chemical weapons was kept rather quiet. Never secret, exactly, just not really talked about. It's an embarrassing secret to most of the Western governments, especially 4 of the big 5 nuclear powers, when sitting alongside Iraqi made weapons in a cache are neatly packed weapons, still in their protective layers, with American, British, Russian and French markings.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: US 'hid Iraq chemical weapons incidents'
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 02:48:32 pm »

The bolding is mine. Explains why the existence of the chemical weapons was kept rather quiet. Never secret, exactly, just not really talked about. It's an embarrassing secret to most of the Western governments, especially 4 of the big 5 nuclear powers, when sitting alongside Iraqi made weapons in a cache are neatly packed weapons, still in their protective layers, with American, British, Russian and French markings.

Apparently, this has been known all of this time - and so I wonder why it is now coming out.  The NYT has a crack investigative team!  Who knew?   :shrug:

Chuck Hagel is now really concerned about our veterans that were exposed.  Who knew?   :shrug:

NOW, we find out many of the weapons and/or components were made here and in other Western countries - so of course, our leaders knew they were there from the git-go.  Who knew?   :shrug:

And finally, it just so happens that ISIS has taken control of the places where these weapons have been stored or dumped.  Who knew?   :shrug:

The scariest thing about all of this - is that they are just now coming out in public about ALL of this...NOW.  Why?  What is about to happen that they've had to set up defenses and BLAME for in advance?   :shrug:

It ain't going to be good.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 02:51:58 pm »
Apparently, this has been known all of this time - and so I wonder why it is now coming out.  The NYT has a crack investigative team!  Who knew?   :shrug:

Chuck Hagel is now really concerned about our veterans that were exposed.  Who knew?   :shrug:

NOW, we find out many of the weapons and/or components were made here and in other Western countries - so of course, our leaders knew they were there from the git-go.  Who knew?   :shrug:

And finally, it just so happens that ISIS has taken control of the places where these weapons have been stored or dumped.  Who knew?   :shrug:

The scariest thing about all of this - is that they are just now coming out in public about ALL of this...NOW.  Why?  What is about to happen that they've had to set up defenses and BLAME for in advance?   :shrug:

It ain't going to be good.

Because it is now useful to advance the one-world agenda.  Just as it was once useful to deny the existence of such weapons to advance said agenda.

Once you understand that there is a one-world agenda and people manipulating both 'truth' and events to further it, the hypocrisy becomes understandable...

(With apologies to all who may be offended...)

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 03:20:46 pm »
This whole business has the sense of being one gigantic con.  All of it.  ISIS, or ISIL or whatever, the beheadings, the strangely shifting allegiances.  There seems to be so much smoke and mirrors and so little truth from our leaders and media it is hard to sort out what is really going on.  I wouldn't argue with the notion that a one world government fits into the calculation somewhere.  It's just that I don't understand the strategy, let alone the end game.  I'm looking at a chess board through a fog so dense I cannot see the pieces, or even the shadows of the pieces.  I am only allowed to see a fake game being played out for my benefit by those who are operating the fog-making machine.   

How the hell am I supposed to form an opinion based on that?

What really scares me is that OPapaDoc himself may feel the same way. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:22:59 pm by massadvj »

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 03:41:35 pm »
This whole business has the sense of being one gigantic con.  All of it.  ISIS, or ISIL or whatever, the beheadings, the strangely shifting allegiances.  There seems to be so much smoke and mirrors and so little truth from our leaders and media it is hard to sort out what is really going on.  I wouldn't argue with the notion that a one world government fits into the calculation somewhere.  It's just that I don't understand the strategy, let alone the end game.  I'm looking at a chess board through a fog so dense I cannot see the pieces, or even the shadows of the pieces.  I am only allowed to see a fake game being played out for my benefit by those who are operating the fog-making machine.   

You have written my thoughts exactly and eloquently massadvj.  There is something I can't quite put my finger on.......and yes....ISIS.  Are they a staged movement?  Is Benghazi anywhere in this script? 

The cauldron is boiling over - these last few weeks before the election.  The entire world is on fire right now - how is this going to play out?  I have no doubt that this NYT "investigation" is part of this "chess game" - that they are doing their part in this......."Operation Inherent Evil" plan.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 03:47:52 pm »
You have written my thoughts exactly and eloquently massadvj.  There is something I can't quite put my finger on.......and yes....ISIS.  Are they a staged movement?  Is Benghazi anywhere in this script? 

The cauldron is boiling over - these last few weeks before the election.  The entire world is on fire right now - how is this going to play out?  I have no doubt that this NYT "investigation" is part of this "chess game" - that they are doing their part in this......."Operation Inherent Evil" plan.

Why do they always seem to be wherever it is best for them to be?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 03:50:41 pm »
Why do they always seem to be wherever it is best for them to be?

ISIS, I mean.

Why also, did the Egyptians and Emeraties bomb Libya?  When was the last time an ME state attack another moslem state?

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 03:52:01 pm »
ISIS, I mean.

Why also, did the Egyptians and Emeraties bomb Libya?  When was the last time an ME state attack another moslem state?

Why an Israeli/Gaza ceasefire hold all the sudden in the same time frame?

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 03:52:50 pm »
ISIS, I mean.

All good questions ONC.  I think our collective "spidey sense" is starting to be on fire!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 05:39:11 pm »
Why an Israeli/Gaza ceasefire hold all the sudden in the same time frame?

Hammas does that from time to time. They don't like kicking up against the Israelis unless they are going to get media attention and mucho hand wringing (and hand outs) from Western idiots. Tunnels and rockets don't pay for themselves, you know. If you think back, they have gone pretty quiet every time there has been a major conflict in the Middle East.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 06:03:35 pm »

Not only this I am  suspect about this ebola 24/7 coverage. What about that entrovirus that is killing children? what is going on besides ebola behind the scenes?  And with the ebola news WHERE IS DUNCANS FAMILY? WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF THEIR EBOLA TESTS? Notice all immigration news fell right of the pages too?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:04:51 pm by flowers »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 06:38:16 pm »
Hammas does that from time to time. They don't like kicking up against the Israelis unless they are going to get media attention and mucho hand wringing (and hand outs) from Western idiots. Tunnels and rockets don't pay for themselves, you know. If you think back, they have gone pretty quiet every time there has been a major conflict in the Middle East.

I agree with EC. Hamas is death. Israel kills these guys every day of the week. To be in Hamas is to live every minute of you life not knowing if the guy next to you is going to blow your head off. There is no peace ever.

Hamas only pretends to attack Israel once in a while for funding. This last attempt, Israel killed a lot of the Hamas structure. And they are still picking them off one by one. Hamas is not attacking out of respite or truce; they are not attacking for fear of their life. And this is a correct way of thinking.

Israel dose not play games like the Western powers do. If you make them mad, they kill you, and kill you for real.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 07:08:32 pm »
Not only this I am  suspect about this ebola 24/7 coverage. What about that entrovirus that is killing children? what is going on besides ebola behind the scenes?  And with the ebola news WHERE IS DUNCANS FAMILY? WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF THEIR EBOLA TESTS? Notice all immigration news fell right of the pages too?

You raise HUGE questions!  Ebola is a big shiny flashy thing which is sucking the oxygen out of the room.  There are other things happening in the world that are just as serious - but we're not talking about them anymore. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 08:07:17 pm »
You raise HUGE questions!  Ebola is a big shiny flashy thing which is sucking the oxygen out of the room.  There are other things happening in the world that are just as serious - but we're not talking about them anymore.

Happens every time. Anthrax just after 9/11. SARS just before Saddam's trial. Ebola now. It's "Look! There's a squirrel!" for the media.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 08:40:11 pm »
Duncan's family is a huge mystery.  Almost like they are being hidden.  Do they think that they are in danger (from people who realize they brought this disease here on purpose?)  Or do they have more information than we'd expect?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 09:59:13 pm »
Duncan's family is a huge mystery.  Almost like they are being hidden.  Do they think that they are in danger (from people who realize they brought this disease here on purpose?)  Or do they have more information than we'd expect?

Yesterday I heard Faux News say that they were nearing the end of their quarantine and were asymptomatic...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 10:13:06 pm »
Yesterday I heard Faux News say that they were nearing the end of their quarantine and were asymptomatic...

Which is seemingly impossible, unless they had hazmat suits on the entire time.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan