Author Topic: Let's Face It...We're Screwed  (Read 6256 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Let's Face It...We're Screwed
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 01:43:03 am »
I'm not necessarily looking for someone who's words I can hang onto with every syllable, but one I believe can lead the Nation as a decision-maker.  One who can understand the issues, comes across as an adult, and can influence world leader to take action against the enemies of the Western world.  Inspiring others doesn't necessarily require great speeches, but rather projecting an image of knowledge and timely decision-making. 

Perhaps it comes from experience and knowing when to listen and when to speak.  But I do know it doesn't necessarily require a willingness to step out into fool's territory.

And no, I don't yet know who that is.  Right now my focus is on sending Harry Reid to the minority leader's office, and not just for a visit. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 06:21:18 pm »
This is a great thread.  Thanks for starting it, DC.

I was bitterly disappointed in 2012, not because of Romney's loss, but because it was a live demonstration that the takers had indeed overcome the makers in numbers.  It reminded me of a quote from Alexander Tyler about the fall of the Athenian republic.  There is some doubt as to the accuracy of the quote, or the name of the author, but the idea is true:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

There will be a leader who can straighten this out, but short of another full-scale reolution, it will be a dictator.  Nobody elected could have the power necessary, operating within the restraints of our Constitution, to set things right again.  The looters have the upper hand in a democratic republic such as ours, and they know it.  They are not about to stop looting because it's killing the host organism.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 06:57:06 pm »
I'm not necessarily looking for someone who's words I can hang onto with every syllable, but one I believe can lead the Nation as a decision-maker.  One who can understand the issues, comes across as an adult, and can influence world leader to take action against the enemies of the Western world.  Inspiring others doesn't necessarily require great speeches, but rather projecting an image of knowledge and timely decision-making. 

Perhaps it comes from experience and knowing when to listen and when to speak.  But I do know it doesn't necessarily require a willingness to step out into fool's territory.

And no, I don't yet know who that is.  Right now my focus is on sending Harry Reid to the minority leader's office, and not just for a visit.

I'm 100% with you on that goal!

After that I would respectfully suggest a close look at our current Texas Governor Rick Perry!  I know that he has the makings of just what you and I are looking for!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 07:00:54 pm »

I was bitterly disappointed in 2012, not because of Romney's loss, but because it was a live demonstration that the takers had indeed overcome the makers in numbers.  It reminded me of a quote from Alexander Tyler about the fall of the Athenian republic.  There is some doubt as to the accuracy of the quote, or the name of the author, but the idea is true:

There will be a leader who can straighten this out, but short of another full-scale reolution, it will be a dictator.  Nobody elected could have the power necessary, operating within the restraints of our Constitution, to set things right again.  The looters have the upper hand in a democratic republic such as ours, and they know it.  They are not about to stop looting because it's killing the host organism.

Our founders knew all about democracies and rejected the idea of one out of hand!  We are, thank God, a REPUBLIC but a great many have been trying to make the conversion for a very long time!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 07:07:08 pm »
I think Americans are simply ready for competent leadership. After six years of democrat incompetence in Congress with their incompetent party leader in the White House, Americans are ready for an organizational "fixer."  A super manager. Someone with experience reorganizing failing enterprises – as the United States at this point in history most certainly is. Someone who used to work at Bain Capital. A someone like, oh, I don't know, Mitt Romney.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 08:54:31 pm »
I think Americans are simply ready for competent leadership. After six years of democrat incompetence in Congress with their incompetent party leader in the White House, Americans are ready for an organizational "fixer."  A super manager. Someone with experience reorganizing failing enterprises – as the United States at this point in history most certainly is. Someone who used to work at Bain Capital. A someone like, oh, I don't know, Mitt Romney.

Cal Thomas felt the need to use his sixty second radio spot today...to piggyback on Rush's monologue yesterday....the one I cited which had me in awe and nearly crying my eyes out...he said that a Republican victory would probably enhance Hillary's chances in 2016, because well, NOBODY likes the taste of Castor Oil. 

The 'medicine' Americans need to take to turn this ship around will not be tolerated....not as long as the Leftist supporting sycophantic media repeatedly circles the wagons around the Democrats. 

As much as the vast majority are upset with Obama and the Democrats today, they'll quickly be re-programmed into running back to Hillary.

And that's not taking into account the real possibility, as MAC and others have implied here, of a major economic meltdown, or other national calamity that interrupts the sheeples' daily routine.

No, Sal.....Romney is NOT the answer.  We need a straight-shooting, engaging leader with a SINCERE smile.  Not one that looks like it's rehearsed.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 08:55:42 pm »

Word, Cyber!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 09:06:18 pm »

Word, Cyber!    :beer:
:beer:

(Hopefully beer will still be available under the new Fuhrer.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 09:15:52 pm »

Oh, it will for them - just not for us!  We'll have to make our own beer out of potato peels and moldy bread.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2014, 09:15:58 pm »

:laugh:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2014, 10:19:33 pm »
I'm 100% with you on that goal!

After that I would respectfully suggest a close look at our current Texas Governor Rick Perry!  I know that he has the makings of just what you and I are looking for!

Honestly Bigun, I haven't given up on Perry.  His performance in the 2012 debates though left me a little unenthused.  Maybe he's really got it, don't know.  But I'm willing to give him a chance.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 11:09:16 pm »
Honestly Bigun, I haven't given up on Perry.  His performance in the 2012 debates though left me a little unenthused.  Maybe he's really got it, don't know.  But I'm willing to give him a chance.

Yes! I understand and thank your for being willing to take a second look.

I don't want to make excuse for those terrible debate performances  but you should know that the man you saw there is NOT the man I know!

He had just had back surgery (perhaps bad judgement for having that surgery at that time) and being in acute pain and taking medication for that when the debates occurred.

- J. R. R. Tolkien