Author Topic: Mitt - Please don't run  (Read 235 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitt - Please don't run
« on: October 14, 2014, 02:34:32 pm »
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/10/mitt__please_dont_run.html

October 14, 2014
Mitt - Please don't run
By Earick Ward

Not a week goes by, where Mitt Romney’s name doesn’t show up in a headline. Pressure is mounting on him to run for president in 2016.

Mitt - Please don’t.

Please don’t run, unless you’ve learned the lesson as to why you lost in 2012. Given the circumstances on the ground (Fast & Furious, NSA, IRS, Benghazi, ObamaCare, and our countries continued economic malaise, etc.), and given your character and experience, you should have won.

Granted, you had a Media Industrial Complex working 24/7 against you, and a White House that was peddling lies upon lies, in order to shield the American people from their vast shortcomings, but herein lies the problem – these were all known(s) going into the campaign.

You, and your handlers misunderstood your opponent. Whenever I heard you tout “Barack Obama is a good man, it’s just that his policies are misguided”, I wanted to reach through my tv screen and shake you by the ears.

Now, I understand your Mormon upbringing teaches you tolerance, and at some level, I respect your calm demeanor, but what you lacked was FIGHT.

Barack Obama had no qualms about punching you in the mouth.

The Conservative Base, vehemently opposed Barack Obama and his policies. Not because he is black, but because he is the most radical Leftist ever to reside in the White House.

While your handlers, and Establishment mainstay Karl Rove, had you reaching out to the vast mushy middle, you lost, in part, because you didn’t embrace and articulate a full-throated vision for America that was markedly different than the one being pursued by the current occupant of the White House.

Liberalism stinks. Conservatism works. Not as a political strategy, but as a core value proposition. Your “I’m severely Conservative” comment rang hollow, like so many proclamations from politicians running for office.

The American people have weighed and measured Liberalism, and found it wanting. Every segment of society is worse off today, than when Barack Obama took office. Don’t make it about Barack Obama (or, Hillary Clinton) so much, as about his/her embrace of a failed ideology.

Don’t advance Conservativism because it will position you for victory. Embrace Conservativism because it is right. It is right for this time. It is right for America.

The American people are suffering domestically, and because of the mishandling of our affairs abroad. It gives me no solace, that you presciently described Russia’s Putin, and/or the continued threat from Radical Islam. Frankly, it angers me, that you were right (philosophically), but weren’t strong enough to make the case in the political arena.

It was reported that your son Tagg, stated that; “my father wanted to be president less than anyone I've met in my life."

If you’re not committed to win, don’t get in. You think Hillary Clinton, or Elizabeth Warren won’t hesitate to punch you in the mouth? Or, that the Media will suddenly abandon their hard-left bias, to give you a fair hearing?

America is at the precipice of collapse. We need someone to fight for her, and for us. If you’re not prepared to be that guy, stay out of the race.

If you think you have it in you, and not sure that you are completely sold on Conservativism, please select someone, like Ted Cruz as your running mate.

I would vote for a Romney/Cruz ticket. Ted Cruz has no qualms about punching back. This would allow you, to stay above the fray.

This is not just a battle of ideas, but it is a battle. I hope, I pray, that if you get in the race, that you don the armor and take the fight to our opponents, and yes, Liberal’s are our opponents, if not outright enemies.

As President, you can govern all of America. As candidate, you’ll have to defeat a segment of our country that despises her. If you’re not prepared to do this, let those who will, move to the front.     

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Mitt - Please don't run
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 02:53:16 pm »
While I don't embrace Mr. Ward's apparent linkage of conservatism with "punching back", nonetheless I do agree that if Romney runs (a fair likelihood), he needs to learn to fight as hard as his opponent.  And whatever one thinks, Hillary can be ruthless.  IIRC, it was a Hillary activist who first brought out the whole eligibility question re: Obama.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!