Author Topic: Chris Christie: 'Never Running' for NJ Political Office Again  (Read 302 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=600419

Newsmax
Chris Christie: 'Never Running' for NJ Political Office Again
Monday, October 13, 2014 04:47 PM

By: Andrea Billups

Chris Christie has said absolutely no to a U.S. Senate bid from New Jersey, answering one question about his political ambitions, but not another — about whether he will run for the White House in 2016.

Delivering the keynote speech at the NAACP convention held in New Jersey, Christie was characteristically blunt, squelching any rumors that he might consider a run for Congress, mediaite.com reported on Monday.

"Believe me, by the way, when I say I'm never running for public office in New Jersey again, I mean I'm never running for public office in New Jersey again," he said.

"The only job left for me to run for is United States Senate, and let me just say this: I would rather die than be in the United States Senate," Christie continued. "I would be bored to death. Could you imagine me banging around that chamber with 99 other people, asking for a motion on the amendment on the subcommittee? Forget it."

Christie kept his comments humorous. He joked that he would rather take a dive in the Potomac River than deal with the infighting in D.C.

"It would be over, everybody. You'd watch me just walk out and walk right into the Potomac River and drown. That would be it," Business Insider reported of this speech.

After a tough year that included the Bridge-gate scandal, which Christie seems close to being exonerated from, columnist George Will says he's sitting pretty to make a happy return to the forefront of national politics.

Wrote Will in a Washington Post column: "Christie today radiates serenity. His critics, including many Hillary Clinton enthusiasts, hoped the past 12 months would be for him a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad year. He has, however, thrived."

Meanwhile, some NAACP delegates noted they felt that having Christie speak to their group was purely for show, the Star-Ledger reported.

"He has not availed himself for any type of dialogue with this or any other branches concerning his policies," wrote Deborah Gregory, the Newark NAACP chapter head, in a letter to the national organization. "To have him serve as keynote speaker is to simply listen without question."

A New Hampshire poll had Christie falling behind other projected contenders in a possible presidential bid, NJ.com reported, drawing 9 percent of supporters and tying for fourth place with Mike Huckabee.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline olde north church

Re: Chris Christie: 'Never Running' for NJ Political Office Again
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 02:20:27 pm »
I really don't think he wants to run for Prez either.  He's getting all kinds of people pissed off at him.  I think he enjoys it.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.