Author Topic: Cheney: 'Very Dangerous Period … More Threatening Than the Period Before 9/11'  (Read 286 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/cheney-very-dangerous-period-more-threatening-period-911_810984.html

Cheney: 'Very Dangerous Period … More Threatening Than the Period Before 9/11'
'9/11 will turn out to be not nearly as bad as the next mass casualty attack against the United States'
Daniel Halper
October 13, 2014 9:10 AM

Vice President Dick Cheney opened up for a nearly two hour interview with Bill Kristol, as part of the latest installment of Conversations With Bill Kristol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoZkP3O8g8s

The two discussed Cheney's time as secretary of defense, the Gulf War, the Nixon and Ford Years, the Reagan years, 9/11, and the threats we face today.

On the last point, Cheney surveyed the world -- particulary the Middle East -- and expressed concern about Iran getting nuclear weapons. If that happens, Cheney predicted, many other countries in the region would quickly acquire nuclear weapons, too.

"So we're in a very dangerous period and I think it's more threatening than the period before 9/11," Cheney predicted. "I think 9/11 will turn out to be not nearly as bad as the next mass casualty attack against the United States--which, if and when it comes, will be with something far deadlier than [with] airline tickets and box cutters."

Cheney defended the so-called enhanced interrogation techniques--specifically, waterboarding--used by the Bush administration to help save American lives, as well as the NSA program. He also talked about how congressional leaders, such as Nancy Pelosi, all privately signed off on the programs -- and implored the Bush administration not to bring it to Capitol Hill for discussion.

Kristol ended the conversation by thanking Cheney for his "model" public service.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

He also talked about how congressional leaders, such as Nancy Pelosi, all privately signed off on the programs -- and implored the Bush administration not to bring it to Capitol Hill for discussion.

Ah yes, the impeccable morality of Nancy Pelosi......LEADER of the Democrat party.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.