Author Topic: Doubletalk: Deciphering the Official Line on Ebola  (Read 788 times)

rangerrebew

Doubletalk: Deciphering the Official Line on Ebola
« on: October 11, 2014, 09:18:00 am »
- The Daily Sheeple - http://www.thedailysheeple.com -

Doubletalk: Deciphering the Official Line on Ebola

Posted By Chris Carrington On October 10, 2014 @ 7:00 am In Armageddon Scenarios,Camps and Detainment,Controlling the Herd,Editor's Choice,Featured,Survival and Preparedness | 3 Comments

Deputy Head of the World Health Organization Bruce Aylward has warned that Ebola cases are increasing. The BBC  [2]reports:

“The disease is entrenched in the capitals, 70% of the people affected are definitely dying from this disease, and it is accelerating in almost all of the settings,” he said.

This is an increase of 20% from the previously admitted 50% fatality rate that has been repeated almost since the start of the epidemic.

The wording of press releases, and the terminology used daily by the mainstream media, is very telling. Most of it seems to boil down to a combination of wishful thinking on behalf of officials combined with the desire to convince the public that there is nothing to worry about.

Look at the definitions of the words ‘outbreak’ and ‘epidemic’ and ‘pandemic’ from the Google online dictionary:

outbreak

ˈaʊtbreɪk/Submit

noun

a sudden occurrence of something unwelcome, such as war or disease.

“the outbreak of World War II”

synonyms:eruption, flare-up, upsurge, outburst, breakout, sudden appearance, rash, wave, spate, flood, explosion, burst, blaze, flurry;

epidemic

ɛpɪˈdɛmɪk/Submit

noun

a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease in a community at a particular time.

“a flu epidemic”

synonyms:outbreak, plague, scourge, infestation; More

a sudden, widespread occurrence of an undesirable phenomenon.

“an epidemic of violent crime”

synonyms:spate, rash, wave, explosion, eruption, outbreak, outburst, flare-up, craze; More

adjective

adjective: epidemic

of the nature of an epidemic.

“shoplifting has reached epidemic proportions”

synonyms:rife, rampant, widespread, wide-ranging, extensive, sweeping, penetrating, pervading;

antonyms:limited, local

pandemic

panˈdɛmɪk/Submit

adjective

(of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.

synonyms:widespread, prevalent, pervasive, rife, rampant epidemic;

noun

noun: pandemic; plural noun: pandemics

an outbreak of a pandemic disease.

“the AIDS pandemic”

According to these definitions, Ebola ceased to be an outbreak some considerable time ago, but outbreak sounds far less scary than epidemic or pandemic, both of which could be used to describe the spread of Ebola at this point.

This is similar to the play on words between scientific/medical definition of airborne transmission and the commonly understood definition. The former has strict criteria of droplet sizes and distance traveled etc that has to be fulfilled to qualify a disease of having airborne transmission. This allows them to say there is no airborne spread with Ebola.

The common understanding therefore is that it cannot be spread by coughs and sneezes. Having said that both of those activities allow the release of secretions, or to give them another name, bodily fluids, in the form of saliva and nasal discharges…both of which can support and spread Ebola. So under the common understanding of airborne, Ebola can indeed spread in such a fashion.

We are all aware that the way the government has handled the spread of Ebola is appallingly bad, and many of us have little hope that the situation will improve. Think about the ‘enhanced screening” that has been set up at five international airports. Why have they announced which airports? Those who are looking at getting into the country, even though they have been exposed to Ebola, will just switch airports to one that is not employing ‘enhanced screening’ of travelers from the West Africa. In addition, why just screen those from West Africa? If Ebola is truly going global this will do no good at all.

On the subject of the non-touch temperature taking techniques that border control will be using, well where do I start? It’s incredibly easy to reduce your temperature, a couple of ibuprofen will sort that out. Additionally temperature screening only indicates you don’t have a temperature NOW, not that you won’t have one in three hours time, or tomorrow. It’s a load of crap. The measures being taken are a load of crap. and we are descending, at ever increasing speed, into a load of crap. Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

The window of opportunity to prevent a global spread of Ebola has passed. Likening the situation to the Aids/HIV virus is ludicrous. With those conditions you have a considerable time, sometimes years, to deal with the problem. People do not die in a matter of days from AIDS/HIV. There are also a few simple things you can do to prevent catching it.

Not so with Ebola.

The lack of containment facilities for dealing with infected patients is woefully inadequate across the whole of the western world. Just 19 biocontainment beds [3] for the entire population of the United States.

Please God if I get it don’t let me be patient 20.

Of course, other units will be set up, as they were in Madrid, Spain, and we know how that has worked out. The thing is these infection control beds  are not level four units. They don’t have the correct air venting systems, they don’t have the air locks and air pressure units that practically guarantee, if procedures are followed, that there will be no escape of disease.

Enter death FEMA camps to ‘protect’ the rest of us.

My gut is telling me that this isn’t going away anytime soon. If you haven’t done it already, the time has come to sit down and have a serious think about the needs of your family and how you are going to fulfil those needs should you have to go into self-imposed isolation. [4]

Prepare like you life depends on it because it probable does.

Delivered by The Daily Sheeple [5]

Contributed by Chris Carrington of The Daily Sheeple [6].

Chris Carrington is a writer, researcher and lecturer with a background in science, technology and environmental studies. Chris is an editor for The Daily Sheeple [7]. Wake the flock up!

Article printed from The Daily Sheeple: http://www.thedailysheeple.com

URL to article: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/doubletalk-deciphering-the-official-line-on-ebola_102014

URLs in this post:

[1] Image: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/doubletalk-deciphering-the-official-line-on-ebola_102014/attachment/2453017907

[2] BBC : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29563530

[3] 19 biocontainment beds: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/there-are-only-19-level-4-bio-containment-beds-in-the-whole-of-the-united-states-and-four-in-the-uk_102014

[4] self-imposed isolation.: http://undergroundmedic.com/?p=74

[5] The Daily Sheeple: http://www.TheDailySheeple.com/

[6] The Daily Sheeple: http://www.TheDailySheeple.com

[7] The Daily Sheeple: http://www.thedailysheeple.com

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Doubletalk: Deciphering the Official Line on Ebola
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 03:06:13 am »
Good article above.

And perhaps a good time to put up a couple more excerpts from Preston's book "The Hot Zone".

Excerpt #1 (see next post for #2)
==============================
By January 24, it had entered Room B, and monkeys in that room started going into shock and dying with runny noses, red eyes, and masklike expressions on their faces. In the following weeks, the infection entered Room I,F,E, and D, and the animals in these rooms virtually all died.

Then, in mid-February, a Hazleton animal caretaker who will be called John Coleus was performing a necropsy on a dead monkey when he cut his thumb with a scalpel. He had been slicing apart the liver, one of the favorite nesting sites of Ebola. The scalpel blade, smeared with liver cells and blood, went deep into this thumb. He had had a major exposure to Ebola.

The liver that he had been cuting was rushed to USAMRIID for analysis. Tom Geisbert looked at a piece of it under his microscope and, to his dismay, found that it was "incredibly hot-I mean, wall to wall with virus." Everyone at the Institute thought John Coleus was going to die.

"Around here," Peter Jahrling told me, "we were frankly fearful that this guy had bought the farm." The C.D.C. decided not to put him into isolation. So Coleus visited bars and drank beer with his friends.

"Here at the Institute," Peter Jahrling said, "we were absolutely appalled when that guy went out to bars, drinking. Clearly the C.D.C. should not have let that happen. This was a serious virus and a serious situation. We don't know a whole lot about the virus. It could be like the common cold-it could have a latency period when you are shedding virus before you develop symptoms-and by the time you know you are sick, you might have infected sixteen people. There's an awful lot we don't know about this virus. We don't know where it came from, and we don't know what form it will take when it appears next time."

John Coleus had a minor medical condition that required surgery.

Doctors performed the operation while he was in the incubation period after his exposure to Ebola. There is no record indicating that he bled excessively during the surgery. He came through fine, and he is alive today, with no ill effects from his exposure.

AS FOR THE MONKEY HOUSE, the entire building died. The Army didn't have to nuke it. It was nuked by the Ebola Reston virus. Once again, there were no human casualties. However, something eerie and perhaps sinister occurred. A total of four men had worked as caretakers in the monkey house: Jarvis Purdy, who had a heart; Milton Frantig, who had thrown up on the lawn; John Coleus, who had cut his thumb; and a fourth man. All four men eventually tested positive for Ebola Reston virus. They had all been infected with the agent. The virus had entered their bloodstreams and multiplied in their cells. Ebola proliferated in their bodies. It cycled in them. It carried on its life inside the monkey workers. But it did not make them sick, even while it multiplied inside them. If they had headaches or felt ill, none of them could recall it. Eventually the virus cleared from their systems naturally, disappeared from the blood, and as of this writing none of the men was affected by it. The are among the very, very few human survivors of Ebola virus. John Coleus certainly caught the virus when he cut himself with a bloody scalpel, no question about that. What is more worrisome is that the others had not cut themselves, yet the virus entered their bloodstreams. It got there somehow. Most likely it entered their blood thought contact with the lungs. It infected them through the air. When it became apparent to the Army researchers that three of the four men who became infected had not cut themselves, just about everyone at USAMRIID concluded that Ebola can spread through the air.

Dr. Philip Russell-the general who made the decision to send in the Army to stop the virus-recently said to me that although he had been "scared to death" about Ebola at the time, it wasn't until afterward, when he understood that the virus was spreading in the air among the monkeys, that the true potential for disaster sank in for him. "I was more frightened in retrospect," he said. "When I saw the respiratory evidence coming from those monkeys, I said to myself, My God, with certain kinds of small changes, this virus could become one that travels in rapid respiratory transmission through humans. I'm talking about the Black Death. Imagine a virus with the infectiousness of influenza and the mortality rate of black plague in the Middle Ages-that's what we're talking about."

The workers at Reston had symptomless Ebola virus. Why didn't it kill them? To this day, no one knows the answer to that question.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Doubletalk: Deciphering the Official Line on Ebola
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 03:10:45 am »
Excerpt #2:
========
ONE DAY IN spring, I went to visit Colonel Nancy Jaax, to interview her about her work during the Reston event. We talked in her office. She wore a black military sweater with silver eagles on the shoulder boards-she had recently made full colonel. A baby parrot slept in a box in the corner. The parrot woke up and squeaked.

"Are you hungry?" she asked it. "Yeah, yeah, I know." She pulled a turkey baster out of a bag and loaded it with parrot mush. She stuck the baster into the parrot's beak and squeezed the baster bulb, and the parrot closed it eyes with satisfaction.

She waved her hand at some filing cabinets. "Want to look at some Ebola? Take your pick."

"You show me."

She searched through a cabinet and removed a handful of glass slides, and carried them into another room, where a microscope sat on a table. It had two sets of eyepieces so that two people could look into it at the same time.
I sat down and stared in the microscope, into white nothingness.

"Okay, here's a good one," she said, and placed a slide under the lens.

I saw a field of cells. Here and there, pockets of cells had burst and liquefied.

"That's male reproductive tissue," she said. "It's heavily infected. This is Ebola Zaire in a monkey that we exposed through the lungs in 1986, in the study that Gene Johnson and I did."

Looking at the slice of monkey testicle, I got an unpleasant sensation. "You mean, it got into the monkey's lungs and moved to its-?"

"Yeah. it's pretty yucky," she said. "Now I'm going to make you dizzy. I'm going to show you the lung."

The scene shifted, and we were looking at rotted pink Belgian lace.

"This is a slice of lung tissue. A monkey that was exposed through the lungs. See how the virus bubbles up in the lung? It's Ebola Zaire."

I could see individual cells, and some of them were swollen with dark specks.
"We'll go to higher magnification."

The cells got bigger. The dark specks became angular, shadowy blobs. The blobs were bursting out of the cells, like something hatching.

"Those are big, fat bricks," she said.

They were Ebola crystalloids bursting out of the lungs. The lungs were popping Ebola directly into the air. My scalp crawled and I felt suddenly like a civilian who had seen something that maybe civilians should not see.

"These lungs are very hot," she said in a matter-of-face voice.

"You see those bricks budding directly into the air spaces of the lung?

When you cough, this stuff comes up your throat in your sputum. That's why you don't want someone who has Ebola coughing in your face."

"My God, it knows all about lungs, doesn't it?"

"Maybe not. It might live in an insect, and insects don't have lungs. But you see here how Ebola has adapted to this lung. It's budding out of the lung, right straight into the air."
"We're looking at a highly sophisticated organism, aren't we?"

"You're absolutely right. This hummer has an established life cycle. You get into what- if? game. What if it got into human lungs? If it mutates, it could be a problem. A big problem."

----------

C.J. PETERS EVENTUALLY left the Army to become the chief of the Special Pathogen Branch at the Centers for Disease Control. Looking back on the Reston event, he said to me one day that was pretty sure Ebola had spread through the air, "I think the pattern of spread that we saw, and the fact that it spread to new rooms, suggest that Ebola aerosols were being generated and were present in the building," he said. "If you look at pictures of lungs from a monkey with Ebola Zaire, you see that the lungs are fogged with Ebola. Have you seen those pictures?"

"Yes, Nancy Jaax showed them to me."

"Then you know. You can see Ebola particles clearly in the air spaces of the lung."
"Did you ever try to see if you could put Ebola Reston into the air and spread it among monkeys that way?" I asked.

"No," he replied firmly. "I just didn't think that was a good idea. If anybody had found out that the Army was doing experiments to see if the Ebola virus had adapted to spreading in the respiratory tract, we would have been accused of doing offensive biological warfare-trying to create a doomsday germ. So we elected not to follow it up."

"That means you don't really know if Ebola spreads in the air."

"That's right. We don't know. You have to wonder if Ebola virus can do that or not. If it can, that's about the worst thing you can imagine."

-------------

SO THE THREE sisters-Marburg, Ebola Sudan, and Ebola Zaire-have been joined by a fourth sister, Reston. A group of researchers at the Special Pathogens Branch of the C.D.C.-principally Antony Sanchez and Heinz Feldmann-have picked apart the genes of all the filoviruses. They discovered that Zaire and Reston ar so much alike that it's hard to say how they are different. When I met Anthony Sanchez and asked him about it, he said to me, "I call them kissing cousins. But I can't put my finger on why Reston apparently doesn't make us sick. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable handling it without a suit and maximum containment procedures." Each virus contains seven proteins, four of which are completely unknown. Something slightly different about one of the Reston proteins is a probably the reason the virus didn't go off in Washington like a bonfire. The Army and C.D.C have never downgraded the safety satus of Reston virus. It seems classified as a Level 4 hot agent, and if you want to shake hands with it, you had better wearing a space suit. Safety experts feel that there is not enough evidence, yet, to show that the Reston strain is not an extremely dangerous virus. It may be, in fact, the most dangerous of all the filovirus sisters, because of its seeming ability to travel rather easily through the air, perhaps more easily than the others. A tiny change in its genetic code, and it might turn into a cough and take out the human race.

Why is the Reston virus so much like Ebola Zaire, when Reston supposedly comes from Asia? If the strains come from different continents, they should be quite different from each other. One possibility is that the Reston strain originated in Africa and flew to the Philippines on an airplane not long ago. In other words, Ebola has already entered the net and has been traveling lately. The experts do not doubt that a virus can hop around the world in a matters of days. Perhaps Ebola came out of Africa and landed in Asia a few years back.

Perhaps-this is only a guess-Ebola traveled to Asia inside wild African animals. There have been rumors that rain forest have been importing African animals illegally, releasing them into the Philippine jungle, and hunting them. If Ebola lives in African game animals-in leopards or lions or in Cape buffalo-it might have traveled to Philippines that way. This is only a guess. Like all the other thread virus, Ebola Reston hides in a secret place. It seems quite likely, however, that the enter Reston outbreak started with a single monkey in the Philippines. One sick monkey. That monkey was the unknown index case. One monkey started the whole thing. That monkey perhaps picked up four or five particles of Ebola that came from...anyone's guess.