Author Topic: Karl Rove to GOP: No ‘Score -Settling’ With Obama After Midterm Wins  (Read 475 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/online/karl-rove-to-gop-no-score-settling-with-obama-after-midterm-wins/

Karl Rove to GOP: No ‘Score -Settling’ With Obama After Midterm Wins
by Eddie Scarry | 10:16 am, October 9th, 2014

In a new op-ed for the Wall Street Journal, Republican strategist Karl Rove warns the GOP that should they make big gains in the November midterm elections, they should focus on passing legislation rather than “score-settling” with President Barack Obama.

Rove writes that he anticipates Obama to reject bills sent to him from a Republican Congress but that Obama ” deserves the chance to show he’s matured as a leader and has the energy to govern.”

From the op-ed:

Mr. Obama is not the only person who must decide how to proceed. Whatever path the president chooses, Republicans must settle on a course, too. They should understand that, while it is insane to assume good faith from Mr. Obama, they should not make score-settling with the administration their priority.

Voters want Republicans to restrain Mr. Obama from further bad actions and oversee, and in some cases investigate, misdeeds and gross mismanagement. Even more, however, they want Republicans to tackle the problems facing Americans, especially middle-class Americans. This means the GOP should start with measures to strengthen the economy and help job creation.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Karl Rove to GOP: No ‘Score -Settling’ With Obama After Midterm Wins
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 04:18:24 pm »
Proving once again that even a stopped clock is right twice a day!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 04:19:11 pm »
Allegedly Jarrett said “After we win this election, it is payback time. For those who supported us, there will be rewards, for the ones who opposed us, they will get what they deserve. There will be hell to pay.

The GOP prepares to roll-over before their chickens even hatch.

Probably restore the old Senate rules to give the Demonrats some power back too.

Should they even win...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 04:20:10 pm »
I can't even say what I think about Karl Rove on a public forum.

:nometalk:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 04:40:27 pm »
Allegedly Jarrett said “After we win this election, it is payback time. For those who supported us, there will be rewards, for the ones who opposed us, they will get what they deserve. There will be hell to pay.

The GOP prepares to roll-over before their chickens even hatch.

Probably restore the old Senate rules to give the Demonrats some power back too.

Should they even win...

On this particular issue Rove is right!  They should pass legislation and send it to the White house over and over again as necessary! The first bill should be a full repeal of the "Affordable care  Act"

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 04:47:35 pm »
On this particular issue Rove is right!  They should pass legislation and send it to the White house over and over again as necessary! The first bill should be a full repeal of the "Affordable care  Act"

I'm thinking that Rove would consider such action to be 'score settling'.

The legislation he is referring to probably doesn't include repealing anything the Demonrats have passed.

I could be wrong, but I would be very surprised if I was...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 07:16:21 pm »
I'm thinking that Rove would consider such action to be 'score settling'.

The legislation he is referring to probably doesn't include repealing anything the Demonrats have passed.

I could be wrong, but I would be very surprised if I was...

I guess there is no way for us to know one way or the other but I remain hopeful.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 07:27:08 pm »
Proving once again that even a stopped clock is right twice a day!
:beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: