Author Topic: Huckabee: GOP Needs To Fight Gay Marriage Even More Or I'm Leaving  (Read 19780 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Huckabee: GOP Needs To Fight Gay Marriage Even More Or I'm Leaving
« Reply #325 on: October 14, 2014, 04:20:26 pm »
I think I need to resume the beer drinking that Dan and I started the other day.  We can talk football.   :beer:

Green Bay did pull another one out of the fire, didn't they?    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #326 on: October 14, 2014, 04:22:50 pm »
Green Bay did pull another one out of the fire, didn't they?    :beer:

Aaron Rodgers did.  Wow.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #327 on: October 14, 2014, 04:25:24 pm »
Can't speak for anyone else here, but IMO, for me, it's time to say, "We'll have to agree to disagree".

You're incorrigible.

Obviously I could say the exact same thing to you and it would mean just as much...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #328 on: October 14, 2014, 04:27:04 pm »
Heck, all in all it wasn't a bad thread...
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #329 on: October 14, 2014, 04:27:41 pm »
So If I understand, what you asked me for and what I quoted wasn't exactly what you meant?  I suspect there was a reason you left your words out of my response.  So now, at least we can agree that some gays can engage in monogamous relationships?  That's a critical distinction from your earlier position.  How many in your mind would it take to agree that maybe society should accept those same-sex relationships?  I don't know the answer, but I do know that the history of hetero-marriage is far less of a long lasting, love-filled lifetime experience than we admit to.

Dan, I can't give you high marks for the argument, but you get an A+ for hanging in there!   :beer:

You need to take all comments made by a person in context and together to understand their argument.

Cherry-picking what you want out of their comments and insisting that defines the argument is well, the fallacy of cherry-picking.

And, I could say the same thing about your arguments and it would mean just as much...

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:29:05 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #330 on: October 14, 2014, 04:27:42 pm »
Obviously I could say the exact same thing to you and it would mean just as much...

Dan....FYI....I'm not into the  "I know you are but what am I?" schtick!  **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #331 on: October 14, 2014, 04:29:42 pm »
Dan....FYI....I'm not into the  "I know you are but what am I?" schtick!  **nononono*

Well of course not.

You want it to mean something when you do it but not when someone does it to you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #332 on: October 14, 2014, 04:31:26 pm »
Well of course not.

You want it to mean something when you do it but not when someone does it to you.

Goodbye, Dan!   :seeya: "UNCLE!"

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #333 on: October 14, 2014, 04:33:21 pm »
Goodbye, Dan!   :seeya: "UNCLE!"

You mean you seriously believe that when you say it, it is an argument but when someone else says the exact same thing back to you it's a 'schtick'?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:34:18 pm by GourmetDan »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:35:38 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #335 on: October 14, 2014, 04:45:17 pm »
For Fun!!!

Of course, the implied purpose of proposing such 'fun' is that others should infer that it does not apply to the poster or they wouldn't propose it in the first place...

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:47:56 pm by GourmetDan »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #336 on: October 14, 2014, 04:47:55 pm »
As only the older among us would remember the line each week..."Say Goodnight Gracie...   :thud:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #337 on: October 14, 2014, 04:48:37 pm »
As only the older among us would remember the line each week..."Say Goodnight Gracie...   :thud:

Of course, the implied purpose of making such a statement is that others should infer that it does not apply to the poster or they wouldn't make it in the first place...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:49:03 pm by GourmetDan »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #338 on: October 14, 2014, 05:01:17 pm »

"Goodnight, George!"   :beer:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #339 on: October 14, 2014, 05:02:13 pm »
I think this thread has served it's purpose and if I let it continue would only result in verbal attacks and hard feelings....ranger and I have posted a lot of articles for your perusal please take a look..
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:03:27 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34