Author Topic: Huckabee: GOP Needs To Fight Gay Marriage Even More Or I'm Leaving  (Read 20037 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Huckabee: GOP Needs To Fight Gay Marriage Even More Or I'm Leaving
« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2014, 09:15:52 pm »
So you don't know that these gay couples you profess to know are 'devoted and not the least bit promiscuous',

You don't know that the ratios of 'whores and sluts' are equivalent between the two lifestyles,

I can argue that your views are corrupting your objectivity with just as much validity,

You are the one applying the tag of 'expert' to me,

But it's MY last chance?

All you are doing is making something your excuse not to face reality and it doesn't matter what it is, just so you have one...

Thanks for nothing, Dan.

Still don't want to provide details on what qualifies you as an expert....to the point you're becoming incoherent on the subject.

Stop wasting everybody's time.  You're becoming a laughingstock here.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #251 on: October 13, 2014, 09:16:05 pm »
In the entire history of man it has been proven over and over again that the thing most difficult for human beings to do is to face reality!

Yeah, falsely saying that someone else has claimed to be an expert and then giving definitive opinions while disavowing any expertise themselves.

Simply insane...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2014, 09:17:36 pm »
Thanks for nothing, Dan.

Still don't want to provide details on what qualifies you as an expert....to the point you're becoming incoherent on the subject.

Stop wasting everybody's time.  You're becoming a laughingstock here.

Again, people who don't want to face reality are saying I claimed to be an 'expert' despite the fact that never happened.  There's your incoherence.

Claiming to have a definitive opinion while having no experience yourself.  You're the laughingstock...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #253 on: October 13, 2014, 09:25:11 pm »
Again, people who don't want to face reality are saying I claimed to be an 'expert' despite the fact that never happened.  There's your incoherence.

Claiming to have a definitive opinion while having no experience yourself.  You're the laughingstock...

You are the one that claims everybody here on the thread is incorrect because they don't have YOUR experience.

"Experience" that you refuse to detail for us so that we can be enlightened in our errors.

You continue to evade. and instead attempt to turn it around to give yourself the moral high ground.

I don't give a sh*t if you've provided care for one hundred gay men who were dying of aids.  It doesn't mean a thing other than what you've chose to process between your ears.

Numerous fellow posters have gently tried to tell you in so many words that you're using...to be kind...a small sample size.

MEMO TO DAN!  Not all gay people are out-of-control sexual predators and 'whores'. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #254 on: October 13, 2014, 09:29:36 pm »
You are the one that claims everybody here on the thread is incorrect because they don't have YOUR experience.

"Experience" that you refuse to detail for us so that we can be enlightened in our errors.

You continue to evade. and instead attempt to turn it around to give yourself the moral high ground.

I don't give a sh*t if you've provided care for one hundred gay men who were dying of aids.  It doesn't mean a thing other than what you've chose to process between your ears.

Numerous fellow posters have gently tried to tell you in so many words that you're using...to be kind...a small sample size.

MEMO TO DAN!  Not all gay people are out-of-control sexual predators and 'whores'.

Again, arguing the exception to attempt to disprove the general rule is invalid.

Homosexuality is the moral low-ground.  Has been for all of recorded history and always will be.

The reason AIDS spread so fast in the gay community was promiscuity and drugs.

That hasn't changed and getting hysterical about it makes you look foolish...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2014, 09:35:17 pm »
Again, arguing the exception to attempt to disprove the general rule is invalid.

Homosexuality is the moral low-ground.  Has been for all of recorded history and always will be.

The reason AIDS spread so fast in the gay community was promiscuity and drugs.

That hasn't changed and getting hysterical about it makes you look foolish...
\

I am not disputing that reckless behavior was the reason AIDS spread throughout the gay culture and eventually to the hetero world.

My beef with you is that you used a broad brush in essentially saying that ALL gays are promiscuous and are virtually unchecked satyrs.

...and you know it.

PS:   Your moniker fits you perfectly, Dan.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:36:00 pm by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2014, 09:37:12 pm »
And....that's all I'm going to say on the matter.   :seeya:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2014, 09:38:05 pm »
\

I am not disputing that reckless behavior was the reason AIDS spread throughout the gay culture and eventually to the hetero world.

My beef with you is that you used a broad brush in essentially saying that ALL gays are promiscuous and are virtually unchecked satyrs.

...and you know it.

PS:   Your moniker fits you perfectly, Dan.   :laugh:

How many times have I said that arguing the exception in an attempt to disprove the general rule is invalid?

You are the one trying to attach false claims to me in an attempt to disprove the general rule,

... and you know it.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2014, 10:07:11 pm »
Very strange. Strange that anyone who cites experiences, however pertinent, is dismissed as "not knowing".  While the person making the declarative, absolute "rule" is unable or unwilling to defend the basis of the rule apart from some vague and nebulous "you don't know what it is like" comment. It has a troubled teenager quality to it.

Strange because I understand, intuitively, the seedy nature of a large part of the culture. But to argue it so stridently, without explaining the basis of the argument - even after repeated requests - is strange.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2014, 10:13:56 pm »
Very strange. Strange that anyone who cites experiences, however pertinent, is dismissed as "not knowing".  While the person making the declarative, absolute "rule" is unable or unwilling to defend the basis of the rule apart from some vague and nebulous "you don't know what it is like" comment. It has a troubled teenager quality to it.

Except that that's exactly what you are saying to me.  Your words can be reversed and apply perfectly to defenders of 'gay marriage' arguments to me.  In fact, I thought you had changed your mind when I first read them.

Strange because I understand, intuitively, the seedy nature of a large part of the culture. But to argue it so stridently, without explaining the basis of the argument - even after repeated requests - is strange.

If you understood the seedy nature of the overwhelming part of the culture, you would not require an explanation of the basis of the argument.

Truly strange...

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2014, 11:10:21 pm »
Well...it was a good thread.   **nononono*

I do believe that many of those who claim gay marriage doesn't in any way prevent promiscuity are doing so on religious grounds.  That's something no one can argue with, but they should simply "come out" as they say, and proclaim it!  Trying to argue a religious point of view against all the data in the world makes one look less than honest.  And even worse, suggesting it has anything to do with conservatism surely isn't realistic.

It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #261 on: October 13, 2014, 11:16:56 pm »

I'm surprised this subject matter is so intractable.  I thought of several wisecracks to insert along the way, but it seemed like a good way to get opposing people to unite in a circle and beat me to death with bamboo sticks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #262 on: October 13, 2014, 11:20:58 pm »
Seedy, unhealthy behavior among the gay sub-culture - yes.
Loyal, faithful, monogamous relationships among gays - yes.

John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #263 on: October 13, 2014, 11:24:09 pm »

It somehow turned when I jumped in... coincidence?  My first post of substance was met with a "you wouldn't understand, nor will you accept" response.  I was taken aback, quite honestly.
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #264 on: October 13, 2014, 11:26:27 pm »
I'm surprised this subject matter is so intractable.  I thought of several wisecracks to insert along the way, but it seemed like a good way to get opposing people to unite in a circle and beat me to death with bamboo sticks.

Well...bamboo isn't the only weapon available.

It's intractable because everyone isn't arguing on the basis of facts, but rather faith.  And there is no rational argument against faith.  You either believe it or you don't.  Others want to see the data about the issue and argue from that point of view.  I think you mentioned at one point that religious arguments on TOS were quite wild.  Did anyone ever win one?  Nor will they here.  It's much easier to argue government spending...well...maybe not too much easier.   :nometalk:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #265 on: October 13, 2014, 11:28:20 pm »
It somehow turned when I jumped in... coincidence?  My first post of substance was met with a "you wouldn't understand, nor will you accept" response.  I was taken aback, quite honestly.

Yeah it's all your faulty Lando!!!  Actually not, as that response had been used while you were in the woods.  :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #266 on: October 13, 2014, 11:35:48 pm »

It was this very topic that got me zotted at TOS.  Sinkspur tried to warn me off, but without even posting again, JR took me out.  I never 'felt' a thing.

And I too, was in the Class of '98.   :laugh:

It's crystal clear to me that GD has a strong opinion, based upon his religious upbringing.  I believe that's what Lando was also expressing in his puzzlement at his behavior on this thread.

Imagine if you will.  Many of here have homosexuals in our own family...in our workplace...and in our circle-of-influence.  They seem and act in a mature manner, and are not the least bit predatory or on the make.  According to Dan, those experiences and acquaintances are strictly the exception to the rule.

Yet, he doesn't have the balls to admit that his own firsthand experiences....as vague as they are to all of us...are based upon bible verses and Catechism classes, which have clouded his objectivity.

I have a friend who is a homosexual...and I never hesitated to have him babysit my children when they were younger.  He is the cleanest, tidiest, orderly and most gentle person I've known in my life.

And that goes for any of his personal friends that he's introduced me to over the years.

Awwww.....why I still wasting my time on this thread, is a mystery to me.    **nononono*

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #267 on: October 13, 2014, 11:36:53 pm »
I'm going back to the woods.
John Steinbeck

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2014, 11:46:27 pm »
Awwww.....why I still wasting my time on this thread, is a mystery to me.    **nononono*

Because you're the kind of guy who wears a white trench-coat and a Fedora, leans against a wall while smoking.  It's how you roll Sam Spade.  It's how it gets done.  Thanks for being here.  Oh me?  I'm just a nOOb.  Class of '98.  Called her a "wookie."  End of story.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:48:09 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #269 on: October 13, 2014, 11:47:36 pm »
I'm going back to the woods.

Don't forget your WiFi.   :nometalk:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2014, 11:48:49 pm »
Called her a "wookie."  End of story.

LOL!  :beer:
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #271 on: October 13, 2014, 11:50:00 pm »
Because you're the kind of guy who wears a white trench-coat and a Fedora, leans against a wall while smoking.  It's how you roll Sam Spade.  It's how it gets done.  Thanks for being here.  Oh me?  I'm just a nOOb.  Class of '98.  Called her a "wookie."  End of story.

DCP has a great avatar!
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #272 on: October 13, 2014, 11:53:40 pm »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2014, 11:53:50 pm »
I do believe that many of those who claim gay marriage doesn't in any way prevent promiscuity are doing so on religious grounds. 

I think in this case, it is more complex.  Just my sense. 
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2014, 12:06:11 am »
I think in this case, it is more complex.  Just my sense.

Your sense is right.  There are many non-religious people who instinctively understand that something is awry in a homosexual relationship.  I believe to place the onus on "religion" is to miss the complexity of social mores that transcend religious beliefs.

FWIW, I'm one of the only people on this thread who is arguing essentially, but not entirely with GD, and he is, to my knowledge, the only one on this forum who finds me so offensive that he has put me on "Ignore."

Weird, eh?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.