Author Topic: Huckabee: GOP Needs To Fight Gay Marriage Even More Or I'm Leaving  (Read 20061 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Huckabee: GOP Needs To Fight Gay Marriage Even More Or I'm Leaving
« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2014, 12:49:24 am »
Another cannonball?
That was my job, in another place, but I chose to forgo that task here..you understand....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #201 on: October 13, 2014, 01:25:32 am »
I agree with most of what you said, but if you want to test the sodomy laws, rape some guy with a broomstick and see what they charge you with.

Rape, assault, or some other violent crime including forcible sodomy.   But there are no sodomy laws involving consenting adults to the best of my knowledge.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2014, 01:32:52 am »
It is fascinating how so many ardent privacy advocates - on both sides of the political spectrum - are so quick to throw everyone else's privacy away when their preferred oxen are at risk of being gored.

I sense most of us at some time ('cept me of course)...are guilty as charged!  88devil

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2014, 01:33:13 am »
Rape, assault, or some other violent crime including forcible sodomy.   But there are no sodomy laws involving consenting adults to the best of my knowledge.

Nope!  You pretty much have that all cleaned out of the way.  Good sailing.  You asked, I answered in the only matter I could, and you're on your own.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2014, 01:34:51 am »

Maybe so, but that's just because I wasn't around to wreck things!  :silly:

Never too late!   :beer:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2014, 01:37:51 am »
Never too late!   :beer:

...don't encourage him..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MACVSOG68

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2014, 02:41:27 am »
Just curious Once-Ler.  Do you think that heterosexual objection to homosexual behavior is part of that destructive lifestyle?  IOW, if left alone, and allowed to engage openly in this lifestyle, do you think it's possible for whatever destructiveness you see, to diminish?

I think it is part of the equation even if one believes society is wrong for condemning homosexuality.  Right or wrong the world is what it is.

The oldest of my flock got married last summer to a beautiful woman and soul.  He has found his mate and it brings me joy.

If he had married a man I would love him just as much, but I don't know that I could be happy for the choice he made.
I would worry of the reaction of family and community, not whether they should react.  Matthew Shepard.

Many think the war for gay "equality" is over and the gays won.  I have no way to predict if heterosexual opposition to homosexuality will increase or lessen over time.  Homosexuals have enjoyed times of tolerance and persecution through out recorded history.  We could see a rise of Christian activism in the wake of many states changing their laws to support gay marriage.

Another AIDS like disease could result in a backlash by heterosexuals.  The children of 2 moms or dads may have a different story to tell than the Bravo channel.   

As a follow-on, since the AIDS epidemic is in part linked to homosexual behavior, do you think that encouragement of monogamous relationships among the homosexual community would be beneficial, given that underground or above-ground, homosexuality isn't going to be curbed?

Wow.  That is an interesting take.  If one takes the position that government does and should promote healthy and beneficial conduct then encouraging monogamy in the gay community could be seen as way to prevent the spread of diseases that transmit easily through anal sex.  On the other hand monogamy does nothing to promote the creation of tomorrows tax payers.   

I'll have to ponder it further.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2014, 02:53:54 am »

Wow.  That is an interesting take.  If one takes the position that government does and should promote healthy and beneficial conduct then encouraging monogamy in the gay community could be seen as way to prevent the spread of diseases that transmit easily through anal sex.  On the other hand monogamy does nothing to promote the creation of tomorrows tax payers.   

Ah, ah, ah!!!  Hold on there!  Anal sex is legal now, so you can't say that about it....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2014, 03:07:04 am »
Uh...without getting into definitions, I believe sodomy laws were ended in the US with Lawrence v Texas.  STDs are transmitted in various ways, and of course, through intercourse.  Education rather than laws is the most effective deterrent to STDs.  Privacy is a right, though many don't believe it, but given the growth of the NSA, I suspect fewer today disagree with that than earlier on.  I do believe the moral compass has a place in churches and family living rooms...but not in the bedrooms of adults.

Actually, being in a monogamous relationship or avoiding promiscuity when you're not in a monogamous relationship is the best way to avoid most (if not all) STD's.

One could make a strong argument that AIDS was the symptom of the disease of blatant promiscuity since it eventually spread itself beyond the homosexual community.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2014, 03:12:14 am »
Ah, ah, ah!!!  Hold on there!  Anal sex is legal now, so you can't say that about it....

IIRC, the lead up to Lawrence began when Texas legislators decided to downgrade the States' long-standing sodomy law and made only same-sex sodomy illegal. That meant that if a police officer walked into a room and a Texas State Senator was sodomizing his female secretary on the same bed as the male Lieutenant Governor was sodomizing his male press attache, only two people on that bed would be arrested for committing a crime and the officer would apologize to the other two for disturbing their privacy.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2014, 11:48:35 am »
Actually, being in a monogamous relationship or avoiding promiscuity when you're not in a monogamous relationship is the best way to avoid most (if not all) STD's.

One could make a strong argument that AIDS was the symptom of the disease of blatant promiscuity since it eventually spread itself beyond the homosexual community.

Couldn't agree more Luis.  On this thread, it's been my main argument that monogamous gay relationships should be encouraged, not legislated against.  Same goes for hetero-relationships.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2014, 01:19:08 pm »
Couldn't agree more Luis.  On this thread, it's been my main argument that monogamous gay relationships should be encouraged, not legislated against.  Same goes for hetero-relationships.

Exactly....and to suggest that homosexuals are incapable of monogamy is, well,....NUTZ!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2014, 01:37:21 pm »
Once-Ler wrote: 

Many think the war for gay "equality" is over and the gays won.  I have no way to predict if heterosexual opposition to homosexuality will increase or lessen over time.  Homosexuals have enjoyed times of tolerance and persecution through out recorded history.  We could see a rise of Christian activism in the wake of many states changing their laws to support gay marriage.

You may be right.  I wouldn't expect something that's been an issue one way or another for millennia to go away.  But I can only hope it won't be a significant political issue, as it would be one more problem that could isolate the GOP even more from the mainstream than its internal disputes are already doing.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2014, 01:40:52 pm »

You can 'encourage' it all you want, it ain't going to happen...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2014, 01:49:24 pm »
You can 'encourage' it all you want, it ain't going to happen...

Not in any group that you're personally participating, perhaps...but as I've said previously, "it's a big country out there!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2014, 01:52:49 pm »
Not in any group that you're personally participating, perhaps...but as I've said previously, "it's a big country out there!"

Congrats on narrowing your definition of success down to complete irrelevance...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2014, 01:59:22 pm »
Sigh... :shrug:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2014, 02:07:08 pm »
Sigh... :shrug:

Exactly... you guys don't have any experience with the issue, yet are willing to believe a complete fairy-tale (pun intended)...

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2014, 02:26:42 pm »
Exactly... you guys don't have any experience with the issue, yet are willing to believe a complete fairy-tale (pun intended)...

So regardless of what your particular experience is, what makes you the expert over the entire homosexual community?  Some things seem to be axiomatic, such as a monogamous relationship spreads less disease than does a promiscuous one. 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2014, 02:30:19 pm »
So regardless of what your particular experience is, what makes you the expert over the entire homosexual community?  Some things seem to be axiomatic, such as a monogamous relationship spreads less disease than does a promiscuous one.

You can ignore those who have more experience than yourself and believe anything you want.

But you are assuming that gays place less disease ahead of multiple-partners and they do not.  The lifestyle is multiple, anonymous sexual encounters for the thrill of it.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2014, 02:42:28 pm »
You can ignore those who have more experience than yourself and believe anything you want.

But you are assuming that gays place less disease ahead of multiple-partners and they do not.  The lifestyle is multiple, anonymous sexual encounters for the thrill of it.

With all due respect, I actually don't ignore those with more experience than I have, even if I disagree with them. But simply because someone sets himself out as an expert doesn't make it so, or to put it another way, "empty assertions aren't convincing".  It's a fallacious argument called "The appeal to anonymous authority". 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #222 on: October 13, 2014, 02:59:40 pm »
With all due respect, I actually don't ignore those with more experience than I have, even if I disagree with them. But simply because someone sets himself out as an expert doesn't make it so, or to put it another way, "empty assertions aren't convincing".  It's a fallacious argument called "The appeal to anonymous authority".

As opposed to your appeal to personal belief with no experience?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2014, 03:09:44 pm »

Perhaps I missed it Dan - and I don't mean this as an "in your face" challenge -  but I haven't seen the back-up to your self professed expertise/experience. 

I suspect each of us have had some degree of exposure to the culture we are discussing.  For example, I have a friend who left his wife and kids for his same-sex lover.  It devastated the family but they have since recovered and have accepted the situation.  My wife and I took in the daughter for a time while she was working through her new reality.  She now has a special relationship with her father and his friend. 

That is just one example.  Does it depart from the prurient behavior that that culture can exhibit?  Certainly.  But the two guys are career professionals who live in the quintessential neighborhood. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #224 on: October 13, 2014, 03:13:48 pm »
As opposed to your appeal to personal belief with no experience?

Do I have to be gay to have an opinion on monogamy?