Author Topic: Nebraska Schools Ban Term ‘Boys And Girls’, Train Teachers To Avoid ‘Gendered Expressions’  (Read 1734 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/nebraska-schools-ban-term-boys-and-girls-train-teachers-to-avoid-gendered-expressions

(by Steve Watson, Infowars) -- In what is possibly one of the most unsettling examples of political correctness, schools in Lincoln Nebraska are training teachers to completely disavow gender, and avoid referring to pupils as ‘boys and girls’.

Liberty minded Independent news website Nebraska Watchdog uncovered the documents. In one handout, entitled “12 easy steps on the way to gender inclusiveness” teachers are advised to “Avoid asking kids to line up as boys or girls or separating them by gender.”

“Instead, use things like ‘odd and even birth date,’ or ‘Which would you choose: skateboards or bikes/milk or juice/dogs or cats/summer or winter/talking or listening.’ … Always ask yourself, ’Will this configuration create a gendered space?’” the material states.

“Don’t use phrases such as ‘boys & girls,’ ‘you guys,’ ‘ladies and gentlemen,’ and similarly gendered expressions to get kids’ attention,” it continues, before providing further utterly ludicrous suggestions such as ‘campers,’ ‘readers,’ athletes’ or even ‘purple penguins’.

The material then gets downright weird, stating “Provide an opportunity for every student to identify a preferred name or pronoun. … When you find it necessary to reference gender, say ‘Boy, girl, both or neither.’”

In wording that wouldn’t look out of place in Aldous Huxley’s fictional dystopia Brave New World, the material even tells teachers how to respond if and when children question why they should avoid terms that identify gender.

“When asked why, use this as a teachable moment. Emphasize to students that your classroom recognizes and celebrates the gender diversity of all students.” the material urges.

The documents use material from a website called itspronouncedmetrosexual.com, a self described “comedy show and online resource about snap judgments, identity, and oppression.”

While on the surface it appears to promote gender equality, it doesn’t take much digging to discover that in reality the site promotes ‘gender neutrality’ – a bizarre politically correct concept that asserts there are no differences at all between male and female human beings.

In an info-graphic, produced by the website and used by Lincoln schools, a traditional ‘Gingerbread man’ is replaced with a ‘Genderbread person’.

The description of the image (click to enlarge) reads “Gender is one of those things everyone thinks they understand, but most people don’t.”

“It’s not either/or,” the handout continues, “In many cases it’s both/and. A bit of this, a dash of that.” The document, which is designed to be handed out to kids, encourages the reader to define their gender based on how much they align with “what you understand to be the options for gender” such as “two-spirit” and “gender/queer.”

Elsewhere in the documents used by teachers in Lincoln is a handout that defines “gender identity” as “a psychological quality; unlike biological sex, it can’t be observed or measured, only reported by the individual. Like biological sex, it consists of more than two categories, including those who identify as a third gender, two-spirit (both), or agender (neither).”

The material also encourages teachers to shape the minds of children by sharing “personal anecdotes from your own life that reflect gender inclusiveness. Even better, share examples when you were not gender inclusive in your thinking, words or behaviors, what you learned as a result, and what you will do differently next time.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Oh sweet LORD, I've lived too long.

8888crybaby
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

Oh sweet LORD, I've lived too long.

8888crybaby

Come quickly, LORD!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

Social engineers have lost their *insert expletive here* minds. What a waste of time designing solutions to problems that are either miniscule or nonexistent or just none of the state's business.

Offline mountaineer

Always ask yourself, ’Will this configuration create a gendered space?’” the material states.
You know, I ask myself that very question all the time! Do I want iced tea or Diet Coke? Which might create a gendered space?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

You know, mountaineer, I guess I must be slow on the uptake. With my advanced degrees I still can't understand any of the gibberish coming out of the education establishment. What the heck are they talking about?

Offline andy58-in-nh

Gender is a demonstrable characteristic of life, from the genetic level to the morphological. It is objective reality, impervious to perception. Among animals, only human beings possess the capacity to choose whether to obey their conscious minds, or to deny them. People who choose to evade or reject reality frequently engage in inventive psychological exercises whose purpose is instantly defensive of need, but always in the end, self-destructive.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline aligncare

Cool. That would've been my conclusion, too.  :laugh:

Offline musiclady

Gender is a demonstrable characteristic of life, from the genetic level to the morphological. It is objective reality, impervious to perception. Among animals, only human beings possess the capacity to choose whether to obey their conscious minds, or to deny them. People who choose to evade or reject reality frequently engage in inventive psychological exercises whose purpose is instantly defensive of need, but always in the end, self-destructive.

Well said!

(As always!)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

One other thing. Denying biology is counterproductive. Accepting the distinct abilities (differences) of men and women is how we got here. Men and women are not simple humanoids with interchangeable parts.

You are exactly right, Andy, our brains and bodies are built differently.  We are male and female of a species. And I say, vive la différence!

Offline aligncare

Oh, this must be that newfangled field of gender studies. I wonder where a BS degree can get you with that under your belt? Never mind. Designing teacher training, no doubt.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
This is about grooming children for the sexual predators who think the legalization of their perversion if near.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Charlespg

:silly: :silly:

will somebody please horsewhip these dammed idiots
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline alicewonders

Oh, this must be that newfangled field of gender studies. I wonder where a BS degree can get you with that under your belt? Never mind. Designing teacher training, no doubt.

It's also a resume enhancement for being named director of a Federal agency.

Offline mountaineer

It's also a resume enhancement for being named director of a Federal agency.
just about every one of Zero's appointees is of indeterminable gender, it seems.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Welcome to the 'new world', where boys are really girls and girls are really boys. Orwell was being timid according to what these Leftist jokers have in mind.

So, when I buy my girl flowers and a diamond bracelet, am I insulting her? Am I assaulting her? by recognizing her gender.

When I kiss her gently on the cheek, and tell her she is beautiful and that I love her, is that now a crime?

What are these people doing? What is the point?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

Welcome to the 'new world', where boys are really girls and girls are really boys. Orwell was being timid according to what these Leftist jokers have in mind.

So, when I buy my girl flowers and a diamond bracelet, am I insulting her? Am I assaulting her? by recognizing her gender.

When I kiss her gently on the cheek, and tell her she is beautiful and that I love her, is that now a crime?

GOD is order - Evil is chaos. 

They are making chaos.

Offline Millee

Are there still girl's and boy's bathrooms?????   :shrug:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Ok. I get it.

So from now on, when I meet a woman, I'm going to give her an overly agressive hard handshake. Then I will fart and laugh too loud. Then I will put the game on and give her a big high five, and toss her a cold brew.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

I guess that makes us all "it's"... geezzzz

Offline andy58-in-nh

What they are doing is deconstructing Western culture, by attacking its social institutions, denying its values and inverting its behavioral norms. The point is to deny reality and evade personal responsibility.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

What they are doing is deconstructing Western culture, by attacking its social institutions, denying its values and inverting its behavioral norms. The point is to deny reality and evade personal responsibility.

It is all self defeating. You cannot 'fight' biological facts. You cannot 'fight' simple reality. They are determined to try. Let them proceed. It will fail.

There is an ultimate power which we all live in. Those who oppose this natural flow are ultimately swept away by it.

Call it God. Call it 'nature'. Call it anything you want. A molecule of water does not exist because it wants to or 'has to'. A molecule of water exists only because it obeys the rules. That is why it is.

When the molecule of water starts changing the rules, then there is a problem. The electron says, "I don't want to be negative." The proton says,"I don't want to be positive."

And then we go nuclear, and that is the end of that.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Are there still girl's and boy's bathrooms?????   :shrug:

Not for much longer....   ;)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Andy wrote above:
[[ What they are doing is deconstructing Western culture, by attacking its social institutions, denying its values and inverting its behavioral norms. The point is to deny reality and evade personal responsibility. ]]
(emphasis mine)

Again, the quote from Ms. Rand (very appropriate here):
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality"