Author Topic: Jesse Jackson To Discuss Ebola In South Dallas  (Read 914 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jesse Jackson To Discuss Ebola In South Dallas
« on: October 07, 2014, 02:02:05 pm »
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/07/jesse-jackson-to-discuss-ebola-in-south-dallas/

Jesse Jackson To Discuss Ebola In South Dallas
October 7, 2014 6:05 AM
Stephanie Lucero

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Rev. Jesse Jackson is traveling to Dallas on Tuesday to discuss Ebola concerns with pastors and community leaders in the southern part of the city. His plane is scheduled to arrive from Chicago shortly before 9:00 a.m. at DFW International Airport. Jackson is then expected to spend his entire day in North Texas.

From the airport, Jackson is set to meet with community members at South Dallas Cafe, located in Oak Cliff. Longtime community leader Winsor Barbee said Tuesday morning, “What he is going to do is meet with the southern Dallas pastors and community leaders so they can go back to their churches and community organizations with information on the Ebola virus.”

Barbee said that Jackson wants to be sure that south Dallas residents were receiving proper Ebola information. “A lot of times,” she explained, “the information is the last to get there. A lot of times, they are the most unaware of what’s going on.”

Rev Jesse Jackson Sr @RevJJackson
Follow

Upon request of family of #ThomasEricDuncan, going to #Dallas to bring comfort& to seek best humanitarian relief America has to offer. #Tues
7:46 PM - 6 Oct 2014

During his time in the area, Jackson also hopes to meet with the family members of Ebola patient Thomas Duncan, and Duncan’s doctors at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. Duncan remains in critical condition at the hospital. Family members said that they are very worried about Duncan’s chances for survival.

“He’s not doing so good right now,” said nephew Josephus Weeks. “Just worried and praying to God that he makes it.”

It has been one week since laboratory tests confirmed the first case of the Ebola virus diagnosed in the United States. Doctors are giving Duncan an experimental anti-virus drug in hopes of keeping the man alive.

Meanwhile, crews on Monday finished decontaminating the apartment unit where Duncan had been staying prior to being admitted to the hospital for treatment. A group of trucks hauled away drums containing the potentially hazardous materials — everything including furniture and carpeting from that apartment unit. The contents of those drums will be destroyed.

Now, residents in the Vickery Meadow community, where Duncan was staying, are concerned about their immediate future. Ebola fears prompted one neighborhood to cancel a National Night Out event which had been scheduled for Tuesday evening. Residents are instead encouraged to meet in much smaller groups to discuss their Ebola concerns.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Jesse Jackson To Discuss Ebola In South Dallas
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 02:17:08 pm »
You know, I used to be a fortuneteller (really) - and I'm now going to draw upon my fortunetelling skills to tell you what Jackson is going to say.

"Ebola was invented by white folks - to kill black folks."

You're welcome.  You don't need to send me any money.   :smokin:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 02:32:55 pm »
“What he is going to do is meet with the southern Dallas pastors and community leaders so they can go back to their churches and community organizations with information on the Ebola virus.”

So JJ is also a medical doctor and expert on ebola?  The guy is really talented...  :nometalk:

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 04:23:59 pm »
now ebola is a race thing officially.  :chairbang:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 05:01:01 pm »
There is an LA based radio show by Tim Conway, Jr. called "What in the hell did Jesse Jackson say?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voj-ZAjIraA

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 05:47:06 pm »
There is an LA based radio show by Tim Conway, Jr. called "What in the hell did Jesse Jackson say?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voj-ZAjIraA
does Tim still do that bit???? I used to listen to KFI daily. that bit was hilarious.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 06:02:18 pm »
does Tim still do that bit???? I used to listen to KFI daily. that bit was hilarious.
Yes, still on once a week I believe.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 06:20:00 pm »
Yes, still on once a week I believe.
Tim is funny.