Author Topic: Pigs Go Airborne  (Read 218 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Pigs Go Airborne
« on: October 07, 2014, 08:05:35 am »
October 7, 2014
Pigs Go Airborne
By James Longstreet

I saw a few pigs fly by my office window, so I knew something was up.

I don’t watch Bill Maher, by intelligent choice, but when I went to my news sources, I was soon inundated with clips from his "debate" with Ben Affleck.

Poor Ben.  He thinks he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express or that he is a political analyst because he played one...somewhere.

Bill Maher, of all people, took a moment to point out liberal hypocrisy.  Many of us have been doing that for years, but it was some type of watershed to hear Bill explain to the audience, and ostensibly to Mr. Affleck, that to stand for some things and then embrace a religion that is diametrically opposed to those same points is a non sequitur.  Applause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN52CP2_F0U

Maher made the following points.  He explained, correctly, that the liberal stance on many social issues is in direct conflict with Islam.  Liberals (and yes, Bill, even some conservatives) believe that people should be able to worship as they see fit, that they may change religions without punishment, and that gay marriage, freedom of speech, and personal liberties such as dress and food consumption are up to the individual.  Maher then made the point, and launched the pork, when he chided liberals for not having a serious complaint and intense objection to a religion that denies all those points – points that liberals (and even some conservatives, Bill) stand for.

Welcome is Bill Maher to the sport of pointing out illogical and contradicting liberal positions.  (Bill could have also noted that Muslims do not care for pigs in flight).  Maybe this is the beginning of a trend.  And it is likely that Dennis Miller’s premonition that Ben is a “shoe in” for political office in the proper blue-state election will be dead on.

Read more: http://americanthinker.com/2014/10/pigs_go_airborne.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pigs Go Airborne
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 08:09:32 am »

It's strange...as BOR stated on his show last evening...that Affleck would take this position, getting all worked up so much, seeing as he competed a movie ARGO, back in 2012.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1024648/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_7

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Pigs Go Airborne
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 12:55:44 pm »
It's strange...as BOR stated on his show last evening...that Affleck would take this position, getting all worked up so much, seeing as he competed a movie ARGO, back in 2012.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1024648/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_7

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't think Affleck actually READS his movie scripts - he just memorizes the words phonetically. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!