Author Topic: Over Two Million Pilgrims Arrive at Mecca for Hajj  (Read 1315 times)

rangerrebew

Over Two Million Pilgrims Arrive at Mecca for Hajj
« on: October 05, 2014, 01:29:22 pm »

Over Two Million Pilgrims Arrive at Mecca for Hajj

Muslim pilgrims pray around the holy Kaaba at the Grand Mosque, during the annual hajj pilgrimage in Mecca September 27, 2014. (Photo: REUTERS/Muhammad Hamed)

Published 3 October 2014

This year's pilgrimage is marked by the participation of four Arabic nations on the anti-IS coalition and Ebola threats.

Hajj, the annual Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca, gathered close to two million believers on a vast plain in Saudi Arabia on Friday, the largest Islamic in the world, summoning hundreds of thousands of pilgrims at Arafat mount to a huge white tent city that accommodates each and every one of them.

The pilgrim’s clothing covers the of Mount Mercy hill in white, as they walk with umbrellas to protect from the sun rays at the place where ProPhet Mohammed made his final sermon 14 centuries ago.

The white on their clothes symbolizes a state of purity and emphasizes unity, although they come from very different backgrounds or nationalities.

"Sometimes we have difficulties understanding each others' languages, and mostly the elderly can't understand what we are saying," said Ali al-Shemmari, a soldier stationed at the hill.

"The pilgrims believe that they should climb up, although this is not necessary... But things are going well," he said.

This year's pilgrimage comes just after five arab nations accorded to join the United States led coalition to fight Islamic State rebel militias and the atrocities through which they have seized Iraqi and Syrian territories.

Nigerian pilgrims were allowed into Saudi Arabia despite the Ebola threat, although the three most affected West African countries were denied hajj visas to prevent any possibility of the disease spreading.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Over-Two-Million-Pilgrims-Arrive-at-Mecca-for-Hajj-20141003-0033.html
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:30:05 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Over Two Million Pilgrims Arrive at Mecca for Hajj
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 01:34:00 pm »
That is what we call a 'target rich' environment.

Nuke that place now and we will rid ourselves of 99% of the world's problems.

They would do it to us, without hesitation. and then laugh and brag about it.

until we meet the enemy on his own terms, we are lost. And they know this.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:36:17 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 02:16:06 pm »

How do you have the gall to accuse other people of being extremists and terrorists when your own solution would be to drop nukes and kill everybody?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 03:05:08 pm »

:beer:

My first thought!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 03:16:48 pm »
How do you have the gall to accuse other people of being extremists and terrorists when your own solution would be to drop nukes and kill everybody?

What other solution is there Dex?  Any attacks we carry out are in RESPONSE to attacks on us.  We're not initiating - we're defending - and we're defending against an enemy who is evil to the core and has absolutely no morals or conscience to guide them.  It's survival, pure and simple. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 03:37:18 pm »
What other solution is there Dex?  Any attacks we carry out are in RESPONSE to attacks on us.  We're not initiating - we're defending - and we're defending against an enemy who is evil to the core and has absolutely no morals or conscience to guide them.  It's survival, pure and simple.

Have a fleet of tankers drop pig blood and parts on them. 8888forgot

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 03:51:37 pm »
The Hajj in perspective. See the tiny little black dot in the middle. That is the building that houses the black rock they worship. Usually you see it in close up pictures but the scope of the entire complex, including the Makkah Clock Royal Tower Hotel (one of the largest buildings in the world) owned by Fairmont Hotels.
They actually leveled an entire mountain to build it. Here is the rub. It is a strict no fly zone and non-Muslim westerners aren't even allowed in the city. You have to go through a strict review and approval process just to be allowed in the city for the Hajj. It is a major economic source for the Saudis. Disrupting that would put  a world of hurt on them, almost as much as disrupting oil revenues.

Offline evadR

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 04:26:31 pm »
I'd be all for the "target rich" scenario IF I thought it would solve anything. Not with nukes but a strategic encirclement.
These people are just the ignorant masses. If you kill 2 million, that still leaves well over a billion.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 06:27:16 pm »

I do not tolerate Muslims at all. I do not hide it and am very open about it. Muslims can all go straight to hell.

Anyone who supports or "tolerates" Islam is freakin' insane. It is the most heinous, murderous, brutal, intolerant, philosophy on Earth. The only good thing about it is that Muslims kill dozens of fellow Muslims for every one 'infidel' that happen to rape, torture, and murder.

I've been there. I am not like the idiot Hollywood/D.C. liberals. I have lived with these guys and have seen them up close and for real, and there is no limit to their insane barbarism. They will kill their own wife, mother, or even their own children, for no reason at all. They are inhuman.

Eventually it is going to come down to us killing them, or them killing us. They say this themselves openly and proudly. There is no such thing as "getting along" with Muslims. It does not work. It never has since the pedophile murderous freak Muhammed invented the damned thing.

Either you kill them or they kill you. That is their law, not mine.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 11:38:19 pm »

Offline Dexter

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 12:59:00 am »

They haven't made a successful attack on United States soil in 13 years, and that attack 13 years ago killed a little over 3,000 people. We have lost more soldiers retaliating to that strike than they killed civilians, not to mention the countless innocent civilians that have been killed over there. You also need to consider the war in Iraq that never should have happened in the first place. They can talk all they want, and the media can over-hype it and beat the war drums all they want, but the fact of the matter is there is no reason to believe that we are in significant danger of a massive terrorist attack. We are not defending ourselves at this point, and to claim such is kind of absurd. They want us out of their affairs completely, and I'm inclined to agree with them on that. If we took a step back and tended to our own problems I am thoroughly convinced that the danger of an organized terrorist attack would go down. I've already stated my opinions on Islam and what we should do, but nobody here seems to agree.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 01:05:51 am by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 01:41:45 am »
Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 02:06:42 am »

I do not tolerate Muslims at all. I do not hide it and am very open about it. Muslims can all go straight to hell.

Anyone who supports or "tolerates" Islam is freakin' insane. It is the most heinous, murderous, brutal, intolerant, philosophy on Earth. The only good thing about it is that Muslims kill dozens of fellow Muslims for every one 'infidel' that happen to rape, torture, and murder.

I've been there. I am not like the idiot Hollywood/D.C. liberals. I have lived with these guys and have seen them up close and for real, and there is no limit to their insane barbarism. They will kill their own wife, mother, or even their own children, for no reason at all. They are inhuman.

Eventually it is going to come down to us killing them, or them killing us. They say this themselves openly and proudly. There is no such thing as "getting along" with Muslims. It does not work. It never has since the pedophile murderous freak Muhammed invented the damned thing.

Either you kill them or they kill you. That is their law, not mine.

...what you said... :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline evadR

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 03:41:41 am »
"They haven't made a successful attack on United States soil in 13 years,..."

Well, I can assure you that it hasn't been for a lack of trying.

I can also assure you that if we continue on our present course of appeasement, they WILL hit us and it will make 9-11 look like child's play.

It is beyond the absurd to think that we can reason with these savages.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline flowers

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 05:05:36 pm »
They haven't made a successful attack on United States soil in 13 years, and that attack 13 years ago killed a little over 3,000 people. We have lost more soldiers retaliating to that strike than they killed civilians, not to mention the countless innocent civilians that have been killed over there. You also need to consider the war in Iraq that never should have happened in the first place. They can talk all they want, and the media can over-hype it and beat the war drums all they want, but the fact of the matter is there is no reason to believe that we are in significant danger of a massive terrorist attack. We are not defending ourselves at this point, and to claim such is kind of absurd. They want us out of their affairs completely, and I'm inclined to agree with them on that. If we took a step back and tended to our own problems I am thoroughly convinced that the danger of an organized terrorist attack would go down. I've already stated my opinions on Islam and what we should do, but nobody here seems to agree.

What about Fort Hood and Boston?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 06:33:42 pm »

We're supposed to pretend those things didn't happen.

(Incidentally, those aren't the only two).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 06:39:34 pm »

(Incidentally, those aren't the only two).
I know, those were the only two I could think of at the time.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 07:40:30 pm »
I know, those were the only two I could think of at the time.

They're two biggies. 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Dexter

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 08:12:47 pm »

I wasn't aware that those two relatively small attacks were organized and carried out by Middle Eastern extremists. It was my understanding that those two Russian brothers and the soldier from Puerto Rico were working independently. :pondering: Even if the attacks had been carried out by Middle Eastern extremists, no amount of aggression in the Middle East would have stopped it. Killing more people over there and sticking our hands in their affairs is only going to foster more hatred towards the U.S and make an attack more likely. There is no good way to defend against small scale sneak attacks from nut jobs working independently.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:44:07 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 09:06:51 pm »
I'd be all for the "target rich" scenario IF I thought it would solve anything. Not with nukes but a strategic encirclement.
These people are just the ignorant masses. If you kill 2 million, that still leaves well over a billion.

Meanwhile, my guess is the Russians have the porta potty concession.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 01:47:26 am »
I wasn't aware that those two relatively small attacks were organized and carried out by Middle Eastern extremists. It was my understanding that those two Russian brothers and the soldier from Puerto Rico were working independently. :pondering: Even if the attacks had been carried out by Middle Eastern extremists, no amount of aggression in the Middle East would have stopped it. Killing more people over there and sticking our hands in their affairs is only going to foster more hatred towards the U.S and make an attack more likely. There is no good way to defend against small scale sneak attacks from nut jobs working independently.

I believe the discussion concerns Islamic extremism, not just confined to the ME.

By your definition, if it doesn't originate in the ME, it can't be Islamic terrorism.

Not so.

Major Nadal Hassan is an Islamic terrorist and what he did was clearly terrorism here on American soil.  Same with the Tsarnaev brothers.

That makes your statement incorrect.