Author Topic: Does this video prove Jahi McMath is NOT brain dead? Family release clip showing the 13-year-old moving her foot on command - claiming it proves she's still alive  (Read 513 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2781165/Family-brain-dead-Jahi-McMath-release-video-showing-13-year-old-moving-command-claiming-proves-s-alive.html

The family of brain-dead teen Jahi McMath have released videos which they say prove she's still alive.

In the two clips released on Friday, the 13-year-old is seen lying in her bed at a New Jersey hospital, moving on command.

In one clip, her mother, Nailah Winkfield, asks her to move her leg and the girl's foot jerks in reaction. In the other clip, her mother asks her to move her arm, and the girl's hand grips an object before relaxing.

McMath's family have been fighting with the state of California ever since December, when the girl was declared brain-dead following a routine tonsil surgery at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital in Oakland, California.

Offline flowers

I can never get the DM videos to work for me. Can anyone tell me if it looks like she is moving on her own or just a twitch?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It could be a twitch, but it's kind of hard to tell. It was slow, and it appears (at least to me) to be deliberate.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

It could be a twitch, but it's kind of hard to tell. It was slow, and it appears (at least to me) to be deliberate.
Thanks.....found the video at the youtube. Same here it does look deliberate.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
What if the body "spasms" every few minutes? Go in, say "move" and soon thereafter, she "moves."

Could it be that brain death is not a simple binomial issue, a "0" or a "1" for dead or alive?

I don't presume to know the biology, science, chemistry, medicine about it all.

In the case of my family, and my wife's family, we don't intend on leaving people on ventilators and feeding tubes to keep them "alive."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln