Author Topic: LENA DUNHAM TWEETS EXCUSES FOR HER ALLEGED-RAPIST: NOT A 'CLEAR CUT VILLAIN'  (Read 3647 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: LENA DUNHAM: I WAS RAPED BY A 'CAMPUS REPUBLICAN'
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 07:58:51 pm »
Maybe so, but you could say that someone who says men are 'vehicles of sperm' with an 'element of humor' was looking for a reason to be offended.

And then telling us what a wonderful person we just 'lost' because our comments are 'condescending'?

Oh well...

Trust me Dan - "vehicles of sperm" is much cleaned up from what women REALLY say when men aren't around!   :silly:   :silly:   :silly:

Seriously, I hope she reconsiders and comes back.  I think she's got potential. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 08:02:57 pm »
Trust me Dan - "vehicles of sperm" is much cleaned up from what women REALLY say when men aren't around!

Now my wife tells me I should hear all the wonderful things she says about me when I'm not around!

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 08:14:40 pm »
Now my wife tells me I should hear all the wonderful things she says about me when I'm not around!

LOL!  I say the same wonderful things about my husband! 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 10:24:10 pm »
I didn't see what was so discouraging that it should set off our young "conservative." 

Well, as a libertarian leaning conservative, maybe I'm just obtuse. (At the very least, I have been called politically naïve)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 10:52:47 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/10/07/lena-dunham-my-republican-rapist-hurt-two-other-women

LENA DUNHAM: MY REPUBLICAN RAPIST HURT TWO OTHER WOMEN
by JOHN NOLTE  7 Oct 2014, 5:28 AM PDT

In her just-released memoir "Not That Kind of Girl," Lena Dunham describes her rape at the hands of a "mustachioed campus Republican" named Barry. In the same chapter she alleges that the following semester she learned that after Barry had sex with another girl named Julia, the "wall was spattered with blood … like a crime scene."

The next semester, after Barry is gone, my friend Melody tells me that once her friend Julia woke up the morning after sex with Barry, and the wall was spattered with blood. Spattered, she said, "like a crime scene." But he was nice, and he took her for the morning after pill and named the baby they weren't having.

She also says, "There was a story about him punching a girl in the boobs at a party."
That is two other women hurt by this Barry along with Dunham.

Dunham alleges that Barry's rape left her in enough pain and over a long enough period of time that she had to visit a doctor. The doctor confirmed that Dunham had been injured. "[The sex] must have been pretty rough," was the doctor's conclusion. At the time, Dunham says she didn't tell the doctor or anyone but her  best friend Audrey about the rape.

According to the timeline, Dunham was a 19 year-old student at Ohio's Oberlin College when the alleged rape occurred.  That would place the year of the incident sometime around 2005.

Dunham also claims that the alleged rape occurred on campus property -- a "college-owned apartment" is how she describes the setting.
The statute of limitations for rape in the state of Ohio is 20 years.

Although she has accused Barry of rape and seems to believe he was rough enough on another woman to leave a wall spattered with blood, and although she has only recently come to terms with the fact she was raped, Dunham has given no indication that she plans to go to the authorities.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2014, 12:14:37 am »
I'm sorry I clicked on this thread; 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.....................who in hell is Lena Dunham?
If I told you, I'd be wasting my time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2014, 09:36:53 am »
Oh ya, I was trying to be tongue in cheek about it. I know plenty of men who think with their brain and not their nads. You sound like one of them, and those are typically the kind of men I prefer to associate with.
(in best Gomer Pyle impersonation) Well, golly! *blushes*
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2014, 01:10:33 pm »
(in best Gomer Pyle impersonation) Well, golly! *blushes*

Just your luck Jimmy... she said she was leaving...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline evadR

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2014, 01:25:56 pm »
Wow. So, apologies if saying men are vehicles of sperm touched on the wrong nerves. There was supposed to be an element of humor.

Hey, if you guys ever wonder why conservatives are having such a tough time reaching out to women, look at these responses, right here. I'm telling you how most women feel: That men are more sex driven, and your responses are very condescending.

Good luck with that whole conservative revival thing.... You just lost a young, conservative, female poster on this site. I'm not seeing too many around here.

Briskirn: If you're this thin skinned, I suggest that in your search you try to find a site that is more sheltered. Apparently you are only looking for people to agree with you.
That's not how it usually works.
Good luck. Let us know how it works out.
Ps: I doubt that you particular views on this subject represents a majority or even a significant minority of young, middle aged or old conservatives.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:40:13 pm by evadR² »
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2014, 01:32:19 pm »
Briskin: If you're this thin skinned, I suggest that in your search you try to find a site that is more sheltered. Apparently you are only looking for people to agree with you.
That's not how it usually works.

I think she was just trolling, looking for a reaction and left when it didn't happen.

Geez, I must be gettin old and cynical...

Offline evadR

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2014, 01:39:21 pm »
I'm sorry I clicked on this thread; 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.....................who in hell is Lena Dunham?

Wow. So, apologies if saying men are vehicles of sperm touched on the wrong nerves. There was supposed to be an element of humor.

LOL..and NEVER take ANYTHING sink says personal.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2014, 01:47:26 pm »
LOL..and NEVER take ANYTHING sink says personal.

Exactly.  While she may have been a member for over a year, she obviously hasn't spent much time here...    :silly:

Offline evadR

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2014, 02:15:47 pm »
 "...a member for over a year"

wow. So, she's a veteran ^-^

C'mon back B, there's obviously a lot you need to learn and this board is a good place to start.

Offline Relic

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2014, 02:35:40 pm »
Maybe so, but you could say that someone who says men are 'vehicles of sperm' with an 'element of humor' was looking for a reason to be offended.

And then telling us what a wonderful person we just 'lost' because our comments are 'condescending'?

Oh well...

I agree.

Not that it matters to me. If someone cares to post, then they should learn to deal with the responses.

Offline evadR

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2014, 01:21:25 am »
I think she was just trolling, looking for a reaction and left when it didn't happen.

Geez, I must be gettin old and cynical...
Always a possibility, it is Troll season.

Offline briskirn

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 12:09:52 am »
"Maybe she was just trolling." "You've got a lot more to learn." Got it. Yes, not condescending at all.

Mystery-Ak wrote me a personal message on my email account, so I came back to read the replies.

Here's my background: I grew up in poverty in deep East Texas. I put myself through school, eventually earning an RN degree. Life took a few twists and turns, and I became very involved in the legislative processes of regulating healthcare in my area. I used to travel to Austin to attend stakeholder meetings, but I put that behind me about a year ago because I wanted to be back on staff. Currently I'm working in an ER, where I help people with suffering, chronic pain, death and dying on the daily. Today I own my own home, have savings, and am paying for my sister to go to college. So please don't accuse me of being thin skinned, sir.

And yes, I dare say there are many weaknesses in the conservative party. I like the way you put it, Alice, when you said liberals are more likely to think in groups than conservatives. Reagan was outstanding in that he could unite the conservatives, but that's another tangent. When I am not working, I am very involved in the arts and performance scene in Dallas. I perform regularly with a group of women. I went to a very liberal college, and artists tend to be very liberal. Wendy Davis has half the support as Greg Abbott in my state, but on my facebook, 4 times as many people on my friend's list have "liked" her page. As a result, I speak fluent liberal, and I know exactly what they think of conservatives.

In fact, until I was about 24, I was liberal. I was apathetic, and I did not vote. I didn't care to learn much about politics at all. It all changed when I started having those adult, real world experiences that showed the truth to me. I am intimately aware of the mental pathway from bleeding heart liberal to I live in reality conservative.

But what really set off my Irish temper was one word in this thread. And I argue, posters, that there were actually a few posts after, including Mountaineers, that seemed dismissive while I was talking about a subject that is actually important to me. That was when DC Patriot told me I was "overthinking" it.

The term "overthinking" still gets my blood boiling a little bit, to be honest. I went to a party last weekend with a friend, when a strange man approached us and very brazenly asked her to take her top off (We were both wearing flats, jeans, and t shirts, and nothing about our behavior invited  this kind of treatment). I was walking with a man and a woman a few days ago, and his friend made jokes about how he should "go for it" meaning with us. I went to Vegas a few months ago. I only go because my fiancé likes it. In the literal five minutes I was separated from him, a pimp approached me and in utterly creepy manner tried to recruit me.

So yes, it was offensive to me that what has basically been a collection of life experiences for me and worthy of analysis was so easily poo poo'd. I wonder, men on this site, how often, if at all, you have any of the experiences I just listed? I can tell you that I can rattle off many many more....

I do like being a young, attractive woman. There is a lot of power in it. But my friends and I do attract a lot of attention that is frequently unwelcome. Dealing with men is a very important part of our lives, so to hear someone tell me I was "overthinking" it (and a few other posts after), yes, it offended me.

The place where the liberal progressive movement runs circles around conservatives is that it makes minority causes seem like a priority. I know it's a lie. These programs have done nothing to solve poverty, race baiting increases agitation, women are still paid less in the white house, etc. Most people don't look at facts, though, they just want a politician to lend a (fake) sympathetic ear.  Meanwhile, Republicans have been called "The Party of No." No, you can't have that, no, you shouldn't do that, etc etc.

Care to debate me on that, Dan?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2014, 12:16:50 am »
Glad to see ya back....stick with us, we need voices like yours..you are our future...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline briskirn

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2014, 12:23:45 am »
Thank, Mystery. I appreciate the wisdom and experience of those older than me as well, and I only hope that the truth in your message can be conveyed to those who need to hear it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2014, 12:26:50 am »
Some of us are a little older and set in our ways but it does us good to hear the views of younger generations if we are going to survive.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:27:16 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2014, 12:32:20 am »
Thank, Mystery. I appreciate the wisdom and experience of those older than me as well, and I only hope that the truth in your message can be conveyed to those who need to hear it.

Yay Briskirn!  I have a feeling you can hold your own here with us!  Glad to hear from you and hope you'll contribute again.

:beer:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2014, 01:07:49 am »
The place where the liberal progressive movement runs circles around conservatives is that it makes minority causes seem like a priority. I know it's a lie. These programs have done nothing to solve poverty, race baiting increases agitation, women are still paid less in the white house, etc. Most people don't look at facts, though, they just want a politician to lend a (fake) sympathetic ear.  Meanwhile, Republicans have been called "The Party of No." No, you can't have that, no, you shouldn't do that, etc etc.

Care to debate me on that, Dan?

Try getting your interpretation of reality somewhere other than the msm...

Offline briskirn

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2014, 01:27:01 am »
msm meaning methylsulfonylmethane? For joints? What are you talking about? Btw there was a lot more post that you are free to comment on.

Again, I'd appreciate if you can flesh out your opinion, even ever so slightly. All I'm getting from you right now is misunderstanding and annoyance.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:28:09 am by briskirn »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2014, 01:32:18 am »
msm meaning methylsulfonylmethane? For joints? What are you talking about? Btw there was a lot more post that you are free to comment on.

Again, I'd appreciate if you can flesh out your opinion, even ever so slightly. All I'm getting from you right now is misunderstanding and annoyance.

MSM = main stream media.  Those who set the terms of the debate, control the outcomes of that debate.

The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.

Offline briskirn

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2014, 01:34:51 am »
Gotcha. I abhor the mainstream media. I don't even watch Fox. I get my news from thedrudgereport, and I read a Spanish newspaper called elpais.com to get another country's persective, and over the past year, I've mostly been reading on this site, not commenting, since a lot of the members here have access to obscure conservative topics.

Any other assumptions you want to make about me?

Btw, I'm conservative, I vote Republican, but I jibe best with Libertarians.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:35:54 am by briskirn »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2014, 01:40:58 am »
Gotcha. I abhor the mainstream media. I don't even watch Fox. I get my news from thedrudgereport, and I read a Spanish newspaper called elpais.com to get another country's persective, and over the past year, I've mostly been reading on this site, not commenting, since a lot of the members here have access to obscure conservative topics.

Any other assumptions you want to make about me?

Btw, I'm conservative, I vote Republican, but I jibe best with Libertarians.

No you didn't.  Your positions mirror those of the msm.  I wasn't assuming anything...