Author Topic: Our Lying President and his Lying Press Secretary  (Read 241 times)

Offline famousdayandyear

Our Lying President and his Lying Press Secretary
« on: October 03, 2014, 09:05:16 pm »
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2014/09/30/our-lying-president-and-his-lying-press-secretary

Our Lying President and His Lying Press Secretary
Peter Wehner 09.30.2014 - 11:50 AM

White House press secretary Josh Earnest has a problem. In a misguided effort to protect his boss, the president, he is continuing to lie.

I use the word lie advisedly but, I believe, correctly. Here’s why.

In an exchange yesterday with ABC’s Jonathan Karl, Mr. Earnest continues to peddle the fiction that President Obama did not have ISIS/ISIL in mind when he referred to it in an interview in the New Yorker as a “jayvee team.” Several weeks ago I showed why that claim is false, and so have many others, including Glenn Kessler, the fact-checker for the Washington Post.

It’s simply not plausible to believe the White House press secretary is unwittingly mistaken on this matter. By now he has to know what the truth is. He has to know full well that Mr. Obama had ISIS in mind when he referred to it as a “jayvee team.” So, by the way, does Mr. Obama, who is also deceiving Americans about this matter.

I understand why the president and his press secretary would rather not admit to having mocked ISIS now that it is the largest, richest, most well armed, and most formidable terrorist group on the planet. But Mr. Obama did, and being duplicitous about the fact that he did isn’t going to help anyone. It will, in fact, further erode the president’s credibility.

It is bad enough for this administration to be so inept; it’s worse for them to be so obviously dishonest as well.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Our Lying President and his Lying Press Secretary
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 02:25:14 am »
Regardless of the content of this piece, one has to love the title !!

Offline famousdayandyear

Re: Our Lying President and his Lying Press Secretary
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 02:43:55 am »
Yep.

Could not resist the lede.