Author Topic: Abortion Activist Says Killing Newborns May Be Justifiable  (Read 644 times)

rangerrebew

Abortion Activist Says Killing Newborns May Be Justifiable
« on: September 30, 2014, 11:11:52 am »
- Washington Free Beacon - http://freebeacon.com -

Abortion Activist Says Killing Newborns May Be Justifiable

Posted By Stephen Gutowski On September 29, 2014 @ 2:39 pm In Politics | No Comments

While putting on a demonstration at Ohio State University a pro-life group called Created Equal was confronted by an abortion rights counter-protester.

In a video posted to YouTube on Sept. 26, the abortion-rights advocate told the pro-life group she couldn’t say for sure whether killing a baby two minutes after its birth is always wrong.

“I have no idea what medical necessities or medical issues would arise that would necessitate that,” the woman said according to Life News.

But the pro-life advocates with Created Equal saw that pro-abortion argument taken to the next level when they visited Ohio State University. There, one abortion activist said she saw no problem with infanticide, saying there may be medical cases that require killing a newborn baby after birth.

“You’re asking me whether I blanketly believe it’s wrong to kill a newborn baby after that baby’s been taken from it’s mother’s womb,” a protester to Created Equal’s outreach at Ohio State University asks pro-lifers in a newly-released video clip. She continues, “And I’m saying to you I have no idea what medical necessities or medical issues would arise that would necessitate that.”

Pro-life activists say the woman’s support for infanticide is not surprising.

Mark Harrington, director of the pro-life group, told Life News in response: “Why would this defender of abortion refuse to condemn killing babies after birth? Because she knows there is no morally relevant difference between a child immediately before and after birth. Thus, if it were acceptable to kill her inside the womb, it would also be permissible afterward.”

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/abortion-activist-says-killing-newborns-may-be-justifiable/

Offline EdinVA

Re: Abortion Activist Says Killing Newborns May Be Justifiable
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 02:17:52 pm »
I was not going to comment on this but... her goes..  :0001:

So, now not only are we all lawyers, we are also doctors....

The two current hot domestic topics we are not going to solve because of the extreme positions, abortion and guns. 

From my perspective, the underlying issue is recklessness, "ME".  I can do what I want and no one can tell me different.  Reckless sex, reckless gun safety.

My issue with abortion is it is being used as a form of birth control and is very hard to legislate, but I would never support an anti-abortioin measure that would compromise the family of a rape victims access to all options.  I cannot comprehend forcing a 14 year old girl to have a baby from such an act, that is simply inhuman in my opinion.

There has always been, and always be, people that abuse the rights and responsibilities afforded them by the constitution but we have always accepted that and dealt with the violators on an individual basis.

Ok, I'm done.. pound away  :chairbang:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 02:58:33 pm »
I cannot comprehend forcing a 14 year old girl to have a baby from such an act, that is simply inhuman in my opinion.

But murdering the baby is humane?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 03:15:01 pm »
My point exactly.  There are no good choices, so let the families deal with it the best they can.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 03:19:18 pm »
Why shouldn't the 14 year-old girl in the scenario have adoption as one of the choices?   :shrug:

There are many childless couples on a list waiting for the opportunity to become loving parents.

...or so they tell us.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 03:29:58 pm »
I am fervently pro-life - it's the reason I joined the Republican party 40 years ago - because they stood for that then.

This is my feeling on abortions for the victims of rape, incest, or the life of the mother:

1.  Rape.  Planned parenthood enables rapists because they perform the abortion and no one is the wiser.  The rapist usually goes on scott-free to rape again and again.  If it is truly rape - the victim should feel unencumbered to report that rape IMMEDIATELY with the sure knowledge that the rapist will pay for his crime.  AT THAT TIME - the rape victim should receive the morning after pill or whatever they use now to terminate any possible pregnancy before it is implanted in the victim's body.  I don't care if some people still view that as an abortifacient - it is eons better than waiting until later to do it. 

2.  Incest - see above.  Victims should feel comfortable reporting the crime with the knowledge they will be taken out of their untenable environment and the rapist will be behind bars. 

3.  Life of the Mother - by all means, take the baby out to save the mother - but - TRY TO SAVE THE BABY TOO!  If it is too early to do that, then that's the way it is.  You don't go sticking scissors in it's neck to save the life of the mother!

If you don't want to have a baby - either use birth control or don't have sex.  If you find yourself pregnant anyway - do the right thing, bear the child and give it up to someone who will love it.  This is the only right thing to do.  We should not have any taboos to someone to do this.  Giving an unwanted baby to someone who will love them - is the ultimate act of love.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 03:40:06 pm »
1.  Rape.  Planned parenthood enables rapists because they perform the abortion and no one is the wiser.  The rapist usually goes on scott-free to rape again and again.  If it is truly rape - the victim should feel unencumbered to report that rape IMMEDIATELY with the sure knowledge that the rapist will pay for his crime.  AT THAT TIME - the rape victim should receive the morning after pill or whatever they use now to terminate any possible pregnancy before it is implanted in the victim's body.  I don't care if some people still view that as an abortifacient - it is eons better than waiting until later to do it. 

Any 14 year-old that was raped is usually the victim of an older male who has groomed them for this purpose.   These are the males that planned parenthood protects.

3.  Life of the Mother - by all means, take the baby out to save the mother - but - TRY TO SAVE THE BABY TOO!  If it is too early to do that, then that's the way it is.  You don't go sticking scissors in it's neck to save the life of the mother!

A friend of mine was diagnosed w/ cancer while pregnant and avoided treatment until the baby was delivered.  She (and the baby) are still alive.  This is what pro-life really means.

If you don't want to have a baby - either use birth control or don't have sex.  If you find yourself pregnant anyway - do the right thing, bear the child and give it up to someone who will love it.  This is the only right thing to do.  We should not have any taboos to someone to do this.  Giving an unwanted baby to someone who will love them - is the ultimate act of love.

This is where contraception has corrupted the morals of society.  It has created the excuse that the pregnancy was 'unwanted' and therefore the abortion is justified.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 07:21:13 pm »
I am fervently pro-life - it's the reason I joined the Republican party 40 years ago - because they stood for that then.

This is my feeling on abortions for the victims of rape, incest, or the life of the mother:

2.  Incest - see above.  Victims should feel comfortable reporting the crime with the knowledge they will be taken out of their untenable environment and the rapist will be behind bars. 

:beer:

...and thanks for the PM.   You're a sweetheart in the truest sense of the word. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 08:49:59 pm »
I was not going to comment on this but... her goes..  :0001:

So, now not only are we all lawyers, we are also doctors....

The two current hot domestic topics we are not going to solve because of the extreme positions, abortion and guns. 

From my perspective, the underlying issue is recklessness, "ME".  I can do what I want and no one can tell me different.  Reckless sex, reckless gun safety.

My issue with abortion is it is being used as a form of birth control and is very hard to legislate, but I would never support an anti-abortioin measure that would compromise the family of a rape victims access to all options.  I cannot comprehend forcing a 14 year old girl to have a baby from such an act, that is simply inhuman in my opinion.

There has always been, and always be, people that abuse the rights and responsibilities afforded them by the constitution but we have always accepted that and dealt with the violators on an individual basis.

Ok, I'm done.. pound away  :chairbang:

Well Ed...since no one here seems to agree with your reasoned approach, I will.  Given that only about a fifth of the population wants abortion banned in all cases, it would be best for GOP candidates in '16 to leave the topic for something other than policy positions.  Extreme positions either way won't be embraced by voters.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 09:58:28 pm »
Thanks Mac, actually everyone has been quite civil which is a surprise to me on such a hot topic.

The reality of the situation is this, both parties are hell bent on national domination at any cost, either to the country or the individual.

My crystal ball tells me that the liberals have a whole host of legislation waiting in the wings for the next time they get total power, which they will.  I am sure obamacare was written decades ago and they have just been waiting for the opportunity to shove it down our throats.  I am also convinced, that they have abortion and gun legislation in hand ready to shove it in uncomfortable places.

If we don't get real about what is going on and get some practical legislation thru which condemns the recklessness while leaving room for responsible interpretation our argument is going to loose.

We cannot continue to criminalize disagreement.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 10:36:22 pm »
Thanks Mac, actually everyone has been quite civil which is a surprise to me on such a hot topic.

For the most part Ed, that's what we have here in this forum.  Strong disagreements sometimes but almost always civility. 

The reality of the situation is this, both parties are hell bent on national domination at any cost, either to the country or the individual.

My crystal ball tells me that the liberals have a whole host of legislation waiting in the wings for the next time they get total power, which they will.  I am sure obamacare was written decades ago and they have just been waiting for the opportunity to shove it down our throats.  I am also convinced, that they have abortion and gun legislation in hand ready to shove it in uncomfortable places.

Indeed, which is why no matter the issues I have with the GOP, it's the only train in the station for me to board.

It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 03:10:02 am »
EdinVA wrote above:
[[ We cannot continue to criminalize disagreement...]]

It won't continue.
Because the "criminalization" will eventually be superseded by "revolution"...