Author Topic: Holder denies timing his resignation for election  (Read 405 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Holder denies timing his resignation for election
« on: September 26, 2014, 09:06:45 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/219035-holder-resignation-decision-made-irrespective-of-midterms

September 26, 2014, 03:23 pm
Holder denies timing his resignation for election

By Peter Sullivan

Attorney General Eric Holder said on Friday that the timing of his resignation had nothing to do with the midterm elections.

"That decision was made irrespective of the midterms," Holder said in an interview with MSNBC.

The timing of his departure allows President Obama to try to get a replacement confirmed before the new Congress arrives next year, where the Senate could be controlled by Republicans.

The White House hinted on Friday that it would indeed try to get the new attorney general through in the lame-duck session.

"We had accomplished a lot, and I was satisfied with the progress that we've made, and also satisfied with the fact that the things that I think still need to be worked on are in place and on track. It was just time," Holder said. "Talked to the president, talked to people at the White House and the determination we made was that yesterday was a good day to make that announcement."

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who frequently clashed with Holder, on Thursday called the timing politically timed to the elections.

"Announcing before the election ... is a political event like so many things the attorney general has done," Issa said on Fox News.

Holder spoke of his close relationship with Obama when asked about the Justice Department's work on voting rights, which has included challenging voter ID laws, would continue.

"People have to understand something," Holder said. "Barack Obama is still the President of the United States. Alright? He and I share a world view. I did the things that he wanted me to do. We are partners. My departure is not going to have any impact on this administration's commitment to the civil rights issue that has been the life of this president."

He also said the Department of Justice investigation into the killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., would be "thorough" and "my departure will not have any impact."

Holder has committed to staying in his position until a replacement is confirmed, and he said he did not know for sure what his next steps will be after leaving.

"I'm not sure. I want to continue the work," he said. "The question is how I do it, what organization I might align myself with, or what organization I might start? But the work will continue."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Holder denies timing his resignation for election
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 09:39:27 pm »
Daily Mail says he resigned because of health.

I don't care much why he resigned, the fact that he is gone is enough for me. He is the most racist bastard in government today. The fact that he is open and proud of his racisism only makes it worse.

If he hates America and White people as much as he pretends, then why not just go to Africa, or somewhere else? Nobody is keeping him here. He can live where ever the hell he wants. If America is so terrible, then leave! What is the problem?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

Re: Holder denies timing his resignation for election
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 05:10:27 pm »
Of course it was. EVERYTHING this crew does is political.