Author Topic: REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMEMBERS URGE MILITARY OFFICERS TO REBEL AGAINST OBAMA  (Read 478 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.infowars.com/republican-congressmembers-urge-military-officers-to-rebel-against-obama/

REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMEMBERS URGE MILITARY OFFICERS TO REBEL AGAINST OBAMA
Lawmakers want officers to resign "in a blaze of glory" in opposition to White House's middle east policy

by PAUL JOSEPH WATSON | SEPTEMBER 25, 2014

Republican members of Congress are urging military officers to rebel against the Obama administration’s middle eastern foreign policy by resigning “in a blaze of glory,” according to U.S. Rep. Doug Lamborn of Colorado.

During a liberty group forum on Wednesday night in the basement of a Colorado Springs bar, Lamborn, a member of the House Armed Services Committee, answered a question from a member of the audience who urged members of Congress to “support the troops” in the absence of leadership from the White House.

According to Cory Hutchins, who attended the meeting, Lamborn responded by remarking, ““You know what, I can’t add anything to that, but do let me reassure you on this. A lot of us are talking to the generals behind the scenes, saying, ‘Hey, if you disagree with the policy that the White House has given you, let’s have a resignation.’”

“‘You know, let’s have a pubic resignation, and state your protest, and go out in a blaze of glory,’” Lamborn added . “And I haven’t seen that very much, in fact I haven’t seen that at all in years.”

The Pentagon failed to respond to Hutchins’ request for a comment, but Democrat Irv Halter, a retired Air Force major general who is running against Lamborn, accused Lamborn of politicizing the military.

“Our elected officials should not be encouraging our military leaders to resign when they have a disagreement over policy,” Halter said in a statement. “Someone who serves on the House Armed Services Committee should know better.”

The notion that Lamborn and other members of Congress are urging military leaders to resign amidst yet another bombing campaign in the middle east is extremely noteworthy given suggestions that ground troops may ultimately be deployed in Syria and Iraq to target ISIS militants.

Rumors of rancor were rife amongst members of the military in opposition to Obama’s derailed plan to attack Syria last year, with many taking to Twitter to express their discontent at the White House’s policy of arming jihadist militants throughout the region.

When both active duty and retired soldiers began posting images on Twitter under the #IdidntJoin hashtag to signal their opposition to fighting on the same side as Al-Qaeda terrorists in order to topple the Assad government in Syria, many quarters of the media attempted to claim that the images were fake or the work of pro-Assadpposition to military involvement in Syria from last year below.

Evan Klocinski @EvanKlocinski
Follow
#IdidntJoin
2:31 PM - 2 Sep 2013

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 12:16:12 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline speekinout

Re: REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMEMBERS URGE MILITARY OFFICERS TO REBEL AGAINST OBAMA
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 12:46:48 am »
Politicizing the military is a vile thing to do. The 0bama admin. misuses them and disrespects them, but I think this GOP based effort to politicize them totally is going way too far. If we destroy the military, the next President will not be able to save our country from all the threats that loom. Our military has been superb, and one reason is that they obey orders. They don't make signs, parade, and decide whether they will take part.

A pox on anyone who encourages this.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 12:54:09 am »
It is not "Congressmembers" but A Congressmember encouraging this.  And that crazy Alex Jones website Infowars is no doubt encouraging it.

This is despicable.  You sign up, you fight, you do what you committed to do. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 12:58:55 am »

I agree...not that my son would do anything like this but IF he did I would slap the sh*t out of him...I find this disgusting.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 01:13:46 am »
It is not "Congressmembers" but A Congressmember encouraging this.  And that crazy Alex Jones website Infowars is no doubt encouraging it.

Absolutely.  There's NO excuse for this.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 01:14:17 am »
I agree...not that my son would do anything like this but IF he did I would slap the sh*t out of him...I find this disgusting.
Me too. This Republican has the benefit of running in Colorado Springs, home to the Air Force Academy and Dr. James Dobson.

He gets 60-65% of the vote, but might just get too cocky. His democrat opponent this time is a retired Air "Force Major General.

History will be hard on Obama's foreign and war policy, for sure. Our military pays the price.

The War on Terror should NOT be an on-again, off-again thing, depending on who is in office.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 01:23:17 am »
Given that this comes from Infowars (which is a 100% kook site) I tend to doubt the veracity of the story.  All it would take is leaving out a preceding or following sentence for this supposed statement to have a completely different meaning, if it even happened at all.

Even FR doesn't let Infowars on the site.

Remember, Alex Jones is a 9/11 truther, thinks the US government was behind the OKC bombing, the Apollo moon landings were a hoax, among other nut jobs things.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:30:07 am by Atomic Cow »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 01:58:23 am »
speekinout wrote above:
[[ A pox on anyone who encourages this. ]]

You can send the pox my way. I've already had my vaccination.

Pagin' General James Mattoon Scott!
Your assistance is required ASAP.
Please pick up the nearest courtesy phone...

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 02:12:35 am »

If Alex Jones and InfoWars support it, it is the wrong path.