Author Topic: Las Vegas Kindergarten Sex Ed Class Teaches “Very Private Sexual Activity”  (Read 500 times)

rangerrebew

Las Vegas Kindergarten Sex Ed Class Teaches “Very Private Sexual Activity”

By Onan Coca   / 25 September 2014   / 0 Comments   

Clark County School District’s sexual education curriculum may soon be changing and local parents are not happy with the changes they’re hearing about. Currently, Clark County schools start their sexual education programs in the 5th grade and focus on just the basics while also promoting abstinence. The changes that the district is considering are found in the Guidelines for Comprehensive Sexuality Education, but some of those changes are making many local parents very upset.

Some of the suggestions in the document have local parents upset.

"You read through it and you're appalled by some of the stuff," said parent Ronald Withaeger.

montessori-roomWithaeger's oldest daughter will be in kindergarten in a few years.

"I was sick to my stomach. My wife and I read it. We're sick to think elementary age kids would be exposed to these types of things," he said.

The document covers nearly every sex education topic imaginable, and its suggestions are intended for students from kindergarten through twelfth grade. Topics include healthful dating, marriage, family values, reproduction and much more.

"'Masturbation should be done in a private place.' That's kindergarten through third grade. You've got to be kidding me. There's no need to know that at that age," Withaeger said.

The county has not decided yet whether they will be implementing all, some or any of the proposed changes from the Guidelines for Comprehensive Sexuality Education… but the very fact that they are even considering these changes makes one wonder how the school board members got elected in the first place.

Kindergarten is far too soon for public educators to be discussing or describing sexual activity with our children. Sexual education is the job and responsibility of parents - not the schools – especially when the child is 5 years old!

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/8925/las-vegas-kindergarten-sex-ed-class-teaches-private-sexual-activity/#E9w3eiXOjdvre9jo.99

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
IMO, this is a crime...what the so-called 'education' system has done here.

You're robbing children of their innocence.  Hell...you're stealing their very childhood away from them, all in the same of some social experiment.

Forgive the analogy, but heads should roll.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

But kindergartners can't go to PG movies because they are too graphic?