Author Topic: Cheney rips Obama for 'Ferguson'  (Read 270 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney rips Obama for 'Ferguson'
« on: September 25, 2014, 04:40:10 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=61310B5F-EA23-4BAB-B0E1-C338A906F61C

Cheney rips Obama for 'Ferguson'
By: Kendall Breitman
September 25, 2014 06:17 AM EDT

Dick Cheney says it’s “outrageous” that President Barack Obama mentioned the summer’s unrest in Ferguson, Mo., while speaking about ISIL during a speech at the United Nations.

“I was stunned,” the former vice president said on Wednesday during an interview on Fox News’ “Hannity.”

As Obama attempted to muster support from U.N. member nations to combat extremism earlier Wednesday, he referred to the police killing of unarmed teenager Michael Brown as a way to recognize critics who point out that the U.S. has “plenty of problems within its own borders.”

“In a summer marked by instability in the Middle East and Eastern Europe, I know the world also took notice of the small American city of Ferguson, Missouri — where a young man was killed, and a community was divided,” Obama said in the speech. “So yes, we have our own racial and ethnic tensions.”

Cheney said the comparison was unwarranted.

“In one case, you’ve got a police officer involved in a shooting, there may be questions about it to be sorted out by the legal process, but there’s no comparison to that with what ISIS is doing to thousands of people throughout the Middle East through bloody beheadings of anybody they come in contact with,” Cheney said. “To compare the two as though there’s moral equivalence there, I think, is outrageous.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Cheney rips Obama for 'Ferguson'
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 11:29:35 pm »
“To compare the two as though there’s moral equivalence there, I think, is outrageous.”

Agree.