Author Topic: 1/3 of Southwest Supports Secession from US  (Read 379 times)

rangerrebew

1/3 of Southwest Supports Secession from US
« on: September 21, 2014, 10:08:31 am »
- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

1/3 of Southwest Supports Secession from US

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On September 20, 2014 @ 9:49 pm In The Point | 2 Comments

Obama really did a bang up job bringing Americans together. Some Americans anyway.

As you can see the numbers are highest in the Southwest and lowest in New England. That’s predictable. Despite the equally predictable leftist spin, the wealthy are less likely to want to secede than any other group.

Support for secession is highest among those earning under $28K a year, but generally remains strong among the middle class.

Overall there are no obvious gaps.

Romney voters are more likely to support secession than Obama voters but not by that much. The same holds true of a lot of categories. Some groups support it more than others, but the difference is not that big.

The phenomenon here appears to be polarization. A lot of Americans are no longer thinking of themselves as Americans now that the very idea of being an American is imploding.

What is America? What is an American? In the age of “You didn’t build that”, Cinco de Maya flag bans and “undocumented immigrants” being lavished with amnesty, it’s unclear.

On the one hand we have immense political polarization and on the other, a central identity is being shredded by radical policies.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/13-of-southwest-supports-secession-from-us/

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:09:17 am by rangerrebew »

Offline PzLdr

Re: 1/3 of Southwest Supports Secession from US
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 01:58:59 pm »
I believe this is the only solution for our country's problems. The Left doesn't want to live with us. I don't want to live with them [and this poll indicates there are a lot of people who feel the same]. So let's split it up and be done with it.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 02:44:07 pm »
This is a really bad idea and would have very unsavory ramifications.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 02:49:08 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 08:24:36 pm »
I believe this is the only solution for our country's problems. The Left doesn't want to live with us. I don't want to live with them [and this poll indicates there are a lot of people who feel the same]. So let's split it up and be done with it.

There are some states that I would LOVE to secede such as Mejifornia, New York, Colorado, New Jersey, and Oregon.  Unfortunately, I don't think it would be in the best interest of the country.  In fact, it would be perfect Cloward/Piven.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 01:26:48 am »
Here's the unedited text of a post I put up on TOS a couple of years ago.
Compare it to the map at the beginning of the above article:
======================================================
I agree that a North American breakup could, and probably will, happen someday.

All one has to do is look at the map showing Hispanic population density in the southwestern states to see that the concept of “Atzlan” is no longer a trivial matter - it is quite real. In half-million-strong rallies - in instances where the Mexican flag is raised over the American flag - we are seeing evidence of “emerging Atzlan”. New Mexico is now majority Hispanic. Euros are a minority in California. When the Obama administration amnesty’s the illegals, the “poitical tilt” of Texas will suddenly shift leftward (I will draw fire from Texans reading this for even suggesting such a notion).

In the northeast, liberalism is triumphant. There are very few elected Republican congressmen or senators from the northeastern states. In some ways, the northeast is becoming its own nation, as “separated” in ideologies from mainstream America as is San Francisco. I could almost see a future union of the northeastern states with the maritime provinces of Canada when the breakup arrives.

And that begs the question as to whether Canada could survive a breakup of America to the south. I don’t believe it could. I see the Maritimes going with New England. I see Quebec quite possibly going on its own, perhaps with direct help from France (if that happens, watch French nationals flee to Quebec to escape the rise of Islam at home). I predict British Columbia would be partitioned, the northern part going to the New Alaskan Nation and the southern part joining with Washington, Oregon, and northernmost California as the “Pacific Ecological State”. The prairie provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta and the Northwest Territory will join with Alaska and the mountain states to form one conservative nation. That will leave Ontario with nowhere to go but to join the “Great Lakes Commonwealth” along with Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, and eastern Iowa. Possibly Indiana as well, but southern Indianans would oppose this.

I foresee the Great Plains states, possibly South Dakota, Nebraska, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, western Iowa, maybe Colorado, joining together as “Prairieland”.

And of course, there’ll be “Dixieland” in the south.

Not sure about Florida yet. Nor Texas — the western end may end up in “Atzlan”, but that still leaves plenty of TX to either go it alone or perhaps consider joining either Dixieland or Prairieland.

In the east - as we witnessed in this election - formerly red states are turning blue, such as Virginia. I envision a new “Atlantic Coastal State” along the eastern coast. The only question will be whether the mid-Atlantic states wish to join this confederation or go their own way.

I also see a “Mountain Home” nation, perhaps comprised of West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, perhaps the western portions of Virginia and North Carolina. Of all the emerging nations, this is the one of which I’d like to be a citizen... :)

A lot of folks here are laughing at the notion that the United States could disunite. But how many nations have existed through time with their boundaries forever unchanged, their internal loyalties forever united?