Author Topic: Liberal Editor Says ISIS ‘Not A Legitimate Threat’  (Read 502 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liberal Editor Says ISIS ‘Not A Legitimate Threat’
« on: September 21, 2014, 10:09:53 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/21/liberal-editor-says-isis-not-a-legitimate-threat-video/?print=1

Liberal Editor Says ISIS ‘Not A Legitimate Threat’ [VIDEO]
Posted By Al Weaver On 11:21 AM 09/21/2014

Left-wing talking head Katrina vanden Heuvel said Sunday on ABC’s”This Week” that ISIS is “not an immediate threat to this country,” a point later disputed in the roundtable segment by Wall Street Journal foreign affairs columnist Bret Stephens. Vanden Heuvel, the editor of the liberal news outfit The Nation, also said that America should go about combating ISIS through “regional diplomacy” or a “political solution.”

“The president articulated what I think is a pretty good foreign policy organizing principle: don’t do stupid stuff…He resisted military strikes in Syria last august. He said at West Point in May that our biggest mistakes have been willingness to rush into military adventures without thinking through the consequences.”

“I regret, I think the president has surrendered to war party in both parties, to a media that has lathered up hysteria about a threat that is not an immediate threat to this country. There is a barbarism and a gruesomeness to the video tapes that have moved the American people at this stage to support strikes, but the support for ground troops is not there. The support is very thin.”

The main problem is that too often in this country that we equate doing something with doing something militarily, when what is needed now is tough regional diplomacy, political solution. We’ve spent 13 years of military misadventure in this region. Let us find a different way. Don’t do stupid stuff.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Liberal Editor Says ISIS ‘Not A Legitimate Threat’
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 11:57:22 pm »
I agree with her to the extent that we should either go to war to destroy the enemy or not go to war at all.  OPapaDoc is living in Fantasyland if he thinks we can explode a few bombs in the desert and ISIS will go away.  Personally, I am in favor of a more strategic response.  Let ISIS and Assad alone to kill each other and use our forces only to defend our interests in the region.

I don't doubt that ISIS is a threat to the USA.  So are Iranian nukes.  So are numerous other jihadist groups around the world.  So are home grown terrorists.  Dropping a few bombs in the desert will do nothing to diminish any of these threats.  This is Libya all over again.