Author Topic: Texas Executes Woman for Starvation and Torture of 9 Year Old Boy  (Read 620 times)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Texas Executes Woman for Starvation and Torture of 9 Year Old Boy
« on: September 17, 2014, 11:59:42 pm »
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) — A Texas woman convicted of the starvation and torture death of her girlfriend's 9-year-old son a decade ago was executed Wednesday evening.

Lisa Coleman, 38, received a lethal injection after the U.S. Supreme Court rejected a last-day appeal to spare her.

She was pronounced dead at 6:24 p.m. CDT, 12 minutes after Texas Department of Criminal officials began administering a lethal dose of pentobarbital.

Coleman became the ninth convicted killer and second woman to receive lethal injection in Texas this year. Nationally, she's the 15th woman executed since the Supreme Court in 1976 allowed the death penalty to resume. During that same time, nearly 1,400 men have been put to death.

Coleman was condemned for the death of Davontae Williams, whose emaciated body was found in July 2004 at the North Texas apartment Coleman shared with his mother, Marcella Williams.

Paramedics who found him dead said they were shocked to learn his age. He weighed 36 pounds, about half that of a normal 9-year-old. A pediatrician later would testify that he had more than 250 distinct injuries, including burns from cigarettes or cigars and scars from ligatures, and that a lack of food made him stop growing.

"There was not an inch on his body that not been bruised or scarred or injured," said Dixie Bersano, one of Coleman's trial prosecutors.

http://www.chron.com/news/texas/article/Texas-executes-woman-for-starvation-of-boy-9-5762884.php?cmpid=bna

May she roast in hell.

I always find it funny how people protest that we shouldn't execute women, simply because they are female.  Well, if women truly want to be equal to men, then they have the right to die equally for their crimes.

"Next In Line!"
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline sinkspur

Re: Texas Executes Woman for Starvation and Torture of 9 Year Old Boy
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:13:45 am »
Whatever became of Marcella Williams?  Seems she's just as guilty as this woman.  The boy's MOTHER stood by and let this happen?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 12:38:54 am »
Whatever became of Marcella Williams?  Seems she's just as guilty as this woman.  The boy's MOTHER stood by and let this happen?

His mother and Coleman's partner, Marcella Williams, took a plea deal and is serving a life prison term.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 01:14:46 am »
Unbelievable....and to think we just found out today that Casey Anthony is pregnant with TWINS!

"Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 01:54:19 am »
Her lawyer tried to play both the race card and the lesbian card.

'What she’s really guilty of is being a black lesbian,' Stickels said.

'Her sexual orientation played a role in the state choosing to seek the death penalty and in her getting the death penalty.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2760084/Tell-I-finished-strong-Last-words-Texas-woman-38-executed-starving-girlfriend-s-9-year-old-son-death.html
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 03:14:31 am »

"In Texas we have the death penalty and we...USE IT!
If you kill somebody we'll kill you back.
That's our policy..."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 01:25:49 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 03:13:08 pm »
Her lawyer tried to play both the race card and the lesbian card.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2760084/Tell-I-finished-strong-Last-words-Texas-woman-38-executed-starving-girlfriend-s-9-year-old-son-death.html

Actually, lesbians do have the highest rate of domestic violence.  Something about the reaction between flannel and work boots.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 03:25:48 pm »
Actually, lesbians do have the highest rate of domestic violence.  Something about the reaction between flannel and work boots.

Apparently, the facts point towards women as the primary initiators of domestic violence...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline raml

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 09:22:37 pm »
I resent that I have been a victim of domestic abuse. I did nothing but take care of him and our children. I was almost a doormat to his his demands that I be perfect since his high IQ over 170 seemed to demand perfection. I was an idiot for staying as long as I did but I did leave and have been happy since. Women don't deserve being hit and emotionally abused nothing they did could ask for it and stupid me I tried my best to be perfect for him but being human I failed and that would get me in hot water with him. He does the same thing to his new wife but she enjoys the money he has so like an idiot she takes it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:23:14 pm by raml »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 09:51:51 pm »
Apparently, the facts point towards women as the primary initiators of domestic violence...
Please post the sources and links to your "facts."

That way we all can study up about "women as the primary initiators of domestic violence...."

Thanks in advance.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 12:46:58 am »
I resent that I have been a victim of domestic abuse. I did nothing but take care of him and our children. I was almost a doormat to his his demands that I be perfect since his high IQ over 170 seemed to demand perfection. I was an idiot for staying as long as I did but I did leave and have been happy since. Women don't deserve being hit and emotionally abused nothing they did could ask for it and stupid me I tried my best to be perfect for him but being human I failed and that would get me in hot water with him. He does the same thing to his new wife but she enjoys the money he has so like an idiot she takes it.

Congratulations on having the strength to leave.

That took courage!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 01:07:32 am »
Please post the sources and links to your "facts."

That way we all can study up about "women as the primary initiators of domestic violence...."

Thanks in advance.

One can only hope he left off the sarcasm tag.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!